Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless News and Events (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Kim Newman's Video Dungeon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-news-events/662-kim-newmans-video-dungeon.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 17th August 2008 01:40 PM

Kim Newman's Video Dungeon

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere (couldn't find it if it has) but Kim Newman has reviewed WHTDTYD, My Dear Killer and The Frightened Woman in his Video Dungeon in the September 2008 issue of Empire Magazine (the one with Watchmen on the front cover). He's pretty positive, especially about Shameless favourite, The Frightened Woman. I'd say Empire is pretty high profile publicity... Well done! :D

cloud 17th August 2008 01:52 PM

Kim Newman needs to alter his dress sense. He looks like Sherlock Holmes gone wrong.

steve 17th August 2008 11:36 PM

I saw him in Soho once and two blokes shouted to him, "Oi, mate it's 2006 not 1896", at the same time as I was telling my mate that he was a film critic and a writer - my mate was also rather baffled as to why Mr Newman was dressed in his rather eccentric way.

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th August 2008 06:23 AM

I don't even notice his clothes to be honest! I know he dresses eccentrically but I know that many people whose fashion tastes are off-the-wall that it doesn't even register!

My subscription to Empire stopped a few months back due to lack of funds so I haven't been able to check Newman's reviews as regularly as I used to. This particular copy was sat in a hotel I was having a drink in on holiday! So, dress sense aside, does anyone know if he's reviewed any more Shameless releases in the last few months?

Philleh 18th August 2008 09:09 AM

Anyman with facial hair that glorious deserves respect... I think he looks badass!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 18th August 2008 07:01 PM

Don't know Sarah,I've stopped buying Empire,in fact I'm about to chuck nearly every issue going back to 1998.....:( As well as Total Film.....anyone looking for a particular issue and I'll post it if I've got it-rather see 'em going to a good home than burn 'em.....
Anyway,Newman IMO does his bit for the genre we all love,so respect to him.....
Do you know him Vince?;)

vincenzo 18th August 2008 09:27 PM

I'm familiar with him but I don't know him.

Here's his website

bedorca 19th August 2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 12383)
Don't know Sarah,I've stopped buying Empire,in fact I'm about to chuck nearly every issue going back to 1998.....:( As well as Total Film.....anyone looking for a particular issue and I'll post it if I've got it-rather see 'em going to a good home than burn 'em.....
Anyway,Newman IMO does his bit for the genre we all love,so respect to him.....
Do you know him Vince?;)

Recycle my friend!!! :woot:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 9th September 2008 08:51 PM

All put into storage at me warehouse.....postage to send that lot anywhere would be a friggin' fortune.....wife's happy now she's got a cupboard back!:rolleyes:

fatboyslim142 27th December 2009 09:25 PM

I cant remember which issue it's in but he said that Strip Nude For Your Killer is the best exploitation title ever