Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Shameless Pop Erotica Box Set (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=356)
-   -   V2000! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/shameless-pop-erotica-box-set/9283-v2000.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 10th August 2012 03:21 PM

V2000!

In keeping with the throwback to the V2000 with the Erotica box set, I've put together a little blog all about these obsolete and somewhat forgotten format -

The V2000: Casualty of the Format Wars

Check it out for a pretty cool advert!

So who here collected V2000s? Does anyone still have any?!

I was a little too young to rememeber this (not even a sperm) so I'd love to hear what it was really like.

Hawkmonger 10th August 2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 265122)
I was a little too young to rememeber this (not even a sperm) so I'd love to hear what it was really like.

man, I wasn't even an IDEA, at that point!
They seemed prity unreliable in comparison to other casset format home media from what I heard.

bdc 10th August 2012 06:44 PM

I still have a few (2 or 3?). ;)

re.form 10th August 2012 09:28 PM

My mate had one of these when we were at junior school. Well, I mean his parents had one in their front room. They couldn't rent movies for it anywhere. They just used it to tape stuff off the telly.

The player was BIG. They had too remove a window to get it in the house. ;)

It had a nice wood finish.

Does anyone remember TV's that had a nice wood finish? Awesome. Miles classier than the flimsy crap you get these days. You could throw those bad boys down the stairs and they woudn't break. Game of footy in the front room? No problems! No need to worry about breaking the screen.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th August 2012 09:38 PM

I remember the V2000 section in my video store!
MUCH smaller than Beta and VHS!

platostotal 10th August 2012 10:44 PM

In my younger days I worked in Rumbelows(yes, really) so I had a chance to eye up these new recorders, to me the V2000 seemed too plastic/flimsy compared to early vhs or the superb sony Betamax with that tank-like build quality, I seem to remember you got a demo tape in the V2000 box with Dennis Norden showing it's features, but vhs killed all before it, even tho Betamax had a better p.q. (even thru pre scart co-ax days) but the flood of vhs tapes in shops proved conclusive.

Vampix 12th August 2012 04:47 PM

I remember a mate of mine's older brother bought a V2000 VCR, and the seller chucked in original Intervision copies of The Brood, Rabid and Zombies - Dawn of the Dead.He never got to watch them though as they never set the damn thing up.They bought a VHS player instead.I wish I'd offered to buy the tapes off his brother now as I think they just binned them.They were brand new originals too! :rolleyes:

Pete 12th August 2012 05:00 PM

I never, ever seen one!

VicDakin 12th August 2012 05:08 PM

V2000!

V2000!
I remember my dad buying one,it lasted for one whole day before it broke,next day he bought a betamax,on that day i was reborn :lol:

platostotal 12th August 2012 06:23 PM

Think I'm right that like all early video decks, V2000 was also temperature fussy, if it got cold then warm it would chew-up tapes. The glory of condensation on tape heads, such fun.