Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2011, 12:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Default SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh: The Technical Debate

Am quite excited about this release, but wondering if the transfer is the same as the NoShame disc's. Any insight on that, Sarah?
Old 8th March 2011, 09:13 AM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I shall try to find out an answer to this ASAP!

In the meantime, let this thread be dedicated to anything to do with the technical aspects of The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh!
Old 8th March 2011, 03:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Am quite excited about this release, but wondering if the transfer is the same as the NoShame disc's. Any insight on that, Sarah?
Hi bgart13. Haven't seen the final product, but the Shameless release is sourced from PAL materials, so will not prone to the horrid standards conversion issues (streaking ect) that plagued the NoShame / Mya release. What I did see looked great - hitherto unseen details were revealed! I'm sure the quality of the final product will exceed any Eng friendly release thus far. Great news for Fenechphiles!
Old 8th March 2011, 06:35 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Oooh, my post got to start a new thread! I feel honored. Heh heh. And thanks for posting, Sarah. Filmbar70 -- I hope you're right. Here's an idea for Shameless (feel free to use it ) -- a Sergio Martino blu-ray set.
Old 8th March 2011, 11:32 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmbar70 View Post
Hi bgart13. Haven't seen the final product, but the Shameless release is sourced from PAL materials, so will not prone to the horrid standards conversion issues (streaking ect) that plagued the NoShame / Mya release. What I did see looked great - hitherto unseen details were revealed! I'm sure the quality of the final product will exceed any Eng friendly release thus far. Great news for Fenechphiles!
Thanks, Filmbar!

Sent from my HTC Tattoo using Tapatalk
Old 9th March 2011, 12:19 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Oooh, my post got to start a new thread! I feel honored. Heh heh. And thanks for posting, Sarah. Filmbar70 -- I hope you're right.
I might add that Shameless have told me it's one of the best SD transfers they've ever seen - a very, very good master!

Plus, as Filmbar mentioned, PAL mastering is inherently superior to NTSC so this is shaping up to be an excellent looking release!
Old 9th March 2011, 03:07 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah@Cult Labs View Post
I might add that Shameless have told me it's one of the best SD transfers they've ever seen - a very, very good master!

Plus, as Filmbar mentioned, PAL mastering is inherently superior to NTSC so this is shaping up to be an excellent looking release!
As the SD quality is that good any possible future HD release then?

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 9th March 2011, 03:10 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by antmumford View Post
As the SD quality is that good any possible future HD release then?
Not for the forseeable future. I'm not sure a HD master exists and, with Shameless being such as small company, they can't afford to produce one for a title that would sell in such comparatively small numbers.
Old 9th March 2011, 03:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Not for the forseeable future. I'm not sure a HD master exists and, with Shameless being such as small company, they can't afford to produce one for a title that would sell in such comparatively small numbers.
A good and fair point Sarah, was worth an ask though. It's just I'm trying to save money and stick to only collecting the BD's, would have been nice in the collection. Wishful thinking but I don't doubt for 1 second that Shameless have some spectacular future HD releases after the announcement of Cannibal Holocaust.

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 15th March 2011, 11:50 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
SD?

Quote:
Guess I'll wait for reviews at this point. I'm sure it'll look good, but I don't know if the upgrade will be worth it for me. I'm in no hurry to double-dip on everything I own. And no insult intended towards Shameless, just that the lack of a significant jump in PQ is enough to have me wait. I'm sure it'll be nice, though!

Like this? Share it using the links below!