Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:00 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'd rather go out of my way to find an uncut version of a film rather than buying a BBFC censored version, even if it does mean not buying an Arrow or Shameless release because it's been cut.The only film I can think of that I have in my collection which suffers from BBFC inflicted cuts (2 seconds for animal cruelty) is Cannibal Apocalypse, and I only bought that because the uncut Image R1 disc was going for silly money at the time.Luckily, it has better picture quality than the R1 and includes all the same extras.
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I have Venus in Furs from Shameless which is cut, and as i mentioned on other threads Cannibal Apocalypse and the Death Wish sequels. Won't be replacing any of the sequels as they aren't worht the extra expense.
Old 23rd September 2011, 04:48 PM
Ex-Member

I heard the worst cuts ever were in 'Debbie Does Dallas.' Every scene was cut and only showed reaction shots. I say this because Cannibal Ferox was just as bad. Pointless.
Old 23rd September 2011, 07:27 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
I heard the worst cuts ever were in 'Debbie Does Dallas.' Every scene was cut and only showed reaction shots. I say this because Cannibal Ferox was just as bad. Pointless.
Almost every XXX 90min film ended up 40-45mins in the UK in the 90s, so I hear anyway, ahem.
Old 23rd September 2011, 09:43 PM
Ex-Member

I think the deal is with Shameless, we have a company that tries to do the best it can in regards to censorship, offer extras, and have a 'gotta catch em all' theme with there funky yellow boxes and numbers.
Old 24th September 2011, 08:39 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Almost every XXX 90min film ended up 40-45mins in the UK in the 90s, so I hear anyway, ahem.
TThe Screen Entertainment releases of Debbie Does Dallas was an abomination, just showed reactions and close ups of faces or just above where the action was going on........Debbie 2 was even worse, they pixalated everything........the prints also suffered from being direct vhs rips. There release of I Spit On Your Grave was pointless too.
Old 25th September 2011, 07:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

As an avid collector of horror and somebody who got into the genre during the worst censorship period in the late 80's, I have a keen interest in cut versions of notorious genre films and be it only as a curious companion piece for comparisons.
I own various of my favourite films in differently edited cuts- be it BBFC imposed trims or the hacksaw-variety of cuts usually inflicted on German releases of controverisal films, my latest addition to the latter category being the "cut-by-13-mins" German release of "A Serbian Film" which still features snippets which had to go for the UK DVD/BD.

Speaking of "ASF", I gladly rather bought the edited UK DVD with subs which suit my needs than not watching it at all in legitimate form, so in that sense a cut film is sometimes more than worth shelling out for- at least for me.
Old 25th September 2011, 10:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Occasionaly the odd film might be edited but time to time nothing realy taken out apart from boring drawn out scenes just being trimmed down...but if a film that total censored here and i cant afford or get hold of a uncut version then if some one on here selling a film thats in my price range or cheap and only in a briefly cut version says ten 10 seconds and longer than the uk release then im more than happy to buy that version......
Old 25th September 2011, 01:37 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Hmm, an interesting topic this one. For me, personally, I would buy a cut edition if it offered drastically better picture quality and/or extras, in which case I would quite happily double dip for both the cut and uncut editions. For example, I have the excellent uncut AWE release of New York Ripper, but will definitely be picking up the Shameless Blu-ray so that I can have the film in HD - and a lovely yellow case, too.

The irony is, that any film that is still cut by the BBFC, you can just go straight to amazon.co.uk and buy the uncut version anyway, effectively rendering the BBFC completely impotent. IMHO, it is high time that the BBFC did exactly what it says on it's tin - British Board Of Film Classification. Let's not forget that it has not been known as the British Board Of Film Censors since 1984! Although it's ironic that this change in name just happened to coincide with what must be the biggest incidence of film censorship in Britain in recent memory i.e. the 'Video Nasties' debacle.
Old 25th September 2011, 02:58 PM
Ex-member

Default Cut films - Are they worth it.

Of course there are many films which aren't available anywhere uncut
JASON X and TOOLBOX MURDERS remake spring to mind, and I haven't seen these on dvd-r
Never buy cut films, to me becoming very much a horror fan in the 80's when videos were cut/banned, I always now buy uncut dvd/blu ray

Like this? Share it using the links below!