Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Shameless Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Do you buy every Shameless release? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-collection/6995-do-you-buy-every-shameless-release.html)

Rassilon 16th October 2011 07:46 AM

Do you buy every Shameless release?

Are you one of those that buys every film Shameless release so that the numbers add up on the side of the boxes. If so how does it feel buying some films twice? I personally don't. There are more films on this label that I like than dislike, but would never buy a film twice and if given the chance again would havenever purchased Flavia the Hertic or Ratman. I will buy the majority of there work, but there will always be a few gaps for films I have no interest in.

SignorWardh 16th October 2011 08:01 AM

I don't buy every release. I certainly don't have a problem with buying a film more than once if it's an improvement in terms of picture quality, language track or extras, but I wouldn't buy a film I don't like just to prevent me from having gaps in the collection.

Baseball Fury 16th October 2011 09:10 AM

To be honest, I've only got a couple of the DVD's, and I probably won't complete them. I think.I'll just end up with all the Fulci and polizia titles, plus all the BD 's as these tend to be quality titles.

napalm-in-the-morning 16th October 2011 10:14 AM

Bit of an OCD admission...yes, I buy them all - repeats included, to keep the numbers up on the shelf! I suspect some titles will go out of print and I figure a complete collection will always be more sought after than one with gaps. Plus they are not that expensive and it does support a small label who have a lot of love for the genre. :nod:

bdc 16th October 2011 11:04 AM

I've bought almost everything.
I'm considering a few that are missing from my collection,not double dipping though (Fulci box etc...).

Demdike@Cult Labs 16th October 2011 11:42 AM

I just buy the films that i don't already own. With Shameless this is quite a few as they tend to release films that don't often have a previous US release.

I don't keep them shelved together, so spine numbers are irrelevant.

Rik 16th October 2011 12:08 PM

For ages I didn't own any Shameless titles as a lot of them didn't interest me, I collected the Arrow ones as they released more titles I like. This all changed when I bought 3 from eBay and when together on my shelf it annoyed me that I didn't have the complete collection, slowly building it up and now have more Shameless than Arrow! I put it down to a bit of OCD and a lack of will power

Sometimes, dead is better

Sam 16th October 2011 09:09 PM

I'm always inclined towards Shameless releases because they're usually top notch in terms of picture quality etc. and I'm a big fan of the presentation and approach of the company. Having said that, I'm not a completist so no, I don't own every title since I own some of them already or they're titles I'm not overly bothered about (eg. Venus in Furs).

Pete 16th October 2011 09:13 PM

I bought them all up until no 24 but then I kind of lost interest because they just seemed to be re-releasing the old stuff - Fulci's 'Box of Terror', the individual BRONX releases.

I sold most of them and only have about 3 or 4 left.

platostotal 16th October 2011 11:11 PM

At the mo I've got 8 Shameless's, that will increase nearer Christmas but stuff like RATMAN don't interest me, out of the releases a good 19-20 will end up with me. but I'm not concerned with the numbers tho, they just look cool altogether in a yellow block.