Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th May 2008, 03:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENEBRAE View Post
Original Italian Audio with English Subtitles or English Audio with English subtitles.If shameless will go on in this market, they must add subtitles to their releases.This is my idea of course.Also i am not Kamaran or whatever it is.
English audio with English subs , Why. ?

I agree with what everyone else has said.
Shameless are giving us what we want in as good a print as possible with I imagine, little profit for their effort and at little cost to us.
I don't want extras i'll watch once if it threatens the company's future output , I want Shameless to continue , and demanding this that and the other from a company who really seem to give a dam about us I think is disgraceful .
These guy's I recon are tied to a budget and IMHO give us a better all round product than the majors do when it comes to these type of films .
Well done Almar, and thankyou.
Old 30th May 2008, 03:16 PM
Ex-member

I'm too old and cranky for extras on DVDs these days, as most DVDs are flooded with sub-par filler. I'd rather have the movie the best it can be rather than have documentary's about what lighting techniques a DOP used and what socks he was wearing whilst doing it.

That being said, there's small companies that put some brilliant DVD - Synapse's 2 disk of Street Trash is my personal favourite.
Old 30th May 2008, 04:30 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Any disc of Street Trash would please you Noss...lol

Totally agree with you on the extras.
Old 30th May 2008, 04:37 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Any disc of Street Trash would please you Noss...lol
Hell yeah, I bought Slime City because I was told it was "just like Street Trash"... It wasn't.
Old 30th May 2008, 07:38 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TENEBRAE View Post
Shameless must release the titşes with english subtitles.For example New York Ripper is censoured and it has no subtitles.Who wants to buy a censoured DVD without subtitles option and put it into his/her collection?
LOOK OUT FOR CAPITAL LETTER USER NAMES!!!
I THINK HIS CAPS LOCK BUTTON MUST BE STUCK DOWN!!
Old 30th May 2008, 07:43 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

It's banging the keyboard with his fist that causes that..........SHAMELESS MUST COME AND CUT MY GRASS...........
Old 30th May 2008, 07:46 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

AND MOWER MUST HAVE LITTLE SCREEN WITH ABILITY TO DOWNLOAD AND WATCH UNCUT SHAMELESS AS PROMISED BY EVIL ALMAR
Old 30th May 2008, 07:48 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Almar You Promised Me A Qualcast But All You Have Given Us Is A Flymo I Will Destroy Your Name In All B+q's Watch Me If I Do Or Don't Or Maybe Will...
Old 31st May 2008, 02:40 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Send a message via MSN to siccoyote

The point has been made in the past that people for whom English is not their first language find it easier to understand a film if they can read what is being said as well as hearing it. So putting English subtitles on DVDs even if the spoken language is English would make the release have wider appeal in the European market.
Old 1st June 2008, 11:14 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
The point has been made in the past that people for whom English is not their first language find it easier to understand a film if they can read what is being said as well as hearing it. So putting English subtitles on DVDs even if the spoken language is English would make the release have wider appeal in the European market.
That's a very good point and one I'm sure the Shameless guys might take on board.

I personally hate voice dubbing as I find it very distracting and off putting however I would rather have the film than not so if the only way we can have it is with voice dubbing then this man will put up with it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!