Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless News and Events (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   Shameless display in HMV Newcastle (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-news-events/9016-shameless-display-hmv-newcastle.html)

PaulD 26th June 2012 12:28 AM

Shameless display in HMV Newcastle
 
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.


Cheap(ish) prices too - 7/8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for 11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)

Splatterdragon73 26th June 2012 05:43 AM

That's yours truly heading down there later this week then and cheers for the info.:)

Did you notice if The Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh, The Beast In Space and Manhattan Baby were on display at all?

keirarts 26th June 2012 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 253231)
Just thought I'd point out that not only have Newcastle's HMV clearly got a new batch of Shameless dvd's in (their horror section awash in a sea of yellow) but they've also put up a display of Shameless dvd's at the end of one of the aisles, along with a banner with the Shameless logo (they've also done ones for ArrowDrome and BFI). Nice to see them recognising genre labels and what makes it even better is that it's just where the general dvds are (ie, not the horror section) so right in the middle of the floor is an eye-catchingly bright yellow display with loads of covers featuring semi-nude women and such! I was half-tempted to take a picture.


Cheap(ish) prices too - 7/8 per dvd (They had The Funhouse on bluray for 11 too! - my local HMV really does have its moments)

This is the kind of thing that can save HMV, just a shame I went into the BLACKPOOL store last week and they showed no such inititive or pricing, they didn't even stock plague of the zombies or the reptile. Lower pricing is a great start to lure people away from the convienience of Amazon.

Hawkmonger 26th June 2012 11:55 AM

My HMV aren't at all bad, here in Bolton.
There horror section is always full of Shameless and Arrow, and because Bolton has such a niche market (Most people only buy cheap as chip's, mainstream movies. And TOWIE.) i'm often the one that end's up buying from the genre labels such as Arrow, Shameless, BFI, and Eureka.
11 for Nightbirds? Hell yeah! 25 for FFoGV?! FOOK ME!

kissoffboardy 26th June 2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 253281)
My HMV aren't at all bad, here in Bolton.
There horror section is always full of Shameless and Arrow, and because Bolton has such a niche market (Most people only buy cheap as chip's, mainstream movies. And TOWIE.) i'm often the one that end's up buying from the genre labels such as Arrow, Shameless, BFI, and Eureka.
11 for Nightbirds? Hell yeah! 25 for FFoGV?! FOOK ME!

As a fellow Bolton dweller, I must disagree a bit. The pricing in the local HMV is usually pretty pants.

Only yesterday I was shaking my head when I spotted the dvd of City of the Living Dead for 19 quid. They also had the new Nucleus Children Shouldn't Play double bill for 16, Four Flies on blu for 25 & various Arrowdrome dvds for 11.

You do get the odd bargain in the sales & whatnot, but they seem to have dried up somewhat lately.

With such high prices in a national chain & not a small local business who you don't mind supporting to an extent, it's no wonder they're always flirting with going bust!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hawkmonger 26th June 2012 02:52 PM

Nightbirds was probably the last great deal they had there. I presume you must have missed that. 11 isn't half bad.
Also, 6-8 on the first run of Shameless titles is also not half bad, and they are forever having 2 for 10 deals on ArtificialEye releases.

PaulD 26th June 2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 253243)
That's yours truly heading down there later this week then and cheers for the info.:)

Did you notice if The Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh, The Beast In Space and Manhattan Baby were on display at all?

I think they had The Beast In Space and Manhattan Baby on display, not sure about The Strange Vice Of Mrs. Wardh though. Don't Torture a Duckling was on display with its misplaced cover sticker, which amused me. They also had a load of titles in the horror section.

kissoffboardy 26th June 2012 03:12 PM

I did miss Nightbirds. Unusual for them to get Flipsides in. The only others I've seen in there are Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush & a copy of Lunch Hour that's been hanging around for months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Hawkmonger 26th June 2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kissoffboardy (Post 253295)
I did miss Nightbirds. Unusual for them to get Flipsides in. The only others I've seen in there are Here We Go Round The Mulberry Bush & a copy of Lunch Hour that's been hanging around for months.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

There was one after I snatched a copy up.
Yeah, Lunch Hour doesn't seem to be budging does it?:lol:

kissoffboardy 26th June 2012 06:35 PM

Hmmm. I'll keep an eye out in case they go crazy & think Nightbirds is going to be a best seller, so get it back in.

Mind you, I bought my copy of Lunch Hour from there, so that's probably only hanging about now because my purchase gave them false hope! :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:26 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.