Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree46Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th September 2011, 12:45 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
But all this madness doesn't exist with downloads. So not only are you missing out on artwork and funky packaging (yello-ray, anyone?) you're also missing out on all the lunacy that comes with boxsets and a potential alibi should you be suspected of a crime!

Indeed. I've also noticed that serial downloaders who I've encountered on forums across the net (not here, I hasten to add) tend to have an attitude that goes against the collector mentality. In fact, they download so much that see absolutely no value in the material they're downloading. It all becomes yet another disposable source of cheap entertainment. As collectors, we value our collections and place a great value on the medium of film. I don't want throw away downloads with questionable quality. I want a quality product, something physical and tangible. Half the pleasure of collecting films is to own the complete package and knowing you have the best quality version available that hasn't been compressed massively to fit on a CD-R. That's just silly.
Sarah@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:32 PM
Ex-Member

I agree fully. No way would I download my Nirvana cds. As with films the artwork is just as important. I find itunes quite boring, searching for tracks. If I buy any, its single songs that I refuse to buy on a album that cost twenty quid. I hate copies - even during the vhs days I hate not just what it does to the smaller labels, but the fact I pay for films (because there not free) and others just rip anything they can get there hands on.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:09 PM
Cultist in Training

I thought i would add my view as a person who collects many movies like Arrow Shameless, Steelbooks,Wrestling,MMA, Martial Arts films i buy ll around the world just so i can get them like enter the ninja i got that from Germany on Blu ray , ninja thunderbolt in the VHS days i got from Australia got the DVD from eBay but getting back on point I down load things to see quality and sometimes i know i wont want to watch them again so i download it and watch it as when it comes to shameless and arrow sometimes i do blind buy but as a cult fan and a fairly new fan of Italian cinema thanks to shameless and Arrow i have no doubt i will love what they bring out.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:14 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
I probably wouldn't, because I think Vamp is shit, so I still haven't picked it up!
well said, VAMP is shit with a damn ugly actress in it
fuzzymctiger likes this.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:51 PM
Ex-member

as regards to steelcase packaging, there are some out there e.g. REPO MAN bd which are crap
i bought this because of the booklet not available in amary case
now the stupid stuck on cardboard back cover w/details of extras etc which comes of easily and is annoying, so i cut of the top bit and its in case
why can't they have inlay cards inside?
why can't all steelcases be like PSYCHO bd and THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL dvdw/extras on back of casing
i bought the region free US EXORCIST bd because again it hs a nice booklet (not in UK bd) in bookstyle like packaging but a stuck on paper on back about extras
these companies should market there steelcases properly. but as long as they sell.....
Old 27th July 2012, 11:43 AM
Cult Acolyte

I'm not a fan of fancy packaging at all, so don't go out of my way to collect steelbooks or anything.I do like nice cover art though.Also, I wouldn't collect all the films in a series (e.g. Shameless, Arrow Video) just for uniformity, I have to like or be interested in the films I buy.I don't want to waste my money on a piece of rubbish just to say I've got all the films that have been issued by a particular company.
Daemonia and Beyond72 like this.
Old 27th July 2012, 12:53 PM
Cult Addict

I can't think of a single bad movie that Shameless has released.
And I wont hear a bad word against Ratman!
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 27th July 2012, 03:13 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I'm not a fan of fancy packaging at all, so don't go out of my way to collect steelbooks or anything.I do like nice cover art though.Also, I wouldn't collect all the films in a series (e.g. Shameless, Arrow Video) just for uniformity, I have to like or be interested in the films I buy.I don't want to waste my money on a piece of rubbish just to say I've got all the films that have been issued by a particular company.
i agree with you really
but sometimes theres a steelcase bd which has more features ot whatever than the amaray case and the film might be one of my faves
i bought the amaray bds of DEMONS 1/2 and not steelcases as they didn't have the comic boklet or reversible artwork which i sometimes don't like from Arrow
overall though i'm not bothered
Old 27th July 2012, 03:20 PM
Cult Rookie

Location: Moraira in Spain, because there are mountains, lizards and sea.

When moving out to Spain I had to get rid of all my CD and DVD packaging (including some lovely box sets). I simply couldn't afford the space it would take up on the removal van. That means the majority of my collection are zipped away in folders.

Initially it was a real tear, I was gutted to leave so much of it behind. But having done it I've ended up focusing on the film more and now when I buy discs I often look at the box and think 'Sod it, it's not worth keeping' and add the disc to a folder somewhere and scrap the packaging

That said I do keep both Arrow and Shameless on display because building up an attractive set is part of the fun so I'm fickle!
Old 27th July 2012, 03:22 PM
Cult Rookie

Location: Moraira in Spain, because there are mountains, lizards and sea.

Oh... a nice booklet though... that's something else again, those I keep!

Like this? Share it using the links below!