Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Torso > Shameless Slasher Nasties
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2011, 02:14 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Imo I see no reason for this.
Anyone interested in these films would have bought them anyway.
So instead of spending money on existing releases why not put that towards a new release

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 7th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Active Cultist

Hmmm...
why is this called SLASHER box set?

I hope it will include new discs AND new sleeve designs for every one of these flicks.
That could actually probably make me interested in it...
Also, I'm hoping the box art will be something new, in the vein of slasher flicks.
Old 7th July 2011, 05:50 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Slasher indeed doesn't sound right,surely it would make more sense to swap Torso for New York Ripper Fan Edition & call it the video nastie set?

however I would possibly change my mind about a purchase if the artwork was changed, BTW off topic slightly why is the design used for Torso On Amazon different?
Old 7th July 2011, 06:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold6082 View Post
however I would possibly change my mind about a purchase if the artwork was changed, BTW off topic slightly why is the design used for Torso On Amazon different?
The cover Sarah posted was for the initial, one-sided pressing of Torso. Subsequent pressings have the different Amazon cover with a reversible sleeve of the much better (in my opinion, obv) poster (a variation of which is in my avatar picture at present).
Old 7th July 2011, 06:32 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Labelling this as a 'Slasher' box set to me is probably the best way of marketing these films together. I mean this is being released around the Halloween holidays so labelling it them as 'slashers' would definetly attract more people to it. Besides I guess you could say all three films have a very strong slasher element to them.
Old 7th July 2011, 06:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
Labelling this as a 'Slasher' box set to me is probably the best way of marketing these films together. Remember this is being released around the Halloween holidays so labelling it as such would definetly attract more people to it. Besides all three films have a very strong slasher element to them.
Agreed.

Plus, it's a great way for Shameless to make a few extra bob, and at the same time get their name out to a wider audience (many people go horror DVD buying crazy around Halloween), who in turn may be inclined to check out more of their releases.

If this means Shameless can then afford to release more titles like Four Flies and Cannibal Holocaust, then it wouldn't matter to me if they were to re-release all their titles in boxsets.
Old 7th July 2011, 06:48 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Very true. I used to go out shopping for horror DVDs more in October more than than any other time of the year and a three DVD set with Slasher on the cover would have grabbed my attention and probably come with me to the checkout!
Old 7th July 2011, 08:13 PM
Active Cultist

I think this should be called "WHORE Box Set".
Old 7th July 2011, 08:17 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amertume View Post
I think this should be called "WHORE Box Set".
It would certainly get a lot of attention in HMV!
Old 7th July 2011, 09:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

For some reason I saw the title and thought they were releasing a box set of titles with Slasher in them. The Slasher is the Sex Maniac, The Hollywood Strangler meets The Skid Row Slasher, etc, etc.
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!