Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless News and Events

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th January 2008, 02:15 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Default Shameless reviews at DVD Outsider

New York Ripper
Phantom Of Death
Killer Nun
Torso
Venus In Furs
The Black Cat
Flavia The Heretic
Manhattan Baby
Night Train Murders
The Frightened Woman
My Dear Killer
Ratman
What Have They Done To Your Daughters
Who Saw Her Die
Strip Nude For Your Killer
The Designated Victim
Oasis Of Fear
Watch Me When I Kill
Baba Yaga
Footprints

Last edited by vincenzo; 5th September 2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:23 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Reading the DVD outsider review, I noticed this too upon another viewing of the Black Cat tonight

According to the BBFC the film has been passed uncut for this DVD release, but it seems likely that there is a version in existence somewhere with slightly more footage in the scene in which the two bodies are discovered at the boathouse. The evidence is in the editing, whose otherwise seamless flow momentarily falters here – the horrified scream of the mother is cut uncomfortably in half and the next scene jumped to as if the projectionist had laced up the reels incorrectly. The odd thing is that what we can assume is the missing shot, in which a body is shown in an unpleasantly decomposed state, is in the included trailer in its entirety.

Whats the score Almar? Did you know about this? Did the BBFC get a sneaky cut in and not tell you?
Old 29th January 2008, 10:34 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The BBFC wouldn't have cut it anyway. The distributors of the film normally use an editing team for that.

It could have been edited during post-production. Every print of the film may well feature the same version.
Old 29th January 2008, 10:43 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's a classic case of what's the right thing to do? We noticed the footage was longer and there was the option to edit it into the film but of course stuff gets cut from films by directors etc. There's plenty of stuff in the Tango & Cash trailer I wish was in the film!

We're going through this nightmare with Frightened Woman.
Old 30th January 2008, 10:20 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Oh man, I'm still waiting for a Tango & Cash: SE with those deleted scenes! HURRY UP, WARNER!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 30th January 2008, 10:27 AM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

It's insane - the DVD is a 1998 release (could be '99 - I don't have it on my desk!) and non-anamorphic (and let's face it Warner's have a touch more money than we do). It need deleted stuff and then a decent doc exploring the director replacement and then... a Sly and Kurt commentary!
Old 30th January 2008, 06:09 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yeah, the R1 release in the old-school Warner flip case-thing! Ha... The good old days.

Aw man, a commentary from those two would be beyond fantastic!

Welcome to The Deuce
Old 4th November 2008, 09:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The BBFC wouldn't have cut it anyway. The distributors of the film normally use an editing team for that.

It could have been edited during post-production. Every print of the film may well feature the same version.
Surely somebody has the Blue Underground version for comparrison ?.
Old 11th December 2008, 09:32 PM
Cult Rookie

Every version of this film I've ever seen on VHS and DVD has had that jump in the boathouse scene - I didn't realise that there is more footage in the trailer - I assumed it was never fully completed or something (I think the film was a bit of a rush-job - Fulci said he directed it as a favour to the producer. I reckon it's great though)
Old 15th December 2008, 07:59 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Ditto finishominis. That threw me as well upon first viewing as I thought it was cut! Almar put me in my place! Oh how I have matured since then!

Like this? Share it using the links below!