Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > Shamelessly Creative

Like Tree1Likes

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th May 2010, 12:32 AM
Cultist in Training

ha ha!! why didn't i work that out for myself?!

in my defence the attached thumbs were pretty believable though!
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:05 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Come on, SHAMELESS... What are you guys DOING??

I mean, the BRONX WARRIORS trilogy? Honestly? It's been available wide and in good prints for years now. We simply don't need these... and they're not very good movies anyway. I will say that BRONX WARRIORS 2 is pretty cool, but the old Vipco release is just fine. Why waste your time on those??

Also, I read that MOTEL HELL and SATAN'S BABY DOLL are slated to come out. Again... WHY?? MOTEL HELL is junk, and I can't imagine the level of the mind that enjoyed SATAN'S BABY DOLL. It's utterly worthless. I really hope my opinion on that film isn't a minority one. Besides that, both films are already available in decent Region 1 prints.

What we need from SHAMELESS are not releases of lousy films that are already readily available; we need stuff like AN IDEAL PLACE TO KILL, FOOTPRINTS and THE DESIGNATED VICTIM, like they used to do, which is to say movies that aren't available in English anywhere in the world. That's the stuff that keeps me coming back to the Shameless website, and frankly, at this rate, I might not be back for quite some time.

Please, guys, get with the program... and as for this attitude of "Well, folks in the UK may not be able to play NTSC discs of these titles", too bad for them. They can get multi-region players, which are by no means expensive, and then they can get these NTSC discs online. I say it's up to SHAMELESS to serve up the good stuff we can't get otherwise. Tell me I'm wrong... I dare you. Then back it up, if you can.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:24 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skankpuddle View Post
I mean, the BRONX WARRIORS trilogy? Honestly? It's been available wide and in good prints for years now. We simply don't need these... and they're not very good movies anyway. I will say that BRONX WARRIORS 2 is pretty cool, but the old Vipco release is just fine. Why waste your time on those??

Also, I read that MOTEL HELL and SATAN'S BABY DOLL are slated to come out. Again... WHY?? MOTEL HELL is junk, and I can't imagine the level of the mind that enjoyed SATAN'S BABY DOLL. It's utterly worthless. I really hope my opinion on that film isn't a minority one. Besides that, both films are already available in decent Region 1 prints.

What we need from SHAMELESS are not releases of lousy films that are already readily available; we need stuff like AN IDEAL PLACE TO KILL, FOOTPRINTS and THE DESIGNATED VICTIM, like they used to do, which is to say movies that aren't available in English anywhere in the world. That's the stuff that keeps me coming back to the Shameless website, and frankly, at this rate, I might not be back for quite some time.

Please, guys, get with the program... and as for this attitude of "Well, folks in the UK may not be able to play NTSC discs of these titles", too bad for them. They can get multi-region players, which are by no means expensive, and then they can get these NTSC discs online. I say it's up to SHAMELESS to serve up the good stuff we can't get otherwise. Tell me I'm wrong... I dare you. Then back it up, if you can.
Well to be fair,some people didn't have any of the Bronx Warriors films before Shameless released them and I've never seen Satan's Baby Doll.So I have no problems with Shameless releasing them.And while it's nice to have films that haven't gotten a release anywhere,a lot of dvds that have been successful will likely sell again if they are released in better editions,ala Bronx Warriors.If Shameless didn't release things like this and make some money from them,they wouldn't have money to spend on untested films.So it's all good as far as I'm concerned.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:37 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

I accept your dare.

The Bronx Warriors Trilogy was a superb package from Shameless, which included remastered prints of all three films making them superior to the NTSC versions from Shriek Show, as well as the old UK VIPCO releases. As a company, their longevity as a company would have seriously been in jeopardy if they'd been releasing nothing but new titles to the worldwide market crammed full of extras. They need the bread and butter titles like New York Ripper (their biggest seller), Torso, and The Bronx Tin to sustain them so they can release more obscure gems like Footprints, Oasis of Fear, and Designated Victim. Rights issues, print availabilty, and cost will all affect whether a company can release a title, and the more obscure or unrelased titles are usually obscure or unreleased for a reason.

As for Motel Hell, sorry but I haven't heard news that Shameless are to release this. Satan's Baby Doll was released on 31st May and is far superior to the R1 Severin version in the fact that it contains three new scenes not present in the Severin version and is a re-build of the film remastered by Shameless.

But, I'm assuming you're clever enough to be joking as you've posted this rant in a defunct hoax thread created for April Fools Day.
Old 3rd June 2010, 08:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

If only they were releasing Motel Hell! A great fun film.
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:29 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Oops time to close this one methinks!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Closed Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!