Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless FAQ (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   How have Shameless been affected by the London riots? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-faq/6448-how-have-shameless-been-affected-london-riots.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th August 2011 02:41 PM

How have Shameless been affected by the London riots?

As you will all be aware, the riots in London led to the looting and burning of Sony’s distribution centre in Enfield last night. Thankfully, no staff were hurt in the attack. However, as a result, Shameless have lost all stock stored there, meaning that stock currently with retailers is the only stock available.

Shameless are in emergency communication with their suppliers and distributors and are determining which titles need to be replicated as a priority, but it is with regret that they must advise that all pre-launch stock of Don’t Torture a Duckling has been destroyed. This has been re-ordered as a priority but there is a chance the release date may need to move back from 29 August as there will be disruptions throughout the industry.

Shameless would like to thank all their fans for their understanding and patience. They will have more information on this and their other titles over the coming days and weeks so keep checking back for more information.

Arrow have also been affected by this arson attack. For more information, see this thread.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th August 2011 03:20 PM

I'm really sorry to hear that as it must be a huge blow to a small company like Shameless, although I'm very glad no one was hurt.

Bringer Of Funerals 9th August 2011 04:11 PM

Nos I thought you worked for them

platostotal 9th August 2011 04:24 PM

Had a bad feeling that we would hear something like this, I consider myself almost a Shameless fanboy so even angrier than normal over this. I'm sure you guys will bounce back asap, there should be no problems from us on this forum for launch delays etc. Just do what you can and we'll will wait, no problem. Best wishes and keep up the good work.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 9th August 2011 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals (Post 172852)
Nos I thought you worked for them

No, I'm employed on a freelance basis by Cult Laboratories Ltd.

JAMIOUSE 9th August 2011 06:11 PM

I'm glad no one was hurt in fire and it was only stock, saying that though it'll be a huge blow to the smaller independants like Shameless and Arrow. I think all things considered with the riots, looting and arson attacks the price of having to wait a few extra weeks for titles is a small one. Stock can be replaced, lives can't.

bdc 9th August 2011 06:34 PM

A terrible thing this looting and burning,a lot of dvd companies are affected... :(

sawyer6 9th August 2011 09:14 PM

So we need to support them more!

Gigantor 10th August 2011 07:00 AM

Yowza! What terrible news!Sorry to hear this.

gag 10th August 2011 08:42 AM

Sorry to hear bad news about Shameless and Arrow or any other company thats been affected by the rioting...Rioting only good in films and should stay that way......Just glad that no one been badly hurt amongst the people who work for these companies...Hope they all bounce back from this terrible situation..