Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2011, 02:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Problem with my Footprints disc

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this so apologies if it's in the wrong place. I got my Footprints disc arrive from Amazon last week and popped it in to check it was ok. The playback seems very jittery and jumpy throughout the film. I figured it was a duff disc so sent off for a replacement. Had that one arrive this morning and the problem is still there.

I've tried it in 3 different players with no change. It looks like it's meant to be like that but I'd love if someone could confirm that the print is jumpy like this or have Amazon got a duff batch of discs? It's kind of distracting to try and watch the film with it doing this so I'm hoping I can sort something out as I don't want to keep forking out return postage costs to Amazon.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

EDIT :- I've also noticed my Flavia disc does the same :/
Old 12th January 2011, 02:11 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hi zombie pony. I moved this to the Shameless FAQ thread since it seems like that might be a better place although I might see about changing the name to Shameless Help & FAQ!

It's been a while since I watched Footprints so I've just popped my copy into the DVD player on my laptop and I have to admit that there is a certain jitteriness to the picture - the kind that you might associate with watching an old film.

Is this the "jittery and jumpy" picture you mean or does it seem like more of a technical problem?
Old 12th January 2011, 03:01 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Hi zombie pony. I moved this to the Shameless FAQ thread since it seems like that might be a better place although I might see about changing the name to Shameless Help & FAQ!

It's been a while since I watched Footprints so I've just popped my copy into the DVD player on my laptop and I have to admit that there is a certain jitteriness to the picture - the kind that you might associate with watching an old film.

Is this the "jittery and jumpy" picture you mean or does it seem like more of a technical problem?
Thanks for the reply Sarah. It's difficult to explain but it's like there is a slight jump to the picture like you'd associate with print damage. The kind of thing that would be prevelant on an old VHS for example. It's mainly noticable to me as I've not come across it on a DVD before. I've got 8 of the Shameless discs so far and only Footprints and Flavia have this issue. With Flavia, the jump seems to be at the top part of the letterbox.

If it's just part and parcel of the print, that puts my mind at rest but I just wanted to ask here first. I'm loving my Shameless stuff so just wanted to make sure.
Old 14th January 2011, 09:25 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie pony View Post
If it's just part and parcel of the print, that puts my mind at rest but I just wanted to ask here first. I'm loving my Shameless stuff so just wanted to make sure.
I'm pretty sure this is the case. I think the materials for Footprints and Flavia were in a pretty bad state. Shameless restored them to the best possible standard but there were still a few wobbles in the prints which is what you're seeing.

Either that or your DVD player doesn't like Florinda Bolkan!
Old 14th January 2011, 08:21 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Either that or your DVD player doesn't like Florinda Bolkan!
Haha, if that's the case, it's going out the bloody window. Thanks again for the feedback Sarah.

Like this? Share it using the links below!