Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless News and Events
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2008, 08:50 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

And how do you think such a poster would go down with each DVD in the future? I'm trying to think of things we can do to make the packages more attractive to collectors - but actually give 'em something they actually might want!
Old 1st September 2008, 08:52 PM
Cult Rookie

a poster like that with each dvd would be great if it corresponds to the film.
a slipcase or extras like a commentary would be awesome,even a steelbook edition of some films would be great.
Old 1st September 2008, 09:01 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Well our release of the Designated Victim will come with extras but as we have no staff and sod all budget it really delays releases if we start to try ot make extras. One thing we're now committed to is to try and present the film to the best of our ability and track down missing footage etc.

I've been seriously thinking about the packaging - I do like Steelbooks and for some of the Italian action films you could do awesome moulded tins BUT you gotta order like 6000 of the things and they do push the retail price up and on one dodgy film that's a hell of a bet to make.
Old 1st September 2008, 09:16 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Alternate cover for Torso and Killer Nun mate......
Old 1st September 2008, 11:58 PM
Cult Rookie

Liner notes with a history on the film in question would be superb.
Old 2nd September 2008, 12:17 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
And how do you think such a poster would go down with each DVD in the future? I'm trying to think of things we can do to make the packages more attractive to collectors - but actually give 'em something they actually might want!
I think posters with the releases would be an excellent idea. Any chance of this happening Almar? I'd love a collection of shameless posters framed on my film room wall, complete with yellow borders of course, that'd be amazing. I'm dying to get my hands on one of those 'Strip nude..' posters, is there anywhere they're available or was it just for Frightfest?
Old 2nd September 2008, 07:13 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Posters with the releases would be great. I'm currently storing my Strip Nude For Your Killer one for when I move out (eventually). I have no wall space in my current room.
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:25 PM
Cult Rookie

A small booklet with an essay on the film by a critic or an interview with someone involved in the film, would be really cool. Nice way to make something more collectable.
Old 2nd September 2008, 02:44 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Another vote for posters here, especially if it's original artwork, no offence to the great Shameless designs. Could be double sided I suppose.
Old 2nd September 2008, 03:13 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Why I'm offended!

We could let y'all vote for each title which side you'd prefer - I mean seriously do we want a poster of the reverse of My Dear Killer over the front version?

Like this? Share it using the links below!