Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh: The DVD Specs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/strange-vice-mrs-wardh/4882-sham030-strange-vice-mrs-wardh-dvd-specs.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 07:59 AM

SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh: The DVD Specs

Shameless Screen Entertainment is proud to present The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh, an absolute, acknowledged classic of giallo cinema. Influential, provocative, and intoxicatingly erotic, this descent into depravity showcases the voluptuous sensuality of the most alluring star of 70’s Italian cinema – the exquisite Edwige Fenech.

Sexy sophisticate Julie Wardh (Fenech) endures a stifling marriage to a distant diplomat (Alberto de Mendoza) in the hope of repressing her perverted past – a sadomasochistic relationship with the sadistic Jean (Ivan Rassimov). Disillusioned with her empty, unloved existence, she succumbs to the amorous advances of suave playboy George (George Hilton) and embarks upon a torrid and passionate affair.

But her happiness may prove short-lived – as Jean makes an unwelcome reappearance, a brutal razor-slasher is making short and very bloody work of the nubile nymphets of Vienna. Could Jean be the sick maniac responsible for the psychosexual slayings? Or does the answer lie somewhere closer, deeper and darker than she could possibly perceive?

Fearing that she too may fall victim to the killer’s blade, tormented, blackmailed and deceived, she spirals into an uncontrollable emotional maelstrom where her deviate desires threaten to reawaken in a welter of sex, sadism and slaughter…

Directed with feverish intensity by genre favorite Sergio Martino (Torso), scribed with serpentine precision by Ernesto Gastaldi, and romantically enriched with the soaring sounds (re-appropriated by Tarantino for Kill Bill 2) of Nora Orlandi The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh marked the coronation of the undisputed Queen of giallo herself, Edwige Fenech, who melts the screen with burning, unbridled carnality. Lashed with all the unabashed nudity, delicious twists and searing sadism that would define the genre’s excesses of sex and violence, The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh is an unmatched pinnacle of giallo cinema.

Special Features Include:
  • English audio and optional Italian with English subtitles.
  • All-new 20 minute interview with director Sergio Martino.
  • Introduction by director Sergio Martino.
  • Shameless Fact Track by Justin Harries.
  • Theatrical trailer plus complete Shameless Trailer Park.
  • Edwige Fenech bio presentation.

THE STRANGE VICE OF MRS WARDH WILL BE RELEASED ON DVD (RRP £15.99) BY SHAMELESS SCREEN ENTERTAINMENT ON 28 MARCH 2011.

PRE-ORDER NOW AT:
Amazon.co.uk
HMV
Play.com

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 11:32 AM

Fantastic package. :clap:

It's nice to see another fact track too. :nod:

Sarah@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 133903)

I thought that too. I love little facts and so the fact track keeps me well entertained! The film itself is great though so even if you're not an extras-person it's still well worth getting hold of!

CC-UK 8th March 2011 01:51 PM

Really really looking forward to this one.
Once again .. well done the Shameless crew.:clap:

Sarah@Cult Labs 9th March 2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CC-UK (Post 133925)
Really really looking forward to this one.
Once again .. well done the Shameless crew.:clap:

They're just happy it's being met with such enthusiasm! Really is looking like a great release and less than three weeks to go!

Paul@TheOverlook 9th March 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 133903)
Fantastic package. :clap:

You'll be happy to know--if you don't already--that Justin really knows his stuff. You're in for a great read.

Jonny 9th March 2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 134161)
You'll be happy to know--if you don't already--that Justin really knows his stuff. You're in for a great read.

Yeah, Justin (FilmBar70) is the most knowledgeable guy I know when it comes to Edwige Fenech. Fans old and new won't be disappointed by his input.

trench 9th March 2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonny (Post 134163)
Yeah, Justin (FilmBar70) is the most knowledgeable guy I know when it comes to Edwige Fenech. Fans old and new won't be disappointed by his input.

How's her name pronounced? I'm pretty sure it's 'ed-wee-jay fen-eck', but I can't remember off-hand. Also I'm not even entirely sure that is how it's pronounced!

Paul@TheOverlook 9th March 2011 01:22 PM

I’m pretty sure it’s Ed-Widge Fen-esh. At least that's how I pronounce it :)

Jonny 9th March 2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 134186)
I’m pretty sure it’s Ed-Widge Fen-esh. At least that's how I pronounce it :)

It's Fen-eck or Fen-ick mate. At least that's how the Italians say it in interviews and news clips I've seen on DVDs and online clips.

Paul@TheOverlook 9th March 2011 01:33 PM

I consider myself corrected, sir! :D

trench 9th March 2011 01:40 PM

Cheers lads.

Paul@TheOverlook 9th March 2011 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trench (Post 134191)
Cheers lads.

Sorry to have misled you, Trench :D

Filmbar70 9th March 2011 01:51 PM

Ed-weej Fen-ek - the weej sorta glides out French style (almost jz), while the -ek is very clipped. The issue certainly is not helped by the common Italian mispronunciation of Ed-weeja...

Filmbar70 9th March 2011 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filmbar70 (Post 134198)
Ed-weej Fen-ek - the weej sorta glides out French style (almost jz), while the -ek is very clipped. The issue certainly is not helped by the common Italian mispronunciation of Ed-weeja...

weej is a bit like how you would pronounce Ouija board - without the ee (a) sound at the end. And the board.

trench 9th March 2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 134195)
Sorry to have misled you, Trench :D

Haha, Jonny had posted again by the time I'd returned to see if there was any clarification. And thanks Filmbar70 for the further clarification.

Filmbar70 9th March 2011 03:25 PM

What a naughty Paul. Sorry Jonny - didn't see your post...

Paul@TheOverlook 9th March 2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filmbar70 (Post 134221)

Sorry, we can't all be cunning linguists like you, Justin :D

Jonny 9th March 2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filmbar70 (Post 134221)

Hey no sweat mate. BTW and slightly OT I just picked up the Edwige shirts from the screen printers (yours is put aside for you)...

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...d/ea972002.jpg

Filmbar70 11th March 2011 07:59 AM

Oh - snazzy Sir! Does it come with complimentary goat?

Paul@TheOverlook 11th March 2011 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filmbar70 (Post 134650)
Oh - snazzy Sir! Does it come with complimentary goat?

I'm sure a man like you would already have your own, Justin :D

JAMIOUSE 15th March 2011 08:53 PM

Is there any chance of the full DVD specs yet Sarah?

Sarah@Cult Labs 15th March 2011 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE (Post 135892)
Is there any chance of the full DVD specs yet Sarah?

First post of this thread has all the specs listed, Jamiouse. :)

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

JAMIOUSE 23rd March 2011 08:02 PM

Is Mrs Wardh definetly out on the 28th Sarah? I haven't seen any reviews for it yet.

Nemesis 23rd March 2011 08:05 PM

My copy got dispatched from HMV this morning, so it's looking good.

JAMIOUSE 23rd March 2011 09:12 PM

Oh good, it's very odd not seeing any reviews posted yet and it isn't listed on the PR companies site either.

Sarah@Cult Labs 24th March 2011 08:50 AM

I'm not sure that The Associates are handling the PR for this release beyond Cult Labs which is why it's not there.

Not sure who's had responsibility for sending out review copies but I know I've seen no reviews yet. I'll set up a thread so that when reviews go up people can post them.

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk

Splatterdragon73 27th March 2011 10:04 AM

I've got waaaay too many other DVD and BR titles to buy at the mo so i'll be holding off buying TSVOMW until the price drops like with all other Shameless releases. Certainly a strong enough package there and i'll no doubt have a copy when the time is right.
Nice job, Shameless!:)

bdc 27th March 2011 10:24 AM

I'm expecting mine to arrive next week... :)

TwilightZoneTom@Cult Labs 29th March 2011 07:27 AM

Amazon seemed to send this out early. I got my copy last Friday. Hopefully be giving it a spin tonight.

Mojo 1st April 2011 03:21 PM

Watched this last night and was well impressed.

An excellent giallo and a fabulous looking print from Shameless :nod:

Stephen@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 03:56 PM

Got my copy this morning. Looking forward to giving it a spin. Not sure which artwork I'm going with yet. I'm leaning towards the NEXT artwork.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 140189)
Got my copy this morning. Looking forward to giving it a spin. Not sure which artwork I'm going with yet. I'm leaning towards the NEXT artwork.

Me too - I'm also displaying NEXT! Not the best alternative title, but a great alternative cover.

bdc 1st April 2011 07:34 PM

I also received mine,will be watching Martino's giallo again this weekend I think. ;)

Did notice already that nothing was done about the old Shameless trailer park (which I suggested to be improved)...

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 07:48 PM

Mine arrived today.Nice to get a yellow box through the door again!

Now nicely displaying that excellent NEXT! artwork.:cool:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 10:57 AM

I have my copy, which I'll hopefully watch this evening. As I haven't seen it before, I've tried to avoid the trailers and other information so will be pretty much going in blind.

I'm sticking with the original artwork for the time being, but may switch to Next! if the mood takes me. Oddly, that's the title of film is listed under at the IMDb.

unclefred 5th April 2011 10:33 PM

I'm sure disappointed to see it selling for $44 over here. After all that waiting too...I guess it'll be The Mya disk after all. I'm envious!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 6th April 2011 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclefred (Post 141031)
I'm sure disappointed to see it selling for $44 over here. After all that waiting too...I guess it'll be The Mya disk after all. I'm envious!

Could you buy it from a UK based retailer such as Play.com or Amazon.co.uk?

bdc 6th April 2011 07:07 PM

Play doesn't ship to the US I think,so maybe Amazon UK?

unclefred 8th April 2011 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 141064)
Could you buy it from a UK based retailer such as Play.com or Amazon.co.uk?

Thanks for waking me up! I got it coming from Amazon UK , the shipping is cheap, I was surprised. I quit ordering from outside the US after having some problems with Canada a few years back.. Time to get current, I guess.