Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shameless News and Events

Like Tree42Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th June 2012, 11:21 AM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Shameless & HMV - Prizes To Be Won!

Hi all,

As you have likely seen (over on PaulD's thread, http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/sham...newcastle.html ), Shameless and HMV have recently teamed up better than ever! As many have already mentioned, the stores are turning yellow which is never a bad thing. With plenty of Shameless stock, a wider range and even whole displays dedicated to the greatest label of Italian exploitation. It's all very exciting!

More yellow cases in more locations! Horray!

Shameless would be very grateful to all dear Cult Labs members to share their thoughts and to get some feedback on their own local HMV stores. So, here's a new thread dedicated entirely to that. Just head to your nearest HMV and let us know what the yellowy situation is like there. Are the shelves packed with Shameless titles? What's the pricing like?

Photos are more than welcome! In fact, go and check out your local HMV, snap a few photos and share them here along with a few comments.

And as a kind 'thank you' the 7 most assiduous, fun and complete reports will be rewarded with any Shameless DVD of their choosing (exc. bo.x sets, or deleted titles such as SHAM001 & SHAM032.01 with lenticular)! Wahey! Help Shameless, help HMV and help your kind selves to a free DVD to add to your yellowy shelves.

Leave your comments below and let us know your thoughts on the Yellow invasion of HMV!

Viva la Shameless!
Old 28th June 2012, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Neat idea! I'll bow out of this one as I have all of the Shameless collection. I do think whoever snaps a picture of the display in the Newcastle store is onto a winner mind as it's an impressive looking display
Old 28th June 2012, 02:25 PM
Cult Addict

So all we have to do is post here? Sweet?
Well I have a few thing's i'd like to say.
First, The prices for the first 20 or so releases on DVD are of a reasonable price. £6-£8 in my local HMV (Bolton Branch) is not bad and rather acceptable. I dont seem to remember there being any titles after Footprints (20+) so but I would assume some of the earlier 'second wave' releases such as The Bronx Warriors would be simerlily priced.
Though this in itself is a sad note, how come they dont stock any of the more recent titles?
The Blu Rays, however, are horrendesly over priced. £19.99 for Cannibal Holocaust? £25 for Four Flies on Grey Velvet?
It's a blooming scandal, and I hope they rectify this soon as it's utterly Shameless (sorry).
Drakie79 likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 28th June 2012, 03:21 PM
Ex-Member

So we are being sent out as Shameless Rep's? Check the stock levels and take photos. Suppose its cheaper than sending someone to each store.
No but seriously this is a great thing. I only hope HMV have sorted out some of the pricing issues. Charging 18 pound for House on the edge of the park is ridiculous. I will go and have alook tomorrow. Expect my report there after.
Old 28th June 2012, 03:51 PM
Cult Acolyte

I'll see if I can report back from Walsall tomorrow. I'm not expecting much, the horror section is pretty meagre . . .
Old 28th June 2012, 06:54 PM
Ex-Member

I made my own display....look. No way I'll get near hmv with the floods. Maybe this is still worth a prize tho, power of yellow and all that.

7odosw.jpg
Daemonia, Justin101, PaulD and 4 others like this.
Old 28th June 2012, 07:29 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

How much are they charging for The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh instore?
I noticed that they've finally dropped it to £8 online.
Old 29th June 2012, 01:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I do think whoever snaps a picture of the display in the Newcastle store is onto a winner mind as it's an impressive looking display.
You're damn right as yours truly visited the above outlet this morning and was pleased to see such a vast array of Shameless stock.
A nice fan-friendly sea of yellow standing out amongst the other mainstream output and Shameless catalogue coverage should've been this way since day one.
Old 29th June 2012, 02:00 PM
Cult Master

I popped into the Basingstoke branch of HMV this morning, and there was not a special 'Shameless' display to be be seen

Saying that, however, there did seem to be a lot of 'yellow cases' in the "horror" section - more than I have seen during recent visits

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th June 2012, 02:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
£6-£8 in my local HMV (Bolton Branch) is not bad and rather acceptable. I don't seem to remember there being any titles after Footprints (20+) so but I would assume some of the earlier 'second wave' releases such as The Bronx Warriors would be similarly priced.
Yeah, all three Shameless Castellari classics were in Newcastle's HMV today for around £7-£8 so i snapped up The New Barbarians as i already own both Bronx Warriors DVDs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Chad View Post
Charging 18 pound for House On The Edge Of The Park is ridiculous. I will go and have a look tomorrow. Expect my report there after.
The above title was available for the same price as all other reduced Shameless stock when i checked both my nearest HMV branches earlier today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Blade View Post
How much are they charging for The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh instore?
I noticed that they've finally dropped it to £8 online.
That's about how much i paid for my copy purchased from HMV this morning.

Like this? Share it using the links below!