Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/7789-lord-rings-trilogy.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th January 2012 08:23 PM

The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy

So I've just finished my Lord Of The Rings marathon - extended versions, naturally and, oh boy, they are awesome and get better every time.

Who here's a fan? Which one's your favourite?

Everyone looking forward to The Hobbit?

Pete 29th January 2012 08:26 PM

I hate the LORD OF THE RINGS, damnit!

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 29th January 2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 212831)
I hate the LORD OF THE RINGS, damnit!

How could you say that, Pete?! How could you? How could you?!! :nono: :p

Paul@TheOverlook 29th January 2012 08:31 PM

It's just three movies with nothing going on but people walking. Even the trees walk in those f***ing movies*

* I like them really, just could resist the paraphrased Clerks 2 quote.

Pete 29th January 2012 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 212832)
How could you say that, Pete?! How could you? How could you?!! :nono: :p

Sorry luv but I really don't like them.

:behindsofa:

Demdike@Cult Labs 29th January 2012 08:36 PM

Can't vote for one to be honest.

To me its one brilliant,huge 12 hour movie.

Nordicdusk 29th January 2012 08:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great movies but out of the 3 the first one is the best for me.I cant wait to see the Hobbit the trailer looks great. Also Liv Tyler is so beautiful as Arwen

.Attachment 41929

Make Them Die Slowly 29th January 2012 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Liv Tyler is indeed beautiful but this is her future!

BioZombie 29th January 2012 08:45 PM

I like the rings trilogy and will go and see the hobbit, but I wish that Peter Jackson had not directed the Hobbit.

I would like to see him try something original again.

Nordicdusk 29th January 2012 08:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 212838)
Liv Tyler is indeed beautiful but this is her future!

That picture reminded me of this from the film Labyrinth ha ha

Attachment 41931

Make Them Die Slowly 29th January 2012 08:53 PM

Forgot to say, I love the LOTR films.

Gojirosan 29th January 2012 08:56 PM

Whichever one has the giant spider in is the best.

Shelob is the sole redeeming feature of the book, and the high point of the films. The films are very accomplished and well made, but hollow and tedious. I enjoyed them at the cinema, but watching them subsequently...GOD THEY GO ON!!! plus it's hard not to hate hobbits. They are so lame! Shaved Ewoks...

A cut above most blockbusters, but still nothing to rave about. Jackson has done much better. And worse! :lol:

Make Them Die Slowly 29th January 2012 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 212845)
Shaved Ewoks

That's something you don't hear everyday.

antmumford 29th January 2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 212835)
Can't vote for one to be honest.

To me its one brilliant,huge 12 hour movie.

That's exactly how I see it as well mate. I love the films and they will never leave my Blu-ray collection. Was a revelation to see them in HD too, just jaw droppingly gorgeous.
So excited for The Hobbit films

Rassilon 29th January 2012 09:41 PM

I like them, and only Peter Jackson could direct the Hobbit. As for 'even the trees walk' that sounds like it was stolen straight from clerks 2. A film where all they do is talking. Even Silent Bob does talking.
Seriously though, LOTR is great. Took me awhile to get into it but Now I am I love it and it really makes me want to play skyrim.

Nordicdusk 29th January 2012 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Chad (Post 212861)
I like them, and only Peter Jackson could direct the Hobbit. As for 'even the trees walk' that sounds like it was stolen straight from clerks 2. A film where all they do is talking. Even Silent Bob does talking.
Seriously though, LOTR is great. Took me awhile to get into it but Now I am I love it and it really makes me want to play skyrim.

Dont play Skyrim unless you have a year to spare that game will ruin your life.;)

nekromantik 29th January 2012 10:42 PM

I love them too but I gotta admit I do find Fellowship to be tad slow after 2-3 viewings!

Vampix 30th January 2012 12:02 PM

The Lord of the Rings movies are alright, a bit boring in parts though.I couldn't watch the extended versions one after another, I'd be asleep after the first couple of hours.I am curious about The Hobbit so I will watch it when it's released.

Rassilon 30th January 2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 212862)
Dont play Skyrim unless you have a year to spare that game will ruin your life.;)

I am not allowed to play skrim for that very fact. I simply wouldn't have the time. But oh how I'd like too.

RedEyeTheCylon 31st January 2012 12:17 AM

Return of the King is my favourite mainly because of the amazing battle sequences. The Two Towers follows close behind and I do think Sarumans speech to the Uruk Hai army in this is the greatest moment in the whole trilogy.
Sarumans Speech - No Dawn For men - YouTube

Daemonia 31st January 2012 01:42 AM

I have the extended editions on DVD and it really is a massive feat of filmmaking and Jackson did a brilliant job with it. I'd like to rewatch them on BD at some point, but the sheer length of the saga kind of puts me off. Finding several hours a day to watch them is also a feat in itself. :lol:

Nordicdusk 31st January 2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 213149)
I have the extended editions on DVD and it really is a massive feat of filmmaking and Jackson did a brilliant job with it. I'd like to rewatch them on BD at some point, but the sheer length of the saga kind of puts me off. Finding several hours a day to watch them is also a feat in itself. :lol:

Once a year on my holidays i always have a Lord of the Rings Extented cut trilogy day and a Star Wars day where i watch all 6 in one day. Hope i can get both on Blu Ray before my next holidays from work. Since i got all 3 Lotrs i have failed many time to watch just one i feel i have to watch all 3 in a row only down side is a soar ass at the end.:)

doolahrock 7th February 2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nordicdusk (Post 213321)
Since i got all 3 Lotrs i have failed many time to watch just one i feel i have to watch all 3 in a row only down side is a soar ass at the end.:)

Jesus, what do you get up to whilst watching films? :)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th February 2012 06:19 PM

Easily the first,although I was mad at the end as I didn't realise it was gonna be a trilogy! :lol:

And I prefer the cinema edits-they're long enough!:shocked:

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th February 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 214835)
I didn't realise it was gonna be a trilogy! :lol:

Wow! I would've kept that to yourself :lol:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th February 2012 06:38 PM

Too much Fangoria and Shivers in those days and not enough Empire.....;)

I thought Tolkien was something you put in a slot machine! :lol:

Nordicdusk 7th February 2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 214794)
Jesus, what do you get up to whilst watching films? :)

I was raised a Catholic and even tho i do not believe that as an adult and watching movies and enjoying yourself is a sin i feel i must punish myself to balance it out old habits die hard.:lol:

But seriously i used to have this couch that turned into a bed and i may as well be sitting on sharp rocks after half an hour my ass would be dead. I love my recliners now so comfortable.

InDogWeTrust 16th March 2012 07:18 AM

I wish I lived in a place like The Shire!

Susan Foreman 15th July 2012 07:43 PM

Slightly off topic, but it's been suggested that 'The Hobbit' might be released as three films, instead of the two we were originally expecting

Could we end up with THREE Hobbit movies? | Cinema News | Film @ The Digital Fix

sawyer6 15th July 2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 257816)
Slightly off topic, but it's been suggested that 'The Hobbit' might be released as three films, instead of the two we were originally expecting

Could we end up with THREE Hobbit movies? | Cinema News | Film @ The Digital Fix

They could release it as one movie too ,more money,more money...

Susan Foreman 31st July 2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

It's been confirmed that 'The Hobbit' is going to be released in three episodes

Gandalf has spoken - three Hobbit films happening.. | Cinema News | Film @ The Digital Fix

However...it seems that 'part three' is going to comprise of the appendices to both 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings', rather than being a 'proper' film

Because of this, I am unsure as to how you are supposed to actually view the whole saga:

The Hobbit - the Appendices - The Lord of the Rings?
The Hobbit - The Lord of the Rings - the Appendices?
The Appendices - The Hobbit - The Lord of the Rings?

Oh well, time will tell I suppose

Release date for part 3 is 2014

sawyer6 31st July 2012 05:55 PM

I don't want to make Peter Jackson richer!

PaulD 31st July 2012 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 262090)
It's been confirmed that 'The Hobbit' is going to be released in three episodes

Gandalf has spoken - three Hobbit films happening.. | Cinema News | Film @ The Digital Fix

However...it seems that 'part three' is going to comprise of the appendices to both 'The Hobbit' and 'The Lord of the Rings', rather than being a 'proper' film

Because of this, I am unsure as to how you are supposed to actually view the whole saga:

The Hobbit - the Appendices - The Lord of the Rings?
The Hobbit - The Lord of the Rings - the Appendices?
The Appendices - The Hobbit - The Lord of the Rings?

Oh well, time will tell I suppose

Release date for part 3 is 2014

Such a weak decision. It seemed silly enough to make The Hobbit 2 films although I can just about imagine that working.

Criterion7 31st July 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

He's said it's now a trilogy. Hmmm fellowship over 500 pages and it's one film. Hobbit 310 and it's 3. Peter Jackson is trying to bilk fans. Hopefully they won't be blinded by this sham.

Susan Foreman 2nd September 2012 06:44 PM

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey arrives on Dec 14 this year as planned
The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug still hits screens on December 13, 2013.
The Hobbit: There And Back Again will be in cinemas on July 18, 2014.

Hobbit News Blast! | Movie News | Empire

Bringer Of Funerals 2nd September 2012 06:55 PM

thats taking the piss

sawyer6 2nd September 2012 10:14 PM

Not interested anymore!

Vampix 2nd September 2012 10:21 PM

Not interested in The Hobbit, I wanna see special editions of Bad Taste, Braindead and Meet the Feebles.

Rik 2nd September 2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampix (Post 270459)
Not interested in The Hobbit, I wanna see special editions of Bad Taste, Braindead and Meet the Feebles.

Hell yeah!

Susan Foreman 22nd September 2012 08:41 AM

Well, it's going to anger some people here, but the 2nd trailer for the 1st of the Hobbit films has been released:

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - Official Trailer 2 [HD] - YouTube

And 'Empire magazine' has a scene-by-scene break down of it!

Far to the East, over ranges and rivers? | The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey ? Trailer Breakdown | Features | Empire