Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Sci-Fi & Fantasy (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=542)
-   -   The Eighties Sci-Fi Thread. (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sci-fi-fantasy/8488-eighties-sci-fi-thread.html)

davejay 19th February 2009 03:50 PM

What no MEGAFORCE???!!!

mark meakin 19th February 2009 04:37 PM

Yes definitely no Megaforce !:ack:.My favourites some of which I saw at the flicks though not all are neccesarily great:-
Battle Beyond The Stars (Corny but fun)
The Last Starfighter (Really used to like this a lot)
The Humanoid (Saw this at the local cinema)
Star Trek-The Wrath Of Khan (Still one of my favourite Trek films)
Galaxy Of Terror (Good gory fun)
Hangar 18 (enjoyable conspiracy nonsense)
Saturn Three (I'd like to see the full original cut of this)
Forbidden World (Not a patch on GOT but OK enough)
Xtro (Love when the Action Man bayonets Lou Beale & a pre Living Daylights Maryam d'Abo remains in the memory !:D)
Bladerunner (This grew on me over the years despite me not liking it the first time I watched the Warner rental tape)
Dune (I've always found this underrated)
Battletruck (Enjoyable Kiwi Mad Max clone)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 19th February 2009 08:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by davejay (Post 22257)
What no MEGAFORCE???!!!

Just for you Dave.....:D

Daemonia 20th February 2009 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vincenzo (Post 22253)
I think that was The Amazing Captain Nemo (aka Return Of Captain Nemo) with Jose Ferrer.

That's the one! I remember that even as an easily entertained youngster I could see that it was a pretty shoddy affair! Still enjoyed it it though - whoever took me to see that (might have been my friend's Dad) could well be responsible for my appalling taste in movies! :D

Pete 20th February 2009 11:03 AM

The Terminator
Robocop
After the Fall of New York
Inseminoid

vincenzo 20th February 2009 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 22299)
That's the one! I remember that even as an easily entertained youngster I could see that it was a pretty shoddy affair! Still enjoyed it it though - whoever took me to see that (might have been my friend's Dad) could well be responsible for my appalling taste in movies! :D

It was originally a 2½ hr TV mini-serial, cut down to 100 mins (and it showed).

Daemonia 20th February 2009 12:53 PM

Yes, it did look a tad shortened! I seem to recall it didn't make a whole load of sense either. Still, back in the 70's, as a kid, any trip to the cinema was an event! (We didn't have VCR's then either, kiddies - so once a film ran theatrically, that was it, unless it showed up on TV!)

I really want to see this again now... :D

KPWNINJA 26th February 2009 06:54 PM

Trancers!!! :D

pedromonkey 30th December 2009 10:32 PM

Battle Beyond The Stars.Why has this gem of a movie never been released on dvd. i know there is a dvd of it floating around amazon that i think is dutch, but it's never had a release in the u.k or as im aware, the U.S either. I would by this in a heartbeat if it was released. Magnificent Seven in space with Hannibal from the A-Team and John Boy from the Waltons....what's more to love.....

Paul 30th December 2009 10:35 PM

How can you not enjoy a film that has a spaceship with boobies!:jest: