Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh: The Archive Conversation (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/strange-vice-mrs-wardh/3874-sham030-strange-vice-mrs-wardh-archive-conversation.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 1st November 2010 06:20 PM

SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh: The Archive Conversation
 
Coming to DVD next March from Shameless is another classic from Sergio Martino (Torso):

THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS WARDH!

Voted one of the top Giallos ever, not only for its surreal S&M imagery – featuring plenty of suspense, sleaze, nudity and gruesome killings – but also because it this is the film which placed Edwige Fenech (Strip Nude For Your Killer) in the hearts of besotted fans around the world.

There's been a lot of demand for this film from the Labs and Shameless have listened - so will this be going on your wish list?

*

PRE-ORDER THE DVD:

Amazon.co.uk
Play.com
HMV

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st November 2010 06:22 PM

Excellent news!
Now you're talking Shameless.:clap:
I had this on the No Shame label,and foolishly traded it without watching it all!:rolleyes:

Pete 1st November 2010 06:39 PM

Day 1 purchase for me:clap:

bdc 1st November 2010 06:58 PM

Oh yes,definite purchase! :woot:
I'm certain the Shameless version will be the best English friendly one around!
The old Noshame release was a not very good pal-ntsc conversion and interlaced as well..
Mya uses the same old conversion it seems.

Shameless rocks! :rockon:

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 1st November 2010 07:01 PM

Now THIS is good news. Sarah (and Shameless), you've just brightened up my day with a ray of yellow! :woot: I hate to admit this, but I've never actually seen this (don't hurt me!), but cannot wait to see it. Releasing this film almost feels as though Shameless are going back to their 'roots' so to speak with a giallo. Oh yeah!

Argentofan 1st November 2010 07:09 PM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Some Edwige Fenech Giallo goodness! :woot:

Definate purchase!

ecc 1st November 2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 110683)
Oh yes,definite purchase! :woot:
I'm certain the Shameless version will be the best English friendly one around!
The old Noshame release was a not very good pal-ntsc conversion and interlaced as well..
Mya uses the same old conversion it seems.

Shameless rocks! :rockon:

PAL-NTSC conversions usually are interlaced.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st November 2010 07:24 PM

Fantastic news. :cool:

Even though I have the OOP NoShame US release, I'll definitely be picking this up.

Jonny 1st November 2010 07:24 PM

Re: SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh
 
Lovely! I misplaced my NoShame DVD a while back and couldn't face paying the silly prices for a replacement.

Posted via Tapatalk

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st November 2010 08:47 PM

I've actually never seen this, although I said the same with the majority of the other Shameless titles. Another one to add to the collection me thinks.

Gojirosan 2nd November 2010 11:23 AM

Oh my God.

I feel faint with excitement!

thundercrack 2nd November 2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 110688)
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Some Edwige Fenech Giallo goodness! :woot:

Definate purchase!

Don't you mean Some more Edwige Fenech Giallo Goodness as Shameless released Strip Nude for Your Killer staring Edwige Fenech.

robertzombie 2nd November 2010 03:08 PM

A cracking movie! Can't wait to own it :D

Argentofan 2nd November 2010 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thundercrack (Post 110766)
Don't you mean Some more Edwige Fenech Giallo Goodness as Shameless released Strip Nude for Your Killer staring Edwige Fenech.

I did. But to some people, Strip Nude wouldn't count as "goodness" ;) haha

Does this one also go by Blade Of The Ripper ?

Pete 2nd November 2010 04:20 PM

I like SNFYK.

Edwige was also in Phantom of Death.

Mojo 2nd November 2010 05:51 PM

I have the NoShame disc of this, but I'll be picking up the Shameless release all the same :)

thundercrack 2nd November 2010 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 110803)
I like SNFYK.

Edwige was also in Phantom of Death.

I forgot she was in this one too.

JAMIOUSE 2nd November 2010 06:21 PM

Ooh great choice! I wonder how it will fair at the BBFC? There is alot of s&m imagery and bare breasts.

bdc 2nd November 2010 06:29 PM

Nothing too bad here I think.

JAMIOUSE 2nd November 2010 08:15 PM

It's the eroticised violence that worries me bdc. But, considering some of the scenes that the BBFC pass these days it might be fine. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't any problems with The Frightened Women.

Mbarr 2nd November 2010 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 110863)
It's the eroticised violence that worries me bdc. But, considering some of the scenes that the BBFC pass these days it might be fine. I'm kinda surprised there wasn't any problems with The Frightened Women.

MILD SPOILERS!!!






The eroticised violence is in a fantasy/dream context so I'm sure it won't be a problem...it's one of Martino/Fenech's greatest films (and IMO one of the best Gialli of the period)....I'm really stoked that Shameless seem to be going back to roots...all this soft core & shite fantasy has not been my cup of tea at all...this will be a major seller for people who didn't pick up the NOShame disc (which I have)....can we now have YOUR VICE (the ONLY one I don't have!) please?....and for the person saying English?...the movie was shot with Italian Lang so that's the way to go

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 3rd November 2010 07:06 AM

YVIALRAOIHTK would indeed be a great follow up title to Mrs Wardh. I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually prefer Your Vice to Mrs Wardh.

Sarah@Cult Labs 3rd November 2010 07:32 AM

Glad to see this film getting such a good response on here. I know it's been one that fans have been asking for almost since the earliest days of Shameless. I think Shameless will do you all proud...

DeadAlive 3rd November 2010 08:10 AM

OK. Another one from Shameless that I haven't seen. I'm sure this will be rectified in the spring.

Philleh 3rd November 2010 11:04 AM

Excellent news! It's going to be a good day when Mrs Wardh is finally in the UK stores!! :woot:

Gigantor 3rd November 2010 11:40 AM

Great news Indeed!:clap:

bedorca 3rd November 2010 12:24 PM

Yippee!!!!:clap:

Filmbar70 3rd November 2010 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbarr (Post 110883)
MILD SPOILERS!!!






The eroticised violence is in a fantasy/dream context so I'm sure it won't be a problem...it's one of Martino/Fenech's greatest films (and IMO one of the best Gialli of the period)....I'm really stoked that Shameless seem to be going back to roots...all this soft core & shite fantasy has not been my cup of tea at all...this will be a major seller for people who didn't pick up the NOShame disc (which I have)....can we now have YOUR VICE (the ONLY one I don't have!) please?....and for the person saying English?...the movie was shot with Italian Lang so that's the way to go


Indeed. Certainly, for my money, one of the most interesting gialli out there - especially when it comes to the feminine perspective of Wardh herself - Fenech's most meaty role, and possibly the only existentialist anti-heroine of the whole genre! As for Lang options - we screened it with It audio / Eng subs - audience had no trouble at all...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 3rd November 2010 06:24 PM

Be interesting to see what artwork transpires for this one!:nod:

JAMIOUSE 3rd November 2010 09:01 PM

I imagine the Shameless edition will have both English and Italian audio like the No Shame edition, the soundtracks are presumably both available to be licensed. I like to watch gialli in English, the often dodgy dubs make the films even more charming. That and although I watch DVDs in their original languages I do get distracted by the subtitles and miss out on the screen action especially it's a dialogue heavy scene.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th November 2010 12:50 PM

This is a 'must buy' title for me as it's a title I've been after for ages so, thank you Shameless!

gnorthcott 4th November 2010 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 110893)
YVIALRAOIHTK would indeed be a great follow up title to Mrs Wardh. I'm probably in the minority here, but I actually prefer Your Vice to Mrs Wardh.

I agree 'Your vice....' is hands down my favourite,and when your talking 'torso','all the colours...','Strange vice...' etc,thats some serious competition.
Shameless you have surpassed my expectations

firren 5th November 2010 10:29 AM

whatever helps you push out something not released many times already... :woot: Not to sound rude or anything but there's plenty of unreleased giallos as far as DVD goes and this has 3 releases already as far as I know

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th November 2010 11:18 AM

It may have been released before, but never in the UK and, the last time I checked, the R1 releases were very expensive or OOP. I haven't seen it and would love to see it on DVD in the UK.

DoTheMonkey 5th November 2010 12:37 PM

It's a great film, I own the NoShame DVD but this is a title I will surely double dip!
Go Shameless!

Amertume 9th November 2010 08:15 AM

WOW!
I'm pretty sure this will become the best edition of this giallo classic!

Just be good and include the ITALIAN soundtrack, will ya. ;)

I'll buy this in a heartbeat... am also considering Strip Nude For Your Killer... is that a good release?

thundercrack 9th November 2010 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amertume (Post 111703)
WOW!
I'm pretty sure this will become the best edition of this giallo classic!

Just be good and include the ITALIAN soundtrack, will ya. ;)

I'll buy this in a heartbeat... am also considering Strip Nude For Your Killer... is that a good release?

Yes but it's only in English.

If You could go backwards in time then I wish some of the Shameless releases that only Have English Audio would Include the Italian Audio as well.

Filmbar70 9th November 2010 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amertume (Post 111703)
WOW!
I'm pretty sure this will become the best edition of this giallo classic!

Just be good and include the ITALIAN soundtrack, will ya. ;)

I'll buy this in a heartbeat... am also considering Strip Nude For Your Killer... is that a good release?

Strip Nude is definitely worth the the investment. Certainly a different kettle of fish then Wardh though - the film delights in cheeky, trashy mayhem, whereas Wardh is more character driven and psychologically intense.
Both great films - and both star the wonderful Edwige, so you can't go wrong!

Amertume 9th November 2010 02:26 PM

Okay, thanx for the heads-up.

I'm gonna pre-order Mrs Wardh, but what is the picture quality of SNFYK like in comparison to Blue Underground's earlier release?
I heard somewhere that the Shameless release is going out of print?
:D

Filmbar70 11th November 2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amertume (Post 111745)
Okay, thanx for the heads-up.

I'm gonna pre-order Mrs Wardh, but what is the picture quality of SNFYK like in comparison to Blue Underground's earlier release?
I heard somewhere that the Shameless release is going out of print?
:D

Can't vouch for the BU release (I'm sure there are many others on this forum that can) - but the Shameless print is fine...


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.