Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th October 2010, 06:23 PM
Active Cultist

What if in the future shameless started from no.1 again, but instead maybe had red cases.
Old 8th October 2010, 06:35 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
What if in the future shameless started from no.1 again, but instead maybe had red cases.
Then these releases would have to be from another country.
Old 8th October 2010, 06:36 PM
Seasoned Cultist

I wouldn't like that a bit ... still doesn't make that collection complete and yellow = Shameless.

@ Steve: Yeah, the shipping costs are a problem, I see that.

OR, I have another simple but a little stupid idea: How about releasing a new 21? Technically, there hasn't been a 21 in the series (the tin's not 'spinally' numbered and even the amarays are 21.1-3 and not "just" 21) so that collector's can fit both the tin and the single releases at the 25-27 hole. Only thing we than need is ANY movie to carry a 21 on it's spine. Collection complete.

P.S.: I know all my ideas are kinda stupid. The problem is, what's done is done and the only way to resolve this situation now is being a little creative/crazy.
Old 8th October 2010, 06:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

The tin is numbered as SHAM021.
Old 8th October 2010, 06:41 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Nah mate, there are no stupid ideas. Only by suggesting things, can companies like Shameless and Arrow get an Idea of what fans would like etc.
Old 8th October 2010, 07:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thanks ... don't worry, I only post the possible ideas - for instance my first idea to let fairies spraypaint new numbers on existing tins has never been revealed.

@ bizarre_eye: That's the catalogue number, I'm talkin about a spine number.
Old 8th October 2010, 08:12 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

I have to say I think Shameless have dropped the ball slightly on this one. As someone who's Shameless collection is still ongoing I will be getting all of the spine bilder film cause it looks fanstastic. If it was possible to continue on the number spines without having to buy doubles I may well have bought each subsiquent shameless release whatever they put out.

Now though as there will be gaps in the numbering, because Im not buying the excact same Bronx Warriors just to get numbers 25-27, Im not so sure.

I'm sure that Shamless will release films that I want to see; so I will most likely be buying the vast majority of their releases. It's just the spine numbering has been pretty much ruined.
Old 9th October 2010, 11:51 AM
Active Cultist

well, it's a tiny bit of a missed opportunity, but i totally understand shameless' position, and to tell the truth i'm over it. i'll still buy everything shameless release that isn't a reissue, and to hell with the numbered spines. i want this company to keep going, it seems they've barely begun to scratch the surface of what they could potentially bring us, it's very exiting and i dont want it to end. infact, i might buy a fulci boxset anyway, i never thought i'd buy a cut copy of the new york ripper, and now i'll have two! that's the kind of loyalty a company like shameless inspires and deserves. long live shameless!
Old 9th October 2010, 06:17 PM
Twilight Zone Co-ordinator

Yeah I'm kind of over it too. It's an unfortunate situation but if Shameless have said they'll try to avoid it down the line that's fair enough.

Perhaps it'll do me good breaking me out of my OCD collector ways!
Old 9th October 2010, 06:30 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
Perhaps it'll do me good breaking me out of my OCD collector ways!
I think most of us could do with that......I know I could!

Like this? Share it using the links below!