Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Torso > Shameless Slasher Nasties

Like Tree9Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th July 2011, 08:29 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Default SHAM300 - Slasher Box Set: The Archive Conversation

SLASHER BOX SET

Just in time for Halloween, Shameless are releasing a box set containing not one, not two but three of their brilliant DVDs!

The Slasher Box Set will contain Killer Nun, Torso and Night Train Murders! As yet I have no details on how this will be packaged or what will come in the way of artwork as Shameless are still deciding so why not use this thread to share your thoughts with them?

Would you like to see a set packaged similarly to Fulci's Box of Terror or something a bit different?

The Slasher Box Set will be released on DVD by Shameless Screen Entertainment on 24 October 2011.
Old 7th July 2011, 08:35 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Not necessarily something I'd be interested in, since I own the individual releases and can't financially justify duplicate copies, but it would be nice if all-new artwork was used. If not, at least some reversible artwork for Killer Nun. New packaging would also be good, instead of just having the three original cases in a card box like the Fulci set. Not sure what sort of packaging though
Old 7th July 2011, 08:46 AM
Active Cultist

Sorry but im with Paul on this one, i never bought the last one and won't be buying this one either.

It does'nt help those that are trying to keep to the complete collection going. These boxset ideas only make me feel like abandoning the idea of keeping the run going and just buying whatever Shameless/Arrow releases appeal to me the most.

Sorry rant over.

My Diary & Purchase Collection page: http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318577
Old 7th July 2011, 08:51 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
Sorry but im with Paul on this one, i never bought the last one and won't be buying this one either.

It does'nt help those that are trying to keep to the complete collection going. These boxset ideas only make me feel like abandoning the idea of keeping the run going and just buying whatever Shameless/Arrow releases appeal to me the most.

Sorry rant over.
I think the numbering of this release is clearly done in a way so that people who like collecting the releases don't feel 'forced' into buying it to keep to their numbered collection sequential which is good (I remember the 'controversy' of the Fulci Box and The Bronx Warriors release) and I do think there'll be a market for this box although perhaps outside of this forum where people might not want to double(or triple, etc)-dip.

Bear in mind, I do own the Fulci Box of Terror as when it was released I didn't own the individual discs and it was cheaper to get the box so it's not that I'm against these releases as such, just this isn't one for me (unless it comes with some incredible new extras/content)

I do think new packagaing, artwork and maybe posters and booklets would make a difference though, instead of just chucking the 3 cases into a new card box
Old 7th July 2011, 08:58 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken View Post
As Shameless said they would with any further box sets, they have numbered this one as SHAM300 which keeps it outside the "main" run as Paul said.

They did this as a direct result of people's comments re: Fulci's Box of Terror so they do listen. If I remember my conversation with the guys over there, they were horrified that people felt "forced" or "coerced" into buying their films just to keep their collection complete but, as fans and collectors themselves, they completely understood and this is why they have started numbering box sets separately.

If you don't want it, don't buy it and there's no harm done to your collection.

PaulD likes this.
Old 7th July 2011, 09:08 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I am very pleased to see the numbering system now isolates the sets from the main releases numberings,Because I am afraid I am also someone who won't buy duplicates,I only ever double dip if like New York Ripper a more complete remastered version is the case.

I never got Fulci's Boxset or the singular releases of The Bronx Warriors trilogy either,it was however a huge shame in these cases that they ruined the number sequence.
Old 7th July 2011, 09:24 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Got two of those already, Plus I don't think "Slasher" is a good choice for the name of the box set either.
Old 7th July 2011, 11:47 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

I'll be giving this box set a miss too seeing as i already own both the U.S. and U.K. TNTM DVDs. Not to mention old and new sleeve releases of Torso as well as AWE's Danish edition. I've also got BU's upgraded DVD and BR contributions pre-ordered and that's enough for me where Sergio Martino's popular giallo is concerned. Not bothered about KN to be honest and here's hoping this Shameless 'slasher' collection still sells though to make the endeavour worthwhile.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:15 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Imo, if you already have the releases singulary there's lttle reason to get this except for all the extra trimmings - new artwork, sexy box, etc. But having said that, this is excellent for those trying to build up their collection or just staring to get into Shameless films/ Italian exploitation. And not to mention that releasing something like this would help fund buying the rights to other films.
Old 7th July 2011, 12:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Depending on the artwork, both on the individual discs and the box itself, and how flush I'm feeling will determine whether I buy this or not, or when. I have every other Shameless release (even the individual Bronx Warriors discs), so it is probably inevitable I'll buy this at some point.

Like this? Share it using the links below!