Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By b.m.fruen

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31st March 2013, 08:59 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Costs of acquiring prints

How much does it cost on average for Shameless to acquire film prints of the movies they release?
I'm asking this because I'm thinking of starting my own company sometime in the near-future and releasing rare euro-horror films and I was wondering how much it might on average cost to buy the rights for these types of films.
vilemark1975 likes this.
Old 31st March 2013, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by b.m.fruen View Post
How much does it cost on average for Shameless to acquire film prints of the movies they release?
I'm asking this because I'm thinking of starting my own company sometime in the near-future and releasing rare euro-horror films and I was wondering how much it might on average cost to buy the rights for these types of films.
Good Question I've always wondered that,
Old 2nd April 2013, 08:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Me too. What I was surprised to learn was that a distribution company may buy the rights to distribute a film, even if there are no suitable materials to use.
Old 2nd April 2013, 09:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I've always wondered how much the complete process would cost from scratch buying the rights, the whole process in between and then getting it out into the shops etc etc,
Old 2nd April 2013, 10:51 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream demon View Post
Me too. What I was surprised to learn was that a distribution company may buy the rights to distribute a film, even if there are no suitable materials to use.
I would have thought that you would first do some enquiries and research on whether suitable materials exist before licensing a title. It's probably not as simple as that, but logic dictates that that would be the sensible thing to do.
Old 2nd April 2013, 12:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I would have thought that you would first do some enquiries and research on whether suitable materials exist before licensing a title. It's probably not as simple as that, but logic dictates that that would be the sensible thing to do.
You clearly had nothing to do with VIPCO Daemonia.
Old 2nd April 2013, 04:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Yep, that's what I always thought, too, but apparently it is not always the case!

Does anyone know how one would go about locating who owns rights to what? I did some research into this last year, but I found it almost impossible to locate any information. I had assumed there would just be some sort of registry, almost like a patents office type affair or some sort of trade organisation/publication.

Like this? Share it using the links below!