Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Love Goddess of the Cannibals > Shameless Sexploitation
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th March 2012, 08:10 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
"Quick cash-in" seems a bit harsh. I mean, no-one is forced into buying it. I, like you, have 2 of the dvds and so won't bother with this but that's not to say that it won't appeal to others who don't have any of the films.

That said, I'd love some announcements about some new Shameless releases!
I'm with Paul on this. I've got all three of the sexploitation titles seperatly already, but I just LUV, LUV, LUV the retro look of this set. I did the same thing for the Slashers set and couldn't resist getting that. If it was just the DVDs put into an uninspired box - a little like the Fulci set - I wouldn't be that interested honestly, but this looks incredible. Plus the three films are great fun!
Old 19th March 2012, 08:41 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
"Quick cash-in" seems a bit harsh. I mean, no-one is forced into buying it. I, like you, have 2 of the dvds and so won't bother with this but that's not to say that it won't appeal to others who don't have any of the films.

That said, I'd love some announcements about some new Shameless releases!
Not 'forced', but obviously there are collectors who have these movies released by Shameless since a long time, and collect everything Shameless releases.

I would have no problem with it, had this box been released when the last of these films was released (don't know which one that is, but that's beside the point). Unfortunately that isn't the case.
Old 19th March 2012, 09:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I'm with Paul on this. I've got all three of the sexploitation titles seperatly already, but I just LUV, LUV, LUV the retro look of this set. I did the same thing for the Slashers set and couldn't resist getting that. If it was just the DVDs put into an uninspired box - a little like the Fulci set - I wouldn't be that interested honestly, but this looks incredible. Plus the three films are great fun!
I also have the three DVDs but, as with the Slasher Nasties set, the set looks extremely good so I'll probably add it to my collection.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:06 PM
Cult Addict

I like the idea of these box sets, as being a fan of the whole industry of exploitation they fit in very well with the old idea of retitling films and pushing them out on the public for a second or third time. I'm aware that the films haven't been retitled but the principle is the same. It makes good financial sense, pleases the collectors and exploits them at the same time which to me is a pretty good definition of exploitation cinema rather than the over used idea of exploitation as a genre.
Old 19th March 2012, 10:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Whilst no good to me, i think these sets make terrific presents to give to the uninitiated.

Especially if its priced at £11.99 online like the Slashers set.
Old 20th March 2012, 08:24 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

£11.99 is really good value for those three films – less than four quid each with a really cool box.

I like the packaging enough to buy one anyway!
Old 24th March 2012, 09:49 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
I just love all the detail on the stickers. A bit before my time but "Please Be Kind And Rewind" is just classy. Did that thing ever get applied in the 80's?
Yes and you missed out on a marvellous, magical period there, Hawkmonger. The VHS era may be gone but it'll never be forgotten imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
I've got all three of the sexploitation titles seperatley already, but I just LUV, LUV, LUV the retro look of this set. If it was just the DVDs put into an uninspired box i wouldn't be that interested honestly!
I'm of the same mindset despite already owning two of the three titles in the relevant release.
Conventional, style-starved packaging wouldn't tempt me but that wonderfully nostalgic Betamax-esque case certainly does and i'm even contemplating buying the Shameless Slasher Nasties Collection for the same retrotastic reason despite being uninterested in said release upon it's initial issue.
Old 24th March 2012, 10:00 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
£11.99 is really good value for those three films–less than four quid each with a really cool box.
I like the packaging enough to buy one anyway!
You said it and yours truly has just pre-ordered a copy from HMV. I gave in to the beauty of that Betamax-style packaging and just couldn't help myself!
Old 24th March 2012, 04:27 PM
Cult Addict

TBH the whole 'People who buy everything Shameless put out there...' argument is rather silly. There about as indie a label you can get with a comparatively small catalogue of very good movies under there belt. The occational re-release is more than fine with me. As people have already gushed about how awsome the art work is, im not gonna coment.........OK, it DROKKING ROCKS!

DVD and BD collection
Old 24th March 2012, 04:31 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm up for one of these.
I LOVE Betamax!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.

Like this? Share it using the links below!