Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2010, 12:52 AM
Ex-member
Good Trader

Maybe reissues with different packaging should have different numbers altogether that are nowhere close to the others. Or have them as the same numbers with an R before or after them or something.
Old 10th October 2010, 12:57 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
How about taking some covers with the 25-27 numbering and offering it to collectors. They write their address to a specified email address and get the new covers shipped to them for free.
While this is a great idea, I think Steve's right. The shipping costs could prove too much for a small company like Shameless and so would make it unworkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
OR, I have another simple but a little stupid idea: How about releasing a new 21? Technically, there hasn't been a 21 in the series (the tin's not 'spinally' numbered and even the amarays are 21.1-3 and not "just" 21) so that collector's can fit both the tin and the single releases at the 25-27 hole. Only thing we than need is ANY movie to carry a 21 on it's spine. Collection complete.
Like Steve said, there are no stupid ideas and this one could have the potential to work. The decision would be ultimately up to Shameless but I know they will definitely have a look at this thread to see what fans want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
well, it's a tiny bit of a missed opportunity, but i totally understand shameless' position, and to tell the truth i'm over it. i'll still buy everything shameless release that isn't a reissue, and to hell with the numbered spines. i want this company to keep going, it seems they've barely begun to scratch the surface of what they could potentially bring us, it's very exiting and i dont want it to end. infact, i might buy a fulci boxset anyway, i never thought i'd buy a cut copy of the new york ripper, and now i'll have two! that's the kind of loyalty a company like shameless inspires and deserves. long live shameless!
Thank you very muchly, Rhodes - this is much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGGPodcast View Post
Perhaps it'll do me good breaking me out of my OCD collector ways!
I think I could do with that too. I found myself berating my brother the other night when he put the Euro sexploitation trilogy back in the wrong order. Took a great deal of self-control but I left them out of order for a whole 24 hours before I caved!
Old 16th October 2010, 12:17 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I've been thinking about a solution to this numbering problem and the only result is a headache!
Old 16th October 2010, 01:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I guess I'm lucky,my Shameless dvd's are all over the place.
I wouldn't even have noticed the numbering...
Old 18th October 2010, 08:48 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi all,

Shameless have sought advice from the barcode people and their distributors and are now able to offer a solution for the catalogue numbering of all future Shameless releases and would very much like to hear your feedback. In this solution they have taken into account DVDs, boxsets and potential Blu-rays - a prospect that they are still researching into. The numbering would be as follows:

DVD = SHAM001-199
BD= SHAM200-299
BOX = SHAM300-399

This numbering would not be able to alter releases SHAM001-028 which would continue to be designated as DVDs and it would mean that some of you will continue to have gaps in your collection, but it also means that future boxsets and (possibly) Blu-rays would have no further effect on the numbering.

How does this sound? Shameless will be checking this thread so let's hear your feedback.
Old 18th October 2010, 09:13 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That sounds like a reasonable solution and the prospect of Blu-ray releases just sweetens the deal!
Old 18th October 2010, 10:37 AM
Active Cultist

Please do not release blu rays, there is no point. The quality will not be good enough, plus they will be too expensive.
Old 18th October 2010, 10:44 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanmetal View Post
Please do not release blu rays, there is no point. The quality will not be good enough, plus they will be too expensive.

Why wouldn't the quality be good enough?

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 18th October 2010, 10:54 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That's all I thought about City of the Living Dead, but look how wrong I was with that!
Old 18th October 2010, 10:57 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I would say there is every point if Shameless wants to stay competitive. Plus, if they do decide to release Blu-rays, they will use the same care as Arrow - if the quality of the print is not good enough for BD, then no BD release.

Could I just remind everyone that Shameless want feedback for their proposed numbering method in this thread. I'm nipping this in the bud early. While the prospect of Shameless BDs is exciting (or not, perhaps), I don't want it overshadowing the point of this thread. Sorry to be a killjoy.

Like this? Share it using the links below!