Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless News and Events

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2nd July 2012, 02:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Is this a sign that Shameless are treading water? I think the last original release was Cannibal Holocaust(?) months ago, everything else is repackages of older releases (the three boxsets) and now aggressively (in a good way of course) pushing existing stock in stores.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not exactly looking rosy
Old 2nd July 2012, 03:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Is this a sign that Shameless are treading water? I think the last original release was Cannibal Holocaust(?) months ago, everything else is repackages of older releases (the three boxsets) and now aggressively (in a good way of course) pushing existing stock in stores.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not exactly looking rosy
Unfortunately, it seems to be a similar situation with Blue Underground as well at the moment.
Old 3rd July 2012, 08:23 AM
Cult Addict

The economy is screwed, more and more people are streaming there movies off netflix and lovefilm or watching them on demand. Physical media is unfortunately dying off slowly as genuine cult film fans are a minority. I do my bit by ordering shameless stuff new rather than picking it up second hand, but the whole industry is suffering.
Old 17th July 2012, 11:48 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.

Cheap(ish) prices too - £7/£8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for £11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)
i am responsible for that very display - as dvd sales decline we are trying to be clever in exploiting niche markets and it has sold really well since we put it in - i take perverse pleasure whenever a yellow spined shameless release is scanned through the till - there is now another sexploits display up the step near horror of other (slightly corny) 70's cult films , nun & the devil in particular has sold well - pleased that we can satiate the needs of the discerning film buyer .. plenty out there it seems -
Old 18th July 2012, 07:40 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernleech View Post
i am responsible for that very display - as dvd sales decline we are trying to be clever in exploiting niche markets and it has sold really well since we put it in - i take perverse pleasure whenever a yellow spined shameless release is scanned through the till - there is now another sexploits display up the step near horror of other (slightly corny) 70's cult films , nun & the devil in particular has sold well - pleased that we can satiate the needs of the discerning film buyer .. plenty out there it seems -
Thanks for taking the time join up, and kudos on the excellent Shameless display, northernleech!
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 18th July 2012, 10:41 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Great work Northernleech! I'm sure this will definetly help Shameless sales and get some more fans!
Old 18th July 2012, 01:17 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
The economy is screwed, more and more people are streaming there movies off netflix and lovefilm or watching them on demand. Physical media is unfortunately dying off slowly as genuine cult film fans are a minority. I do my bit by ordering shameless stuff new rather than picking it up second hand, but the whole industry is suffering.
The day physical movie availability is over is the day i give up on film collecting altogether.
I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of ever subscribing to the downloading and streaming method of viewing and storing cinema.
It's gotta be physical or nothing for me, pure and simple.

Just for the record, i always buy my Shameless output brand new be it off the shelf or online.

Quote:
Wickedly good work and there's a strong possibility i've probably purchased an item through you at the counter at one time or another!

Any idea how long this Shameless and HMV promo is going to last for? The reason being come payday i'm hoping to grab a few more reduced Shameless titles and don't want to miss out if i can help it.
Old 18th July 2012, 01:28 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
The day physical movie availability is over is the day i give up on film collecting altogether.
I have absolutely no intention whatsoever of ever subscribing to the downloading and streaming method of viewing and storing cinema.

Just for the record, i always buy my Shameless output brand new be it off the shelf or online.

I don't think that it'll be a case of having a choice to give up film collecting. Cloud streaming suggests future movie viewing will be almost purely view on demand. I doubt very much wether we'll be allowed to keep the movies even stored on our computer. I know the industry is very keen to implement this model for video games.
Old 18th August 2012, 10:35 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post

Wickedly good work and there's a strong possibility i've probably purchased an item through you at the counter at one time or another!

Any idea how long this Shameless and HMV promo is going to last for? The reason being come payday i'm hoping to grab a few more reduced Shameless titles and don't want to miss out if i can help it.
its not a specific promotion , thats the normal prices , we just chose to highlight them , any other labels suggestions from you officianados would be appreciated , glad to see that our little display has caused such cyberexcitment !
Old 19th August 2012, 12:05 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
its not a specific promotion , thats the normal prices , we just chose to highlight them , any other labels suggestions from you officianados would be appreciated , glad to see that our little display has caused such cyberexcitment !
I think 88films output would be worth trying. All that charles band stuff on an endcap would look great.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!