Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree784Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd September 2021, 09:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apparently Nia Jax is taking time off for a injury:

During a match between Nia and Shayna Baszler, Shayna stomped on Nia's arm and maybe breaking it...how many wrestlers has Nia injured, think or hope Karma has come back on Nia.
Old 23rd September 2021, 05:09 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
According to reports, Warrior threatened a no show for SumerSlam 1991 as he felt his fee for Wrestlemania VII wasn't sufficient and he should get paid more for his merchandise and demanded $500.000. Vince McMahon gladly paid him upfront to ensure he would appear then when he got backstage he was released, Warrior would return for Wrerstlemania 8.
I don't think Vinnie Mac was glad about this!

I think he was seething about being blackmailed!!
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd September 2021, 06:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
I don't think Vinnie Mac was glad about this!

I think he was seething about being blackmailed!!
Vince said in a interview that it felt like Warrior put a gun to his head and was happy to fire him and tell him why he was doing it, other wrestlers have stated they have had payoffs that weren't right and discussed it with Vince and came to a agreement but Warrior had to be different.
Old 23rd September 2021, 08:14 AM
Cult Master

Have you seen the DVD release 'The Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior'?

It certainly doesn't show him in a good light!

That's why it came as such a surprise to many when he was inducted into the Hall Of Fame in 2014
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 23rd September 2021, 02:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Have you seen the DVD release 'The Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior'?

It certainly doesn't show him in a good light!

That's why it came as such a surprise to many when he was inducted into the Hall Of Fame in 2014
Yeah it certainly didn't paint a great picture of him, found a full bio of him, will post it later when I'm at work
Old 23rd September 2021, 05:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

As mentioned above, a biography of The Ultimate Warrior.

Old 27th September 2021, 07:59 PM
Cult Master

The results from the 2021 Extreme Rules PPV

SPOILER:
  • In a 6 man tag-team match, The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston and Xavier Woods) defeated Bobby Lashley, AJ Styles, and Omos by pinfall
  • In a Tag Team match for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship, The Usos (Jey Uso and Jimmy Uso) defeated The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) by pinfall to retain the title
  • In a singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship, Charlotte Flair defeated Alexa Bliss by pinfall to retain the title
  • In a Triple Threat match for the WWE United States Championship, Damian Priest defeated Jeff Hardy and Sheamus by pinfall to retain the title
  • In a singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship between Becky Lynch and Bianca Belair, interference from Sasha Banks resulted in the match being declared a no contest, so Lynch retained the title
  • In the only extreme rules match of the evening, which was for the WWE Universal Championship, Roman Reigns (with Paul Heyman) defeated 'The Demon' Finn Balor by pinfall to retain the championship

The next PPV is due to be 'Crown Jewel' which is being held on October 21th in Saudi Arabia. The only announced match at time of writing is Roman Reigns (with Paul Heyman) vs. Brock Lesnar for the WWE Universal Championship

MrBarlow likes this.

Old 29th September 2021, 05:54 AM
Cult Master

Exclusive: WWE Planning Major UK PPV For September 2022 / What Culture

"...A source has informed us that WWE currently has plans to run a major PPV in the UK next September. Not just that, but Vince McMahon's sports entertainment juggernaut is looking to make this a stadium show and is targeting an attendance of somewhere in the region of 90,000 fans if possible.

Of course, WWE's annual SummerSlam spectacular takes place every August. Given how next year marks 30 years since SummerSlam emanated from London's Wembley Stadium, logic would suggest that this 'September' show could well end up being a SummerSlam PPV that nicely ties into the 30-year anniversary of one of WWE's most beloved PPVs.

In addition to the PPV itself, our source told us that these tentative plans also involve a fan event over the weekend of the show, and a Raw taping the Monday after this PPV."

30th anniversary WWE have been working on bringing SummerSlam to Principality Stadium in Cardiff / Talk Sport

"WWE looks like it’s finally bringing a big show back to the UK in 2022.

talkSPORT understands that hosting SummerSlam in the UK – on the 30th anniversary of the 1992 iteration – is in the works, but perhaps not at Wembley like most people would expect.

Cardiff’s Principality Stadium is in the running to hold the event and they’ve been exploring on that venue for a number of months.

It’s believed the retractable roof is an attractive feature. The venue can hold 74,500 people, but Anthony Joshua fought in front of 78,000 when he battled Carlos Takam back in 2017, a layout more closely linked to wrestling.

Sources tell talkSPORT that although it’s WWE’s preferred venue, nothing is final right now. It’s even possible that WWE will hold a stadium show in the UK that isn’t SummerSlam."
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 29th September 2021, 07:23 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Reading that about SummerSlam being held in Wembley 30 years ago really makes me feel old would this be Vince bringing back the European tours again?
Old 29th September 2021, 08:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can the man who told us to train, say our prayers and take our vitamins be a liar??

Susan Foreman and trebor8273 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!