All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree214Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th January 2013, 01:58 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
at time's I feel you make thinly vailed attacks at what you dislike simply to get a reaction, and I hate that in all people.
This is in your head. You are projecting onto me. I have had enough of it.

Stop presuming, read what I say, stop knee jerk reacting, stop picking on me.

I have really had enough.

This was most interesting: "don't comment if not asked"

Ladies and gentlemen, here is your censor.

I am not allowed to say what I want on a (semi) public forum about film and TV. I rest my case.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself, Hawkmonger. And be honest about how unreasonable you are.
Old 26th January 2013, 02:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

the conversation has derailed so much I don't want to join in now!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 26th January 2013, 02:08 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
This is in your head. You are projecting onto me. I have had enough of it.

Stop presuming, read what I say, stop knee jerk reacting, stop picking on me.

I have really had enough.

This was most interesting: "don't comment if not asked"

Ladies and gentlemen, here is your censor.

I am not allowed to say what I want on a (semi) public forum about film and TV. I rest my case.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself, Hawkmonger. And be honest about how unreasonable you are.
Oh my. You really are taking this abit to much to heart. I'm not bullying you, I pointed out that you made a commetn irrelivent to the topic. I might have gone OTT on my analysis of such, but thats my fault and I apologies. But do you or do you not agree that you described 70's sitcomes (for the most part as) as 'dreadful' and that they should be presurved solely as 'a sign of how far we have come'? Not really anything to do with the matter at hand is it? Just my two pence, I didn't like the direction you where trying to take the conversation, I made a stand, you shot me down, i'm stopping this before one or both of us get in trouble. I have no desire to antagonise you, but when you spout such pompus drivel I find it hard not to complain.
Old 26th January 2013, 02:11 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I have emailed Admin. I am gone.

Thanks for everything over the years. Hopefully the tone of the forum may improve one day.
Old 26th January 2013, 02:13 PM
Cult Addict

Oh for the love of, people, can anyone see where I offended this man personaly?
Old 26th January 2013, 02:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I think you need to think before you post more Hawk. When Goji was slating one of my favourite films from my younger days(The Lost Boys), which he is well within his rights to do, it's his opinion and although I don't agree, I respect his view on it , I responded by creating a post full of stills from said film and dedicated that post to him, all in a lighthearted manner.
If you don't agree with somebodies opinion because it differs from yours then being on a forum like this is completely pointless, no offence but I've noticed you making thinly veiled attacks at Goji for awhile now and it's not on
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 26th January 2013, 02:34 PM
Cult Master

Quote:

Thanks for everything over the years. Hopefully the tone of the forum may improve one day.
Dont do anything on the spur of the moment man. Last thing we need is one more great and regular poster leaving us. Maybe take a timeout if you must but dont leave for good.
Rik and Demdike@Cult Labs like this.
Old 26th January 2013, 02:43 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:

Shame if you feel you have to leave. On the other hand - tone of the forum? As far as I know only one person has been on your case, not the entire forum itself. I do hope you'll reconsider and see that the forums are much more than one, single antagonistic individual (I'm not siding with anyone here, before Hawkmonger thinks otherwise, I'm just pointing out that it's necessary to see that there's a wide variety of wonderful people posting here, don't focus on the one, single negative).
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.

Last edited by Daemonia; 26th January 2013 at 02:56 PM.
Old 26th January 2013, 03:32 PM
Cult Addict

Please people, dont look at me as the aggresive one here, in fact neither of us where. I didn't like where Goji-kun was going with his initial post, if he wanted to make a thread about why he dislikes 70's sitcoms then he could do so and I would argue my case there. But this is not the thread to discuss such things, that is why I objected, not because of WHAT he said, but WHERE.
Old 26th January 2013, 03:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Guys, guys, take a chill pill and relax a moment.
You both have valid viewpoints, they just differ, that's all. As many have said if we all liked the same stuff it would be boring. Sometimes we all have a bad day (week, month, year!) then when we read something we dislike we snap back and can come across as personal and nasty. Mostly we don't mean to, sometimes we're just trying (and failing) to be amusing.
Earlier on PaulD "called bullshit on my Baa baa rainbow sheep story". I could have jumped in all guns blazing but....why? Life is too short. If it hadn't happened and I heard someone else say it I might have had the same reaction as him. He then googled and had the decency to say he was wrong. Fair play to him, he could have just kept the info to himself.
You both seem erudite worthy members with much to offer, it would be a loss to the forum to lose either of you.
C'mon guys, shake hands and move on.

Like this? Share it using the links below!