Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless News and Events

Like Tree13Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 26th May 2011, 10:08 AM
Sarah@Cult Labs's Avatar
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 2,302
Blog Entries: 2
Default

I'm not 100% sure what Shameless are doing with regards to filming the debate but I'll certainly try to find out.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 26th May 2011, 10:18 AM
necroluciferia's Avatar
Cultist
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Huddersfield/London
Posts: 199
Blog Entries: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
I'll probably do an audio recording of the whole thing anyway, just for myself.
I plan to take my dictaphone and do the same, assuming recording devices are allowed.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 26th May 2011, 09:15 PM
trench's Avatar
Certified Maniac
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 612
Blog Entries: 2
Default

So can we expect some reviews of Deodato's new edit from some of you fine 'Labbers who went to the screening? When? Now? Well, soon as, please!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 28th May 2011, 10:15 PM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Default

The debate was filmed (I know as I was sat right next to the camera and the lady with the microphone) but I'm not sure they would release it.

It wasn't really a debate and Craig Lapper (BBFC) just looked at the floor most of the time. Martin Barker gave a 30 min presentation based on his findings about opinions towards House On The Edge Of the Park (during which Deodato left the stage and went for a wander, even trying to deal with his - ringing-phone) and then Barker posed 5 questions to lapper. His skirted round pretty much all of them. It then went to a Q+A with the audience asking Lapper and Deodato questions. Lapper dodged pretty much all the questions with a "blame the legislation" answer. Deodato gave very long winded answers via Giovanni Lombardo Radice and it kind of over-ran. There was no big debate as I thought that might have happened.

Worth seeing only for Barkers presentation really.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 28th May 2011, 10:41 PM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Default

Oh, as for the whole event, incredible. Deodato was on great form, signing so many things for fans. When I asked him to sign the relevant page of my "Art Of The Nasty" book, he did so, only then to deface all the images of Cannibal Ferox while ranting about Lenzi and drawing arrows with the word "shit" on them!
bedorca, Daemonia, Pete and 3 others like this.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 29th May 2011, 12:25 AM
Daemonia's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,451
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
Oh, as for the whole event, incredible. Deodato was on great form, signing so many things for fans. When I asked him to sign the relevant page of my "Art Of The Nasty" book, he did so, only then to deface all the images of Cannibal Ferox while ranting about Lenzi and drawing arrows with the word "shit" on them!
Interesting. I always wondered what Deodato thought of his imitators and their cheap imitations. Now we know!
__________________
Sent from my Hoover using the power of Uri Gellar
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 29th May 2011, 02:59 AM
Cult Rookie
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 23
Default

He really wan't a fan of Lenzi's work! He ranted in Italian and crossed over every image of Cannibal Ferox. Julian Petley was stood next to me and said "That's about as good as you can get for a collectors item!" while Deodato waved his arms in the air shouting "SHIT! SHIT! LENZI, SHIT"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 29th May 2011, 10:00 AM
trouserpress's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Eastbourne
Posts: 792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
The debate was filmed (I know as I was sat right next to the camera and the lady with the microphone) but I'm not sure they would release it.

It wasn't really a debate and Craig Lapper (BBFC) just looked at the floor most of the time. Martin Barker gave a 30 min presentation based on his findings about opinions towards House On The Edge Of the Park (during which Deodato left the stage and went for a wander, even trying to deal with his - ringing-phone) and then Barker posed 5 questions to lapper. His skirted round pretty much all of them. It then went to a Q+A with the audience asking Lapper and Deodato questions. Lapper dodged pretty much all the questions with a "blame the legislation" answer. Deodato gave very long winded answers via Giovanni Lombardo Radice and it kind of over-ran. There was no big debate as I thought that might have happened.

Worth seeing only for Barkers presentation really.

This is indicative of Cine Excess in general. Great ideas, poorly executed. They are a well-meaning bunch, but the event is very badly advertised. I counted 40 people in the audience at the most during the panels, which is pretty poor for what should be a very popular event. The idea of having stuff at the Italian Cultural Institute was another good idea, but quite badly managed. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure if I'll go again next year. I guess it depends on who is the guest of honour!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 29th May 2011, 10:00 AM
trouserpress's Avatar
Seasoned Cultist
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Eastbourne
Posts: 792
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
He really wan't a fan of Lenzi's work! He ranted in Italian and crossed over every image of Cannibal Ferox. Julian Petley was stood next to me and said "That's about as good as you can get for a collectors item!" while Deodato waved his arms in the air shouting "SHIT! SHIT! LENZI, SHIT"
But didn't Lenzi start off the whole cannibal genre with Deep River Savages? Surely Deodato must owe him something!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 30th May 2011, 02:23 AM
Daemonia's Avatar
Cult Addict
Good Trader
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,451
Blog Entries: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserpress View Post
But didn't Lenzi start off the whole cannibal genre with Deep River Savages? Surely Deodato must owe him something!
Generally speaking, it's regarded as a seminal work in the sub-genre, but I'd class it as more of an Italian riff on A Man Called Horse.
__________________
Sent from my Hoover using the power of Uri Gellar
Reply With Quote
Reply

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.