Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2007, 01:50 PM
Blogs Moderator

Default Introductions...

With the first releases coming out very shortly, Shameless starts as it means to go on as a label by fans for fans so this is the place to feedback with your thoughts or ideas about our DVDs. Do you like the sleeve art? What films do you want to see that aren't available? What kind of genres do we need to be seeking out? Are our prints looking good? What extras might you wanrt to see further down the road?

Let us know...
Old 1st October 2007, 04:41 PM
Cult Rookie

Sleeve art is waht I hoped for, the garish yellow helps them to stand out and the lettering is a nice touch, people like spine messages, but what you going to do when you get to the end of the word?
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:19 AM
Blogs Moderator

I'll leave that question to the big men upstairs, maybe almar can answer that one for you!

The sleeves really worked. I work for "A major High Street DVD Retailer" and the DVDs relly pop out of the horror section. Most horror sleeves have fairly generic photoshop heavy sleeves that use lots of blacks and dark browns, so having a luminous yellow box with a bright, early 80s inspired cover meant that the product lept off the shelf, really catching the eye.
Old 2nd October 2007, 09:17 AM
Blogs Moderator

Our version of New york Ripper has the advantage of a better print and the scenes have been restored to the correct orginal order, a first on DVD, so, you lose a few seconds (19 seconds, the BBFC site is wrong!) but gain a lot more. Myself, I have the Anchor Bay US edition already so having both works for me...I'll watch the shameless one for clarity of image and plot and If I want to see the full nipple slicing I can pop the US disc in.

As Vipco have demonstrated, you can release films despite the strictures of the BBFC, which have mellowed recently. Vipco released sliced up prints with ropedy transfers in hideous sleeves and made a lot of sales to boot. Most things we release will be uncut and when thy aren't we will give fair warning here so no one has the wool pulled over their eyes. With something like NYR, it important to get it out there in a form that is pretty much in tact (In comparison to a film with similar queasy content like House on the Edge of the Park that is missing over 10 minutes!!!) because it's historically important as part of underground horrors history. fulci is one of my heroes so getting his most notorious release on UK shelves is a real kick!
Old 13th October 2007, 05:17 PM
Blogs Moderator

We'd love to, but Four Flies is wrapped up in so much red video tape that It's a tricky one...
Old 14th October 2007, 10:03 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam@Shameless View Post
DVD, so, you lose a few seconds (19 seconds, the BBFC site is wrong!)
Only 19s! Wow, that's interesting. I asked the BBFC about the 34s figure and they couldn't explain it, they just said the cuts were the same as before (the Vipco video) which was cut by 22s. I don't know where they got 34s from.
Old 14th October 2007, 11:49 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Yes I found that a bit odd too Angel. I have the Vipco release (video only) and expanding the cuts to 34 secs seemed strange for the BBFC. Especially as they were to the same scene.
Old 14th October 2007, 07:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Sam, since the BBFC are wrong about the 34s, why not put 19s on the DVD as it is the true figure.
Old 20th October 2007, 01:18 PM
Cultist

My first post Hope this is in the right place. Yesterday I got the new "GRINDHOUSE- TRAILER CLASSICS" DVD from Nucleus Pictures, as I'm a fan of B-movies/horror and recently bought the R1 Grindhouse (Tarantino/Rodriquez) DVDs which I loved.
I've only watched a few of the trailers so far but am loving it - "The Thing With Two Heads" trailer is hilarious! I remembered reading about the Shameless DVDs a while ago so looked up the site, now I'm really looking forward to getting the DVDs, in particular Torso and New York Ripper. Can't wait to find out what is being released next. I've got a few questions! First of all will you be releasing "The Thing With Two Heads", as it's yet to be released in the UK? I think it would have a very eye-catching cover!

Also, will there be any extras on the DVDs, and is the collection limited to 20 as I noticed the image on the front page, with the company logo, only stretches to 20.
Thanks! !
Old 20th October 2007, 10:36 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieD View Post
My first post Hope this is in the right place. Yesterday I got the new "GRINDHOUSE- TRAILER CLASSICS" DVD from Nucleus Pictures, as I'm a fan of B-movies/horror and recently bought the R1 Grindhouse (Tarantino/Rodriquez) DVDs which I loved.
I've only watched a few of the trailers so far but am loving it - "The Thing With Two Heads" trailer is hilarious! I remembered reading about the Shameless DVDs a while ago so looked up the site, now I'm really looking forward to getting the DVDs, in particular Torso and New York Ripper. Can't wait to find out what is being released next. I've got a few questions! First of all will you be releasing "The Thing With Two Heads", as it's yet to be released in the UK? I think it would have a very eye-catching cover!

Also, will there be any extras on the DVDs, and is the collection limited to 20 as I noticed the image on the front page, with the company logo, only stretches to 20.
Thanks! !
Thanks for dropping by and yes a lot of the trailers on the Grindhouse disc do make me want to go and source the movies but experience warns me the films rarely turn out as good. I spent a decade tracking down Crazy Legs - trailer was funny as anything but the film - hm.

Anyway I'm not ruling anything out. As for current plans the graphic for the collection is purely to show that we plan plenty of releases and they will form a natural collection. If it goes ok then we'll just keep going. Much the same with extras. we'd love to do 'em but it would slow the releases down to one every couple of months rather than two a month so we figured let's try a low price and decent masters and see how it goes...

Like this? Share it using the links below!