Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless FAQ
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Only issue with Shameless is that most I never seen so blind buys are out of the question.
Until I get a job where £6 - £9 loss wont bother me!

just ordered torso however!

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th September 2011, 04:30 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
Usually, yes!
With that knowledge you know that he will construct the most complete version that you can possibly get. You can't ask for any more than that.
Old 7th September 2011, 01:13 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
It usually means they have special features such as a fact track, booklet, documentary/featurette, interviews etc. They differ from other Shameless titles in that they don't usually have features beyond the trailers.
For yours truly DTAD is the weakest Shameless FE so far. Now don't get me wrong, i'm perfectly happy to own this release and said DVD wins over the ABUS variant. I just think there was scope for more fan-friendly features that's all.

I'm well aware that fan input is evident on the Shameless Duckling in the form of the customary sterling efforts of the illustrious Stephen Thrower and Marc Morris. But beyond this there's nothing else to distinguish this edition from other standard Shameless titles imo.
Old 7th September 2011, 02:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
Gotta agree with Prince there.

Shameless put out far more collectable titles than Arrow.
I'm the same, I have more Arrow than Shameless, and I only got my first ones this week. For me I prefer the Arrow discs purely because of the package you get for your money, yes Shameless release the more obscure titles, but I want more than just a trailer if I'm going to spend around a tenner for a DVD, which is why I bought mine cheap from eBay

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th September 2011, 02:56 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

to be honest most of the sellers selling Shameless titles on ebay charge more then HMV or Amazon. Only if your lucky and you win a auction type sell then you can grab a bargin.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th September 2011, 03:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That's exactly what I did, paid £3.20 for The Black Cat and £9 for NYR, Manhattan Baby & Bronx Warriors fan edition, the only one I've paid retail for is the Cannibal Holocaust DVD and BD

Violence is Italian Art
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th September 2011, 04:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
For yours truly DTAD is the weakest Shameless FE so far. Now don't get me wrong, i'm perfectly happy to own this release and said DVD wins over the ABUS variant. I just think there was scope for more fan-friendly features that's all.

I'm well aware that fan input is evident on the Shameless Duckling in the form of the customary sterling efforts of the illustrious Stephen Thrower and Marc Morris. But beyond this there's nothing else to distinguish this edition from other standard Shameless titles imo.
I was thinking just that as, for a Shameless Fan Edition, the disc only has the theatrical trailer and the Shameless Trailer Park and the only extra feature of note is the booklet. As there is no commentary, fact track, featurette and/or interview, it does seem a bit light on the ground in terms of bonus material.
Old 7th September 2011, 05:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Arrow or Shameless? I get what you guys say, but if it's NYR for £6 or VAMP for £18.99, choice is clear. Extras are nice but even better if they didn't carry such a premium. Hope Shameless haven't gone over the top with the new £18 price point(Also agree that DTAD is a bit light for that price) as I understand it Arrow single discs will be £11.99-12.99 i.e. PIECES, and Shameless at £18. Think Arrow will take market share from Shameless if that's the case. FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET is a dead cert for me even at £18, but would like to see em cheaper. In the end I prefer Shameless over Arrow as their more Italian oriented, and being a cheapskate like the idea of picking up a £6 bargain.
Old 8th September 2011, 05:57 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Hope Shameless haven't gone over the top with the new £18 price point (Also agree that DTAD is a bit light for that price).
My Shameless Duckling was only a tenner from HMV online and said price is fine by me but i certainly wouldn't have paid £18 for this title seeing as it could've been better imo. If DTAD was further blessed with extras i may well have been prepared to spend more money on this release. Overall i'm satisfied with what i got for the cost.
Old 17th September 2011, 04:35 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
the only one I've paid retail for is the Cannibal Holocaust DVD and BD
Why did you buy CH on DVD and BD, Rik?

"The monster was the best friend I ever had" - Boris Karloff.

Like this? Share it using the links below!