Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2011, 11:31 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Gulp, I feel like I'm gonna get rained on with rotton eggs after my last post... I'll just get my coat...
I've got the stocks ready for you, you peasant!

Old 28th September 2011, 11:34 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I've got the stocks ready for you, you peasant!

Jeez, I better buy something quick... I was gonna buy the Camera Obscura release of Mondo Candido yesterday off Diabolik but it's a little pricey... that's got gorgeous cover art as well and the film sounds wild...
Old 28th September 2011, 11:34 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well it's all the better that the debate is had. I still love packaged films but I would happily have TV shows stored away as files - especially if it could all keep track of what the last episode of something was that I watched! I appear to have a sponge brain when it comes to remembering where I was.
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs View Post
Well it's all the better that the debate is had. I still love packaged films but I would happily have TV shows stored away as files - especially if it could all keep track of what the last episode of something was that I watched! I appear to have a sponge brain when it comes to remembering where I was.
You're not alone. If I'm watching a TV series I forget what disc and episode I was at, sometimes it'll take two or three attempts to locate the right disc.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:08 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
You're not alone. If I'm watching a TV series I forget what disc and episode I was at, sometimes it'll take two or three attempts to locate the right disc.
Sadly I've had to resort to a notebook to note down where I am in various box sets but I have to say it's added about half an hour of viewing time to those evenings when I'm not taking discs in and our of boxes and players trying to figure out where I was. Always a nightmare with 24 especially as watch the beginning of the wrong episode and you're well screwed - giveaway city!
Old 28th September 2011, 12:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Sadly I've had to resort to a notebook to note down where I am in various box sets but I have to say it's added about half an hour of viewing time to those evenings when I'm not taking discs in and our of boxes and players trying to figure out where I was. Always a nightmare with 24 especially as watch the beginning of the wrong episode and you're well screwed - giveaway city!
Good idea in theory. But I'd lose the notebook too! I'd spend as much time looking for it as I would have trying to locate the right disc.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:18 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Good idea in theory. But I'd lose the notebook too! I'd spend as much time looking for it as I would have trying to locate the right disc.
One step ahead of you there because I'd be the same but I religiously slot it back in between the box sets on rotation (dear god I sound really sad now but I don't care - many a happy evening spent doing this!) on the shelf and then it's always there.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:19 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
One step ahead of you there because I'd be the same but I religiously slot it back in between the box sets on rotation (dear god I sound really sad now but I don't care - many a happy evening spent doing this!) on the shelf and then it's always there.
My alphabetised collection suddenly seems a lot less geeky!

Actually, it's a good idea Almar and something that I'm surprised I haven't done myself!
Old 28th September 2011, 12:22 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
My alphabetised collection suddenly seems a lot less geeky!

Actually, it's a good idea Almar and something that I'm surprised I haven't done myself!
It's bought me extra hours of my life glued to the box rather than dealing with the admin to get the correct entertainment on!

Paperchase do a nice dinky spiral notebook that you can clip a dinky pen into (spares the rage of not being able to find the pen) and its slowly turning into a document that I suspect one day will be used against me in a court of law!
Old 28th September 2011, 12:27 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Paperchase do a nice dinky spiral notebook that you can clip a dinky pen into (spares the rage of not being able to find the pen) and its slowly turning into a document that I suspect one day will be used against me in a court of law!
It could be an alibi too.

"I can show you that at 10pm on the date in question I was watching Episode 16 of The Twilight Zone Season 4. See? It's in my notebook!"

But all this madness doesn't exist with downloads. So not only are you missing out on artwork and funky packaging (yello-ray, anyone?) you're also missing out on all the lunacy that comes with boxsets and a potential alibi should you be suspected of a crime!

Daemonia likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!