Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless News and Events (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Shameless on Lovefilm Watch Now (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-news-events/7677-shameless-lovefilm-watch-now.html)

Rassilon 14th January 2012 09:58 AM

Shameless on Lovefilm Watch Now

I am a member of lovefilm and have the package where you can watch movies on your ps3, laptop, tv, instantly. I often type in Lucio Fulci, on the off chance a new title might pop up to watch. Anyway long story short I have noticed that several shameless titles are now available to 'watch now' including Manhattan Baby, Footprints, Torso, Black Cat, Ratman, New York Ripper. I am not sure which ones have always been there, but I know Manhattan Baby and Ripper are new additions. Least now I can watch these and then decide if I will buy them. I certainly was like a kid in a sweet shop when I saw what was available....ha and my wife wants us to watch transformers 3...I think not.

Baseball Fury 14th January 2012 10:02 AM

Strip Nude For Your Killer is also on there

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd January 2012 11:08 AM

An interesting observation, Ricky, and certainly a great way to 'try before you buy'!

Daemonia 22nd January 2012 11:56 AM

My internet connection is so slow and pathetic that streaming movies isn't an option. Even when watching YouTube vids it stutters and pauses constantly. So no, streaming is not something I'll be doing in the foreseeable future. The price of living out in the sticks, I guess.

Rassilon 22nd January 2012 12:10 PM

I must say the lovefilm streaming is the fastest. And it certainly is a great way of trying before you buy. I bought Phenomena on dvd after seeing it on lovefilm, and will be purchasing the amazing bronx warriors after watching that.

Hawkmonger 23rd January 2012 07:26 PM

Oh, I only have two weeks of my LF subscripion left!
Perfect oppertunity to watch NYR for the first time.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd January 2012 07:36 PM

Just a thought.

On a personal level if i watch a film i borrow from someone, even if its brilliant, i never go out and buy it immediately, don't need to as i've just seen it. I tend to wait till its dropped heavily in value, usually because the next time i want to see the same film again is normally 12 months or so later.

I hope Shameless being on Lovefilm doesn't hurt the company, why pay £10 for a dvd of Four Flies when i can see it on Lovefilm then pick it up for £3.99 later on.

Prince_Vajda 23rd January 2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 210977)
My internet connection is so slow and pathetic that streaming movies isn't an option. Even when watching YouTube vids it stutters and pauses constantly. So no, streaming is not something I'll be doing in the foreseeable future. The price of living out in the sticks, I guess.

Believe me, you're not alone... :rolleyes: :tsk:

Greetings!

Rassilon 24th January 2012 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 211209)
Just a thought.

On a personal level if i watch a film i borrow from someone, even if its brilliant, i never go out and buy it immediately, don't need to as i've just seen it. I tend to wait till its dropped heavily in value, usually because the next time i want to see the same film again is normally 12 months or so later.

I hope Shameless being on Lovefilm doesn't hurt the company, why pay £10 for a dvd of Four Flies when i can see it on Lovefilm then pick it up for £3.99 later on.

well if the film is on the streming package, theres no need to buy it unless u collect them. However the newer titles are not on that package. personally i think many shameless fans like me are collectors anyway...