Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th May 2018, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Daily Mail supported Mosley. RANK hypocrisy from them ..
just to sell their rag

Watched The Goodies "South Africa" episode. The language no worse than a contemporary Love Thy Neighbour episode. They say in the comm that the Beeb harumphed and made them rewrite part of it. Tbh there was a lot in this series to "cause concern" ... Bill being hung during a sketch etc . Kids show cough.
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 22nd July 2018, 05:27 AM
Cult Master

Mamma Mia's songs get a PC makeover to remove hints of inappropriate relationships | Daily Mail Online

"Tracks rerecorded for this summer’s blockbuster movie, Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, have been altered to remove any hint of inappropriate relationships between young girls and older men.

The biggest change comes in the 1976 song When I Kissed The Teacher, about a female student besotted with her male teacher. Written by the male members of the band, Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, it originally featured the line:
‘One of these days, Gonna tell him I dream of him every night.
One of these days, Gonna show him I care.
Gonna teach him a lesson alright.’
But the film version changes the teacher’s gender and the emphasis:
‘What a mad day, Now I see everything in a different light.
What a mad day, I was up in the air.
And she taught me a lesson alright.’
In another change that may be seen as an effort to make a girl seem less vulnerable and lonely, the ‘bashful child’ in 1977’s The Name Of The Game has become a ‘curious’ one."

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 22nd July 2018, 11:32 AM
Seasoned Cultist

this reminds me when they do this as well to the Famous five books. but i have all the editions from 1978 and are not censored.
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:05 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Zombie View Post
this reminds me when they do this as well to the Famous five books. but i have all the editions from 1978 and are not censored.
They tried changing some of the more 'questionable' text in the Famous Five books in 2010, but sales plummeted, and by 2016 they books were back to how they were written

Adjustments made included changing the words 'tinker' to 'traveller'. 'mother and father' to 'mum and dad', and 'awful swotter' to 'bookworm'. The suggestion that tomboy George needed 'a good spanking' became 'a good talking to', while girly Anne saying, 'You see, I do like pretty frocks — and I love my dolls — and you can’t do that if you’re a boy' had its final clause removed, rendering the sentence throwaway rather than poignant

Alternations were also made to the Enid Blyton story 'The Magic Faraway Tree' when the characters 'Fanny' and 'Dick' became 'Frannie' and 'Rick' and the school teacher 'Dame Slap' became 'Dame Snap'!

Old 22nd July 2018, 01:32 PM
Seasoned Cultist

i am glad they were a flop. i don't like the idea at all of people trying to rewrite history.
Old 16th September 2018, 03:44 PM
Cult Master

Not so much censoring as banning outright!

'The BBC banned us but only white liberals and stupid people find the Goodies offensive': Twelve million viewers watched them do the Funky Gibbon at their peak (and one even laughed himself to death). But you won’t find the Goodies on TV today – and that makes them VERY angry... | Daily Mail

Old 16th September 2018, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Beeb flipflop once more? Shocked I ain't . Still should push up the sales

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th September 2018, 09:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
The Beeb flipflop once more? Shocked I ain't . Still should push up the sales
They don't need pushing up the sales. The limited editions sold out in about five minutes.
Old 16th September 2018, 10:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Ach well then. Plenty of folk still want to see it then...

Just perusing this Funnyman BD. The 'Saville' bit is still in it. Interesting.

[B]
Old 8th March 2019, 06:27 PM
Cult Master

'The Simpsons' is pulling its Michael Jackson episode | CNN

"In light of the controversial "Leaving Neverland" documentary, "The Simpsons" is yanking one of its classic episodes featuring Michael Jackson.

According to the Wall Street Journal, the show is removing the 1991 episode titled "Stark Raving Dad" which featured Jackson's voice as a character named Leon Kompowsky, a patient Homer Simpson meets in a mental institution who claims to be the singer.

The episode has been a fan favorite since it debuted, giving the world an earworm in the form of a birthday song Jackson sings to the Lisa Simpson character.

But "Simpsons" longtime executive producer James L. Brooks told the publication that in light of the disturbing claims made in the HBO documentary, pulling the episode "feels clearly the only choice to make." "The guys I work with -- where we spend our lives arguing over jokes -- were of one mind on this".

He said the "Simpsons" producers are taking steps to remove the episode from all platforms including on television, streaming services and Blu-ray/DVD box sets.

"This was a treasured episode. There are a lot of great memories we have wrapped up in that one, and this certainly doesn't allow them to remain."

"I'm against book burning of any kind, but this is our book, and we're allowed to take out a chapter.""

Like this? Share it using the links below!