Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless Pop Erotica Box Set (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=356)
-   -   SHAM302 - Shameless Pop Erotica Box Set: Archive Discussion (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-pop-erotica-box-set/8447-sham302-shameless-pop-erotica-box-set-archive-discussion.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 12:21 PM

SHAM302 - Shameless Pop Erotica Box Set: Archive Discussion

SHAM302 - SHAMELESS POP EROTICA BOX-SET

Unwind with Shameless!

Shameless proudly announces a collection of Cult cinema's most iconic sexy films - Venus In Furs, The Frightened Woman and Baba Yaga - these will be presented in Shameless’ new strand of videotape-themed nostalgia collector's box-sets.

The third in the series of “Shameless-Unwind” videotape-themed box-set, this is the unmissable POP EROTICA BOX-SET!

Stylish, imaginative and deliciously twisted, these three cult classics reveal the darker side of passion, love and sex.. Inspired by eclectic masterpieces, from the erotic literary genius of Leopold Sacher-Masoch’s Venus In Furs, to Guido Crepax’s arousing iconic comic strip Baba Yaga, via the far-out sets of Niki De Saint Phalle in The Frightened Woman, this Erotic Pop Fest also features some of cinema’s most alluring leading ladies - think Dagmar Lassander, Laura Antonelli ! - caught up in increasingly bizarre and dangerous sex games…

Shameless’ Pop Erotica Box will be presented with specially commissioned artwork from a top British artist emphasizing the videotape-shaped boxset - this time a V2000 ! … remember those ??!

The Shameless Pop Erotica Box Set will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 23 July 2012.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th April 2012 01:06 PM

Will the re-releases never end? :lol: Ah well, they're ok I suppose, for those who don't already own the films.

PaulD 18th April 2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 233133)
Will the re-releases never end? :lol: Ah well, they're ok I suppose, for those who don't already own the films.

My thoughts exactly. I don't mind as such since I'm just not going to be something for the packaging when I already own the films but they are a good cost-effective way of people getting the films

That said, I'm really dying for a brand new release.

skankenstoned 19th April 2012 09:38 AM

[QUOTE=That said, I'm really dying for a brand new release.[/QUOTE]

You and me both! Like it's been said, this is a great way for the newbies to collect shameless but for those of us who've been collecting since day 1 it's a bit of a let down that shameless seem to spend more time these days repackaging old titles instead of concentrating their efforts on releasing great new titles. Still, I love Shameless and I'm sure they're beavering away as I type to get ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS ready for a fine release (if only!)...

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 19th April 2012 09:43 AM

Totally agree with all that's been said. These re-releases look gorgeous and so retro. I'm guessing that perhaps with these box sets, Shameless will be able to afford some more cult gems. :nod:

Rhodes 20th April 2012 10:29 AM

i'm a bit worried about shameless. is everything ok guys?

Hawkmonger 21st April 2012 03:51 PM

As much as I like supporting these nostalgic fet box set's, two in a row seem's to be pushing it.
Shameless had better be holding something new close to there chest that's gonna hit home with a bump.
Cannibal ferox anyone?

wayfarer 10th May 2012 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 234325)
As much as I like supporting these nostalgic fet box set's, two in a row seem's to be pushing it.
Shameless had better be holding something new close to there chest that's gonna hit home with a bump.
Cannibal ferox anyone?

What brought this home was seeing the subscription ad in the latest Dark Side mag, offering Almost Human as a freebie. It was one of the last original releases. I hope Shameless are lining up some new releases.

Criterion7 11th May 2012 12:33 PM

I gotta say I'll take a re-release over a new disappointment.(Arrow teams with Troma)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th May 2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 233133)

Although it isn't, it seems ages since Shameless have released something new. Until there is an announcement of a new film, I don't mind these boxsets as they are extremely stylish and, as you say, are great for those who don't own the individual releases.