Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless News and Events (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Shameless display in HMV Newcastle (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-news-events/9016-shameless-display-hmv-newcastle.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th June 2012 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 253231)
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.

Cheap(ish) prices too - £7/£8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for £11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)

I too noticed Glasgow Fort HMV had a LOT of Shameless dvds in-let's hope this is a sign of things to come.
They've always had their 3 Blu Ray releases,but at £25 a pop,I suspect they'll have them for some time to come!:lol:

Splatterdragon73 27th June 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 253294)
I think they had The Beast In Space and Manhattan Baby on display, not sure about The Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh though. Don't Torture a Duckling was on display with its misplaced cover sticker, which amused me. They also had a load of titles in the horror section.

Cheers Paul and yours truly should be visiting HMV on Friday so i'll be sure to check out what they have. I may well see how the land lays at The Metro Centre branch too and it's about time the likes of Shameless and Arrow were blessed with such fan-friendly exposure on the high street.:)

PaulD 27th June 2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 253505)
Cheers Paul and yours truly should be visiting HMV on Friday so i'll be sure to check out what they have. I may well see how the land lays at The Metro Centre branch too and it's about time the likes of Shameless and Arrow were blessed with such fan-friendly exposure on the high street.:)

Yeah, totally agree. The one in town used to often display all the Shameless titles on the wall in the Horror section but to have a full display in the shop is great (and a bit risky considering the cover art of certain titles!)

Sam 27th June 2012 07:27 PM

Not entirely related but I noticed HMV.com now have a click and collect service so you can pay online prices but pick it up instore.

GangsterQ 28th June 2012 01:22 PM

why didn't you take a picture?

PaulD 28th June 2012 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GangsterQ (Post 253795)
why didn't you take a picture?

Thought I might have looked a bit weird :)

Splatterdragon73 29th June 2012 02:37 PM

It was great to see such a wide range of Shameless output today in Newcastle's HMV and the relevant aisle exposure was wonderfully eye-catching. More or less all of the label's titles were proudly displayed with only Four Flies On Grey Velvet and Dellamorte Dellamore absent as far as i could tell. Yours truly ended up spending around a century on a combination of Shameless and Cine Asia DVDs, leaving the store with copies of The Strange Vice Of Mrs.Wardh and The New Barbarians with a view to picking up Manhattan Baby and possibly a select few other titles at a later date. The Fulci's Box Of Terror set was also available for £11 which i thought was a nice price too.

Gateshead's HMV had a good few Shameless releases on the shelves but their aisle display was of a lesser standard and only about a quarter of that afforded in the Newcastle outlet. Still, though, the best Shameless coverage the Gateshead store has given us.

I have only one complaint and that is none of the copies of The Beast In Space were shrinkwrapped in both branches and this is a most notable omission amongst all the other sealed Shameless stock.:(

keirarts 30th June 2012 07:26 AM

Though the thread title, "shameless display in HMV newcastle" could be mis-read. A friend of mine was looking at the threads over my shoulder and asked if they had caught someone publicly wanking! :lol:

Splatterdragon73 30th June 2012 09:46 AM

Thinking back, i never noticed any cheap copies of Almost Human in both of my local HMV stores yesterday either.:)

PaulD 30th June 2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keirarts (Post 254239)
Though the thread title, "shameless display in HMV newcastle" could be mis-read. A friend of mine was looking at the threads over my shoulder and asked if they had caught someone publicly wanking! :lol:

I did get pretty excited at the sight of all that yellow-boxed goodness, I have to admit.