Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th June 2008, 01:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I think the Dutch release was the same, I had it, but seem to remember that the Bey Logan commentary was missing.
Old 6th June 2008, 06:22 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Yeah the dutch Ichi The Killer was basically the same as the Premier Asia disc without the Bey Logan commentary.Talking of bad dubs,Has anyone had the pleasure of seeing the english dubbed version of the Jet Li movie Black Mask? Another one of those that used different english accents.It completely ruined the movie.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:04 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by siccoyote View Post
The point has been made in the past that people for whom English is not their first language find it easier to understand a film if they can read what is being said as well as hearing it. So putting English subtitles on DVDs even if the spoken language is English would make the release have wider appeal in the European market.
This is very true for me. My first language is Swedish. When I see a movie with English audio without subtitles I can understand most of it, but often miss out some details, have to rewind and listen to it again etc. When I see a movie with English audio AND English subtitles it is sooooo much easier for me to follow. And maybe most important, the change of me buying the release INCREASES RADICALLY if English subtitles are included. And I am talking about "normal" subtitles, not Hard Of Hearing subtitles.

And of course, if the audio is Italian, Spanish etc I DEFINITELY needs English subtitles

This was my opinion.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Probably been mentioned but the english dub of Let The Right One In really grinds my gears, makes it seem like My Girl 3
nekromantik likes this.
Old 12th September 2011, 03:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

I never watch dubs if the original language is present.
only exception to that is, euro horror from argento and the like where there was no on set speech

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 12th September 2011, 05:07 PM
Cultist

I am Swedish and i speak both Swedish and English fluently, nowadays i dont watch English language with English subtitles but i did before when i wasn't fluent in English, so it sure helped me alot to learn the language. I have no complainments on Shameless AT ALL, i love that company and everything they release, including the cut dvds because i know that Shameless would release them uncut if it wasnt for some stupid laws that they have to follow, thats very different from some greedy mainstream American companies who cut their dvds themselves just to get a lower age rating(just cause it will increase the sales), thats something Shameless never would do.
And for Italian vs. English, i prefer Italian if its an option, otherwise i have no problem with the English dubs at all, because the Italian versions are also dubbed.
Old 12th September 2011, 09:23 PM
Cult Rookie

Yes, I also mostly prefer the Italian over the English dub.
But when there's only English audio avaliable, it would be great to still have subtitles as on option.

Other than that, no complains. Really like Shameless realeses
Old 13th September 2011, 12:49 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laban View Post
This is very true for me. My first language is Swedish. When I see a movie with English audio without subtitles I can understand most of it, but often miss out some details, have to rewind and listen to it again etc. When I see a movie with English audio AND English subtitles it is sooooo much easier for me to follow. And maybe most important, the change of me buying the release INCREASES RADICALLY if English subtitles are included. And I am talking about "normal" subtitles, not Hard Of Hearing subtitles.

And of course, if the audio is Italian, Spanish etc I DEFINITELY needs English subtitles

This was my opinion.
I would recommend to watch with earphones if the dvds doesnt have English subtitles on the English track, in that way you hear everything so much clearer.

Like this? Share it using the links below!