Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th October 2010, 11:06 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I would say there is every point if Shameless wants to stay competitive. Plus, if they do decide to release Blu-rays, they will use the same care as Arrow - if the quality of the print is not good enough for BD, then no BD release.

Could I just remind everyone that Shameless want feedback for their proposed numbering method in this thread. I'm nipping this in the bud early. While the prospect of Shameless BDs is exciting (or not, perhaps), I don't want it overshadowing the point of this thread. Sorry to be a killjoy.

Sarah's got a point,there's another thread about possible bd's already here

Quote:
Hi all,

Shameless have sought advice from the barcode people and their distributors and are now able to offer a solution for the catalogue numbering of all future Shameless releases and would very much like to hear your feedback. In this solution they have taken into account DVDs, boxsets and potential Blu-rays - a prospect that they are still researching into. The numbering would be as follows:

DVD = SHAM001-199
BD= SHAM200-299
BOX = SHAM300-399

This numbering would not be able to alter releases SHAM001-028 which would continue to be designated as DVDs and it would mean that some of you will continue to have gaps in your collection, but it also means that future boxsets and (possibly) Blu-rays would have no further effect on the numbering.

How does this sound? Shameless will be checking this thread so let's hear your feedback.
Old 18th October 2010, 11:13 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Sarah's got a point,there's another thread about possible bd's already here

Thanks, bdc!
Old 18th October 2010, 11:53 AM
Cultist

The separate numbering for DVD, Bluray and Boxsets sounds like a sensible idea to me. Good to see that Shameless have come up with a decent solution to this matter, although I wasn't personally too annoyed by the numbering of the new releases as my collection is still far from complete.
Old 18th October 2010, 12:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I guess I'm lucky,my Shameless dvd's are all over the place.
I wouldn't even have noticed the numbering...
Haha! Me too. I lump films together by director and there are a few Shameless disks I just don't want*, so the ones I have are spread about.

*Or didn't like - I hated "Satan's Baby Doll" so traded it recently.
Old 19th October 2010, 03:19 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Awesome idea ... and I don't think that there'll ever be more than 200 DVDs so you should be on the safe side.

Only thing yet to be figured out is how the hole at 21 will be filled. I already suggested that collector's should just put their tin into the 25-27 slot where the single releases would go as well which means that you just need a new 21 to keep the collection complete.
Old 21st October 2010, 08:49 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playzocker View Post
Only thing yet to be figured out is how the hole at 21 will be filled. I already suggested that collector's should just put their tin into the 25-27 slot where the single releases would go as well which means that you just need a new 21 to keep the collection complete.
The main issue with this suggestion is that there are a lot of people who have said they are quite happy to purchase the Bronx films again in order to keep their tin in mint condition (i.e. they will use the individual releases for viewing). In fact, it is because of these people that Shameless have released these films individually since there was such a high demand. So many people won't have this hole at 21 or at 25-27.

If this route was taken it would open floodgates e.g. Shameless having to release a new 1, 6 and 8 for people who have bought Fulci's Box of Terror but not the individual releases, or a new 28 for those who have done it the other way around. It is individual choice to buy or not buy a particular film and, with any other company, I don't think people would say, "I don't want to buy Film X so I think you should release an alternative X rather than a new Film Y." While Shameless (and I!) certainly appreciate that not everyone wants to double-dip on certain titles, there was a demand for the Bronx films to be released individually and so they have been released for the people who wanted them to buy them, not for people who don't want them to feel coerced into buying them.

The spine builder itself finished at number 20 (Footprints) and I personally would prefer Shameless to concentrate on producing excellent releases, rather than potentially releasing half-hearted efforts done solely to fill holes on people's shelves.

Last edited by Sarah@Cult Labs; 21st October 2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 21st October 2010, 09:15 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
The main issue with this suggestion is that there are a lot of people who have said they are quite happy to purchase the Bronx films again in order to keep their tin in mint condition (i.e. they will use the individual releases for viewing). In fact, it is because of these people that Shameless have released these films individually since there was such a high demand. So many people won't have this hole at 21 or at 25-27.
Well, if they double dip, they have the Amarays at 25-27 and the Ton standing nearby ... so that also won't fill the 21 hole.

I'm not talking about half-assed efforts here. I'm just talking about that the next new release should carry a 21 on it's spine and that this would be the easiest solution to fill both holes at once (Tin OR Keep Cases can go in the 25-27 hole) and new release in the 21 hole - and then you just go on spine-numbering at 28 and the problem is solved for basically everyone.
Old 21st October 2010, 06:45 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I think we're just going to have to resign ourselves to the fact that with regards to the Bronx dvds, people are either going to have 21 or 25,26 and 27 missing (unless you have all those).
Old 1st November 2010, 01:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
I understand what you mean and the only to please everyone would be to do that and also make covers 21.1-21.3 available to those that didn't manage to get a tin. In an ideal world that's what would happen, but Shameless are a small company and they really can't afford to be printing extra covers and giving them away.
Probably jumping in a little late into this discussion, but I think the idea of printing extra covers still has merit. Why not print up some new double-sided covers for the first few Shameless DVDs that only had single-sided covers, package them up with the new versions of the Bronx Warriors covers with numbers 25-27 on the spine and perhaps a copy of the Fulci boxset booklet and sell the whole lot through these forums using PayPal for say a tenner, or whatever the cost to Shameless is. Fans are happy, Shameless isn't out of pocket, everyone wins.

Like this? Share it using the links below!