Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Shameless Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Greatest Shameless Release Of 2012 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-collection/10071-greatest-shameless-release-2012-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 21st December 2012 05:59 PM

Hi everyone,

Just a few words from Shameless' HQ about the replies on this thread :)

Quote:

Shameless Screen Entertainment - "We are sorry to read that some fans feel somehow let down by the amount of releases of 2012. To us one BD release (Four Flies), 4DVDs (Four Flies, Cemetery Man, Amsterdamned and House with Laughing Windows) & 2 box sets (Shameless Sexploitation & Pop Erotica Box Set) aren't entirely a non-release year for Shameless which is a relatively small enterprise. Our main consideration has always been the quality of each release, starting with materials sourced for those (like missing footage etc..) and that's what we hope we've achieved with our 2012 releases (For example Four Flies, the “Missing” Argento film finally released – AFTER TWENTY YEARS – with missing scenes AND the never-heard-since-original-theatrical-release proper, pin-dropping-sharp, DTS audio..)

We have more yellow goodies on the way for 2013, however we unfortunately cannot disclose any news yet, as we're still negotiating on these.

Also, looking at recent posts, we’re glad to see fans talking about which yellow boxes they would like to see in their stockings... And, yes, we could not agree more at what an amazing film Frightened Woman is – we never would encourage this practice, but this is one film script that could maybe “suffer” a remake?"

May 2013 be the most Shameless year yet!

ReturnToZero 21st December 2012 06:32 PM

Jan: Death Laid an Egg
Feb: Your Vice is a Locked Room...
Mars: Scalps
April: Death Smiled at Murder
May: Shocking Dark
June: Death Weekend
July: Death Walks on High Heels
August: Death Walks at Midnight
Sept: Massacre at Central High
Oct: Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion
Nov: The House that Screamed
Dec: Rome Armed to the Teeth

Keep this schedule and Shameless will be the label of the year for a decade.

bdc 21st December 2012 07:37 PM

I don't consider the box repacks new releases...nor do I really consider the re-releases of Amsterdamned and House with Laughing Windows new releases.

So that only leaves Four Flies and Cemetery Man. ;)

Gojirosan 21st December 2012 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 304517)
I don't consider the box repacks new releases...nor do I really consider the re-releases of Amsterdamned and House with Laughing Windows new releases.

Bingo.

PaulD 21st December 2012 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 304517)

So that only leaves Four Flies and Cemetery Man. ;)

True bit I guess from Shameless' point of view they released them, paid money for artwork to be done (no Amsterdamned comments ok? :)), discs to be printed etc

And my answer is Four Flies without a doubt.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 21st December 2012 08:15 PM

'We have more yellow goodies on the way for 2013, however we unfortunately cannot disclose any news yet, as we're still negotiating on these.'

Glad to hear it!:)

fuzzymctiger 22nd December 2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 304549)
'We have more yellow goodies on the way for 2013, however we unfortunately cannot disclose any news yet, as we're still negotiating on these.'

Let's just hope they're not going to be in September!!

lfulci 31st December 2012 10:54 AM

it was only Four flies und DD for me. I already had the other two in other editions...

Culture Vulture 18th January 2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 304549)

Me too :)

Daemonia 18th January 2013 04:21 PM

I really do hope there's more Shameless releases this year, as 2012 was pretty for slim for genuinely new releases. But I also understand that the commercial climate isn't too hot at the moment. And with Shameless relying quite heavily on HMV promotion, I'm not sure how they'll view business prospects with HMV going under.