Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The Strange Vice of Mrs. Wardh (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh: How You Discovered It (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/strange-vice-mrs-wardh/4885-sham030-strange-vice-mrs-wardh-how-you-discovered.html)

Sarah@Cult Labs 8th March 2011 08:18 AM

SHAM030 - The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh: How You Discovered It

How did you discover The Strange Vice of Mrs Wardh or are you yet to discover it?

Share how you first found the film here!

mr 420 8th March 2011 10:26 AM

Is this the one in which she likes to roll around on broken glass? If so, I've been waiting to see this for a long time now.:nod:

damek 10th March 2011 11:51 AM

I have it as Blade of the Ripper, and I can't remember anything of it.

pencilface 28th May 2011 02:42 PM

One of my favourite Giallos - i grabbed a cheapo Thai DVD of it a while back.

It (like all Martino ones that I've seen) delivers exactly what i want from the genre: Confoundingly confusing plot, a twist you could never guess, sleaze and some awesome cinematography.

Looks like i better nab this Shameless edition.

I still prefer "All The Colors of the Dark" though- - it has all the above plus a satanic element.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 28th May 2011 04:24 PM

I had bought it on the No Shame label when I went on a Martino shopping spree,but foolishly never watched it all the way through before trading it.

When I get round to watching the Shameless disc it will be my first time.

Bringer Of Funerals 28th May 2011 04:45 PM

I haven't seen it

Splatterdragon73 29th May 2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 153869)
I had bought it on the No Shame label when I went on a Martino shopping spree,but foolishly never watched it all the way through before trading it.

When I get round to watching the Shameless disc it will be my first time.

I also snapped up the above NS DVD some time back when i went on a spending spree buying a fair few of the late label's titles. A cavalcade of cop thrillers and Gialli among other efforts and they're all still sealed!

Subsequently, Mya Communication's edition under the Blade Of The Ripper moniker was eventually picked up by yours truly. Another DVD boxed up back at the flat!

I intend to grab the Shameless version a.s.a.p. and like yourself, viewing this release will be my first exposure to Sergio Martino's popular slasher.:)

evbear 4th June 2011 10:39 AM

Late one night after too manys drinks, not a good combination.

mlock76 11th June 2013 01:06 PM

I have it in my possession, but have yet to see it. Been on a bit of a "giallo" kick lately though. Just a matter of time...

mlock76 12th June 2013 01:00 PM

Update:
Just finished watching it for the first time. Did a double feature with Don't Torture A Duckling. :tongue1: I thought it was great! Better than Strip Nude for Your Killer imo. Now if Shameless could just release a blu ray...

Daemonia 12th June 2013 02:34 PM

A Blu of this would be fantastic, but not sure if it would be a finanically viable proposition.

BTW - where did Sarah go? She hasn't posted since last year...?

JAMIOUSE 12th June 2013 08:05 PM

Very long holiday?

PaulD 12th June 2013 08:12 PM

She's still active on Twitter and does Fetch Publicity stuff on there.

JAMIOUSE 12th June 2013 08:50 PM

Must be case of nothing to report so keeps quiet. It would be nice if Sarah or Shameless posted us an update on what's happening and tease a few upcoming titles.

Make Them Die Slowly 12th June 2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 346771)
She's still active on Twitter and does Fetch Publicity stuff on there.

The Chevy Chase films?:

As to the film, I was totally underwhelmed by it after reading so many great things about it. Then again, I do think that the giallo genre is just Midsomer Murders for hipsters, so what do I know.:tongue1:

PaulD 12th June 2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 346792)
The Chevy Chase films?:

As to the film, I was totally underwhelmed by it after reading so many great things about it. Then again, I do think that the giallo genre is just Midsomer Murders for hipsters, so what do I know.:tongue1:

Love it!

Beyond72 14th June 2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly (Post 346792)
The Chevy Chase films?:

Midsomer Murders isn't amusingly dubbed, doesn't feature groovy scores, quirky cinematography, beautiful, glamorous women who usually get naked before ending up graphically dispatched etc etc.

mlock76 20th July 2013 08:32 AM

With my luck, I'll order the DVD of Mrs. Wardh and Shameless will announce a blu ray release a week later :doh:. If any of you folks from Shameless see this, I'm just teasing, but if that's what it takes to get it released on blu, I will gladly "take the bullet"! ;)