Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Sci-Fi & Fantasy
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Poll: Best baddie?
Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.
Poll Options
Best baddie?

Like Tree28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2011, 05:00 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

So did the Wez fans sport a pair of 'Arseless' leather breeks back in the day?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd September 2011, 05:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default Lord Humungus

loving Humungus,
Lord Humungus (Kjell Nilsson) is the violent, yet charismatic and articulate leader of a "vicious gang of post-holocaust, motorcycle-riding vandals" who "loot, rape, and kill the few remaining wasteland dwellers. Styling himself the "warrior of the wasteland, [and] the ayatullah of rock-and-rollah", Humungus' "malevolence courses through his huge pectorals, [and] pulses visibly under his bald, sutured scalp."Humungus' face is never seen, as he wears a hockey goalies' mask; as far as clothing, he has a bare torso adorned only with leather biker paraphernalia. There is nothing to suggest what his background was prior to the apocalyptic war, but there are indications that he possibly suffered from radiation exposure. In a brief cutaway, as Humungus pulls his revolver from a case and loads a single bullet to shoot out the engine of the Mack truck, we see a black and white photograph of a family with a military officer in the father's position, though it is unclear whether this would be Humungus's former family. Although ruthless, he also appears to have the ability to think rationally in times of crisis.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3754901834_8510b59ef3_b.jpg (55.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 25th September 2011, 06:13 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
This may sound like heresy to some but I don't like any of them, I think the first 2 are massively overrated
I thought Mad Max 2 (Road Warrior in US) was good but over-rated. The first one didn't live up to the hype for me, but I'm still proud that it's an Australian movie and apart of our history.

I STILL haven't seen Beyond Thunderdome. My brother will not shut up about its awesomeness. Must see it when i go back to the 'rents.
Old 14th November 2011, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've ordered the original MAD MAX on Blu Ray.
Can't wait to see this on hi-def!

I always find it a hard choice deciding what's best between this and The Road Warrior.......

Wonder if Thunderdome will see the light of day on BD......?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 16th November 2011, 01:11 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by VicDakin View Post
loving Humungus,
Lord Humungus (Kjell Nilsson) is the violent, yet charismatic and articulate leader of a "vicious gang of post-holocaust, motorcycle-riding vandals" who "loot, rape, and kill the few remaining wasteland dwellers. Styling himself the "warrior of the wasteland, [and] the ayatullah of rock-and-rollah", Humungus' "malevolence courses through his huge pectorals, [and] pulses visibly under his bald, sutured scalp."Humungus' face is never seen, as he wears a hockey goalies' mask; as far as clothing, he has a bare torso adorned only with leather biker paraphernalia. There is nothing to suggest what his background was prior to the apocalyptic war, but there are indications that he possibly suffered from radiation exposure. In a brief cutaway, as Humungus pulls his revolver from a case and loads a single bullet to shoot out the engine of the Mack truck, we see a black and white photograph of a family with a military officer in the father's position, though it is unclear whether this would be Humungus's former family. Although ruthless, he also appears to have the ability to think rationally in times of crisis.
Imo that Humongous action figure sports a superior physique to it's inspiration!

It was a tough choice between the above and Wez but i had to bite the bullet and go for 'The Ayatollah Of Rock 'n' Rolla' as i'm in agreement with your reasoning. With Wez what you see is what you get but it's not quite that linear with Humongous. There's more to the guy than just pure brutality and he's more of a thinking man's kinda savage.
Old 17th December 2011, 03:35 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Strewth!
And have they did a grand job on the Mad Max BD!

It looks INCREDIBLE!
Gojirosan likes this.

Old 17th December 2011, 04:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs View Post
Strewth!
And have they did a grand job on the Mad Max BD!

It looks INCREDIBLE!
It's Region A, I suppose?

Greetings!
Old 18th December 2011, 09:14 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Mad Max:
EzyDVD
JB HiFi Online

Region B all the way baby! First was Mad Max 2, released by Warner Bros, then this by Village Roadshow. Hopefully Warner Bros, I believe, will release Beyond Thunderdome in the near future.

EDIT: I thought someone would be selling it on Amazon UK, and I was right. Your best bet is getting it from EzyDVD or JB Hifi though, I would think given the exchange rate.

Pottermore: SkyDragon113
Old 19th December 2011, 05:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Doesn't MGM's RA MM BR boast better bonus material though? I'm pretty sure the Aussie HD release is missing some or most of the U.S. extras.
Old 19th December 2011, 06:50 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post

Greetings!
Just tried it there for you Prince,and although there's nothing to state it's Region A on the back cover,I'm afraid it is mate.

Like this? Share it using the links below!