Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Shameless Collection (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Best Shameless Release of 2011? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-collection/7460-best-shameless-release-2011-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 11:46 AM

Best Shameless Release of 2011?

The end of the year is soon approaching and there's plenty of lists of the greatest films, books, events, etc flooding the web. As such, here's a poll to vote for your favourite releases by Shameless this year (2011).

So, here's the official Cult Labs Shameless Poll 2011 - which release will win?

It's a tough one since it has been such a great year. But which is your fav yellow release and why?

I'll create an Arrow poll in just a sec too.

PaulD 23rd December 2011 11:50 AM

Cannibal Holocaust definitely. A very surprising choice and BBFC decision which made for a brilliant release.

Also loved The Strange Vice...and Almost Human.

ReturnToZero 23rd December 2011 02:15 PM

I would say Cannibal Holocaust on blu-ray as it's the first time this movie gets a HD treatment and premier for Deodato's new cut.

Gojirosan 23rd December 2011 02:24 PM

Either Mrs Wardh for providing an affordable release of this excellent film or Almost Human for introducing me to a magnificent piece of cinema that had previously passed me by.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 03:06 PM

Almost Human.

A great film, unavailable in this country previously, a cool gimmick with the packaging and hopefully the first of many Italian crime films.

Shameless have released some quality products this year, well done guys. :clap:

platostotal 23rd December 2011 04:54 PM

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, however if Shameless had managed to get FOUR FLIES out in 2011... different kettle of fish, or turtle... ahem. Here's hoping as good a year for releases as they had in 2011.:pop2:

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 205487)
Cannibal Holocaust, however if Shameless had managed to get FOUR FLIES out in 2011... different kettle of fish, or turtle... ahem. Here's hoping as good a year for releases as they had in 2011.:pop2:

I nominate Four Flies as the top Shameless release of 2012. No poll needed next December.

Arrow are going to have to pull out all the stops to beat this one.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 205488)
I nominate Four Flies as the top Shameless release of 2012. No poll needed next December.

Arrow are going to have to pull out all the stops to beat this one.

Agreed. :nod:

In fact it's shaping up to be the top release of 2012, for me.

I can't see the announcement of many other titles beating this one (well, aside from a BD of the original Wicker Man...)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd December 2011 08:36 PM

To actually answer the thread question, my favourite Shameless release of 2011 is The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, a sensational giallo, and such a beautiful film too.

Even though I already owned the US NoShame release of this one, I'm glad a company has released it to the UK market.

The Shameless print is fantastic, a noticeable improvement over the US discs.

ReturnToZero 23rd December 2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 205532)
The Shameless print is fantastic, a noticeable improvement over the US discs.

Is it possible you can take a few stills? (maybe in a more fitting thread) I have the Mya disc but would consider to buy the Shameless' one if it looks better.