Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/7789-lord-rings-trilogy.html)

Make Them Die Slowly 29th January 2012 08:53 PM

Forgot to say, I love the LOTR films.

Gojirosan 29th January 2012 08:56 PM

Whichever one has the giant spider in is the best.

Shelob is the sole redeeming feature of the book, and the high point of the films. The films are very accomplished and well made, but hollow and tedious. I enjoyed them at the cinema, but watching them subsequently...GOD THEY GO ON!!! plus it's hard not to hate hobbits. They are so lame! Shaved Ewoks...

A cut above most blockbusters, but still nothing to rave about. Jackson has done much better. And worse! :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 29th January 2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 212845)
Shaved Ewoks

That's something you don't hear everyday.

antmumford 29th January 2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 212835)
Can't vote for one to be honest.

To me its one brilliant,huge 12 hour movie.

That's exactly how I see it as well mate. I love the films and they will never leave my Blu-ray collection. Was a revelation to see them in HD too, just jaw droppingly gorgeous.
So excited for The Hobbit films

Rassilon 29th January 2012 09:41 PM

I like them, and only Peter Jackson could direct the Hobbit. As for 'even the trees walk' that sounds like it was stolen straight from clerks 2. A film where all they do is talking. Even Silent Bob does talking.
Seriously though, LOTR is great. Took me awhile to get into it but Now I am I love it and it really makes me want to play skyrim.

Nordicdusk 29th January 2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 212861)
I like them, and only Peter Jackson could direct the Hobbit. As for 'even the trees walk' that sounds like it was stolen straight from clerks 2. A film where all they do is talking. Even Silent Bob does talking.
Seriously though, LOTR is great. Took me awhile to get into it but Now I am I love it and it really makes me want to play skyrim.

Dont play Skyrim unless you have a year to spare that game will ruin your life.;)

nekromantik 29th January 2012 10:42 PM

I love them too but I gotta admit I do find Fellowship to be tad slow after 2-3 viewings!

Vampix 30th January 2012 12:02 PM

The Lord of the Rings movies are alright, a bit boring in parts though.I couldn't watch the extended versions one after another, I'd be asleep after the first couple of hours.I am curious about The Hobbit so I will watch it when it's released.

Rassilon 30th January 2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 212862)
Dont play Skyrim unless you have a year to spare that game will ruin your life.;)

I am not allowed to play skrim for that very fact. I simply wouldn't have the time. But oh how I'd like too.

RedEyeTheCylon 31st January 2012 12:17 AM

Return of the King is my favourite mainly because of the amazing battle sequences. The Two Towers follows close behind and I do think Sarumans speech to the Uruk Hai army in this is the greatest moment in the whole trilogy.
Sarumans Speech - No Dawn For men - YouTube