Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless FAQ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Will there ever be any Shameless Blu Ray releases? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-faq/2912-will-there-ever-any-shameless-blu-ray-releases.html)

Inspector Tanzi 27th May 2010 10:04 AM

Will there ever be any Shameless Blu Ray releases?

Just curious?

It would be fantastic if there were.

Splatterdragon73 30th May 2010 10:45 AM

I think Almar mentioned a while back in another thread that Shameless BR releases were not an option.

Personally, i would've liked to have seen the BW trilogy tin making an HD appearance but i reckon the worthy DVD editions will have to suffice.:)

thundercrack 30th May 2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 81938)
Just curious?

It would be fantastic if there were.

If they do do some will they be in yellow boxes so as to keep the shameless colour scheme?

Mojo 30th May 2010 07:33 PM

From what I can see, Arrow are the company dealing with possible Blu-rays of classic Eurohorror, while Shameless are digging out the more obscure releases. A great combination :pop2:

Amertume 27th June 2010 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 82767)
I think Almar mentioned a while back in another thread that Shameless BR releases were not an option.

Personally, i would've liked to have seen the BW trilogy tin making an HD appearance

I fully respect Almar's decision, but I TOO would LOVE to see some of these flicks make an HD appearance!

To be completely honest, I'm only buying the Shameless' BW trilogy if it makes its way to BD... :blush: I already own the dvd of New Gladiators!

Playzocker 3rd October 2010 03:11 PM

I'll just give this thread a *push* since I'd really like to hear an official statement on that matter.

Well, I have already purchased almost every Shameless title there is (1 here, 18 on the way, which makes for 5 missing) but for future titles, the HD alternative would indeed be awesome.

Almar@Cult Labs 4th October 2010 11:43 AM

There are no Shameless BDs planned for this year - they're not ruled out for the future though but Shameless have to be very careful - each BD is a big gamble.

thundercrack 4th October 2010 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 106363)
There are no Shameless BDs planned for this year - they're not ruled out for the future though but Shameless have to be very careful - each BD is a big gamble.

If it is not ruled out for the future then are they going to be released in Yellow Cases (Blu-Ray Sized) as The Human Centiped has been released in Green on Blue-Ray.

Almar@Cult Labs 4th October 2010 05:28 PM

You have to spend a lot of money and buy up a massive amount of cases to do a colour change from blue so I don't know - probably not possible. I could be wrong but I get the feeling green now exists so that might have made it viable for HC - but that is guesswork on my part.

thundercrack 4th October 2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Almar@Cult Labs (Post 106451)
You have to spend a lot of money and buy up a massive amount of cases to do a colour change from blue so I don't know - probably not possible. I could be wrong but I get the feeling green now exists so that might have made it viable for HC - but that is guesswork on my part.

I think It wouldn't cost that much as Yasujiro Ozu's The Noriko Trilogy BD (from BFI) are clear/see through.