Poll Options
Which is the best in the series?

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th January 2015, 02:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Can't see that happening until Christopher Tolkien dies, he's been very vocal about his dislike of the way Peter Jackson handled his father's work, so I wouldn't expect it this decade anyway!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 30th January 2015, 01:59 AM
Cult Addict

OH **** me can't he just let it lie. sorry all you hobbit fanciers but personally i'd rather see PJ making Another gorefest or even Heavenly creatures type stuff, a great director that is being severely compromised.
Even a Dr who episode, just not more middle earth bollocks. I l;iked Lord of the Rings but after 15 years of the same shit for gods sake do something original, the hobbit has destroyed his creativity.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 30th January 2015, 05:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu42 View Post
OH **** me can't he just let it lie. sorry all you hobbit fanciers but personally i'd rather see PJ making Another gorefest or even Heavenly creatures type stuff, a great director that is being severely compromised.
Even a Dr who episode, just not more middle earth bollocks. I l;iked Lord of the Rings but after 15 years of the same shit for gods sake do something original, the hobbit has destroyed his creativity.
Same as George Lucas - they both should make a 90 min small film rather then big epics all the time
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 30th January 2015, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Same as George Lucas - they both should make a 90 min small film rather then big epics all the time

Difference is Peter Jackson can direct films, George Lucas can't
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 1st August 2016, 09:47 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
How will that work?
Can't help thinking that this isn't genuine!

The Silmarillion: Warner Bros. Multi-Film & TV Deal for J.R.R. Tolkien's Classic! - MoviePilot.com

"New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures, MGM and Showtime have officially announced the completion of a deal with the Tolkien Estate to adapt J.R.R. Tolkien’s beloved novel, The Silmarillion, in a cross-platform deal that will include a multi-film franchise and premium cable television show to air on Showtime."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th April 2021, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watch lord of the rings Soviet Union style .

https://www.theverge.com/tldr/2021/4...J9ByrGzmSf-Qoo

First few pharagraphs

The long-lost Lord of the Rings adaptation from Soviet Russia is a glorious fever

Like found footage from a hobbit’s camcorder

The 1991 made-for-TV film features glorious low budget special effects and shonky costumes.
You may think you’re familiar with The Lord of the Rings, but nothing can quite prepare you for an adaptation of J.R.R. Tolkien’s classic fantasy text made in the Soviet Union.

The made-for-TV film first aired on Leningrad Television in 1991 and was thought to be lost to time, as first reported by The Guardian. But the station’s successor, 5TV, recently unearthed a copy from its archives, and uploaded the entire work to YouTube in two parts.

LOW BUDGET SPECIAL EFFECTS AND SOVIET MOOD MUSIC
With a running time of around 1 hour and 50 minutes, this adaptation focuses only on the first book of Tolkein’s trilogy, The Fellowship of the Ring, and is a riot of low-budget special effects, bizarre camera work, and Soviet mood music.

Rather than the epic Hollywood fantasy captured so well by Peter Jackson, this adaptation feels like a weird fairy tale told by a pipe-smoking madman in the woods. In other words: it captures a completely legitimate aspect of The Lord of the Rings, just not one we’re necessarily used to.
nosferatu42 likes this.
Old 3rd March 2023, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Warner Bros. and New Line announced plans to make more The Lord of the Rings movies recently, leading many to wonder what the director and writers of the original trilogy have to say about that. Well, director Peter Jackson and writing partners Fran Walsh and Philippa Boyens have weighed in.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/pe.../1100-6511800/

Like this? Share it using the links below!