Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Any How I Met Your Mother Fans Out There? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/10603-any-how-i-met-your-mother-fans-out-there.html)

Bringer Of Funerals 5th March 2013 12:29 PM

Any How I Met Your Mother Fans Out There?

Ive been a late comer to this series (and still have to sit and watch one all the way through) but from what I've seen it looks OK. With it starring Jason Segel & Alyson Hannigan I thought it can't be that bad because they wouldn't sign on to star in any shit (or would they?).

Its also gone on for 8 seasons. So is there any fans out there?

Rik 5th March 2013 12:32 PM

I love it, I've watched it since the first series all those years ago. Barney is legen.....wait for it.....dary!

Justin101 5th March 2013 12:57 PM

I LOVED it, however it's starting to get really bad in my opinion - we still don't know who the Mother is, yet we're teased about almost every episode, Marshall and Lily have turned into pure slapstick and Ted is just a massive moaner, if it wasn't for Barney and Robin it would be a train-wreck. I've found it increasingly hard to get involved in the current season and I believe next season is the finale and we finally meet Ted's wife.

I just don't know that I care any more though.

So in Summary, Season 1-6 were Legen - wait for it - dary, Season 7 was pretty good and Season 8 has been embarrassing!

SoilZero 5th March 2013 05:31 PM

I've been a big fan (I even bought the album of music from the show) although I must confess I haven't seen anything past Season 5. I swear I will catch up one day, but I've just got too much other stuff to watch these days, its fallen to the wayside.

Stephen@Cult Labs 5th March 2013 05:38 PM

I refused to watch it because I thought it looked terrible. Then last year I caught an episode. Now I've seen them all. Sonofabitch! :D

SoilZero 5th March 2013 05:44 PM

That's pretty much what happened with me. I couldn't find the remote and ended up getting drawn into an episode. Before I knew it I had every series available at the time on dvd and the next on pre-order.

Same damn thing happened with Scrubs and Seinfeld as well.

Bringer Of Funerals 5th March 2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoilZero (Post 325764)
Same damn thing happened with Scrubs

ive done a thread on Scrubs

Rik 5th March 2013 06:16 PM

Never been able to get into Scrubs, despite trying many times

Hawkmonger 6th March 2013 11:00 AM

I was never able to get into either Scrob or HIMYM despite numerous attempts. Not my cuppo tea, i'm afraid.

Demoncrat 6th March 2013 11:15 AM

Really? I may be leaving then. I came on here to talk about C U L T cinema. Not mainstream drivel, I get enough of that at work etc.:mmph:

no offence intended.