Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree783Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2022, 12:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

During 1992 WWF were loosing their audiences and Vince McMahon was informed that the U.K had a growing popularity and staged Summerslam 1992 at Wembley Stadium. Originally took place on Saturday 29th August (was not aired till 31st) estimated 80.000 were in attendance. Although everything seemed to be going well, behind the scenes there was problems.

Hawk was heavily intoxicated during the match with Money Inc. that Vince reprimanded Hawk and had to change things around as Hawk would never be able to do their "Doomsday" finisher and at times seem to stumble a lot.

Before Summerslam Bret has said he tried to get in touch with Davey but couldn't, only to catch up with him in London, the night before the big event, Davey admitted to be smoking crack with The Anvil, minutes in to the match Davey said "Bret I'm Fooked" so Bret had to carry the whole match calling out spots for them to do.

The Macho Man vs Ultimate Warrior match, which corner will Mr Perfect be in, this was set up that Mr Perfect would align with the Ultimate Warrior and he would turn heel. At the last minute Jim Hellwig changed it and would not turn heel as it would be bad for the Warrior image and fan base that the character had built up.

Weeks after Summerslam Kerry Von Erich, Ultimate Warrior, Davey Boy and Hawk, were released by the company for wellness violations
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 29th August 2022, 03:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A planned match that never happened.

Hulk Hogan Vs Jake "The Snake Roberts".

During The era of WWF and "The Snake Pit" Hogan was a special guest appearance.

Jake and Hulk were to start a feud, which meant Jake would get a big push and compete for the belt as he knew he can make "Big Money". During the course of the segment, Jake gave Hogan his traditional DDT and went back stage. Hogan was to get up, Rip off his vest and "Hulk Up",

Jake Said “I walk off the set to the back, Vince grabs me and hugs me, ‘oh Jake this is going to be magnificent! Oh God, the money you guys are going to make.’” “We’re talking about going straight to the bank with all of this. Jake, thank you.’ And he shakes my hand. We stand there and we stand there. Then Vince starts to look around like what the hell is going on. He looks out, Hogan’s waiting for the people to start chanting. The people did. They started chanting, ‘DDT, DDT’. And Vince went, ‘you’re screwed’. ‘What do you mean I’m screwed?’ He goes, ‘that’s not what we want.”

There was some house shows done, the arena's they went to were sold out but the company weren't interested in sell out but more marketing the feud and the crowd were behind Jake and not the top wrestler so the angle was dropped.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hhjr-2.jpg (44.7 KB, 32 views)
Susan Foreman likes this.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 29th August 2022 at 04:01 AM.
Old 29th August 2022, 04:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Slap that was heard 'round the world

Old 30th August 2022, 02:49 PM
Cult Master

20 years after this classic backstage moment...

...and Edge does it again!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Edge, Kurt Boards.jpg (73.9 KB, 29 views)
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 31st August 2022, 08:16 AM
Thompson

Roman Reigns hasn't been pinned or submitted since he became the WWE Universal Champion, over 2 years ago.

That's incredible!

I honestly think the Women's Tag Team Championship match should have been held on Saturday. I'm kind of surprised about Bayley's new stable losing on Monday. If WWE wants to build up momentum for them, that was a pointless loss.
Old 31st August 2022, 09:51 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson View Post
Roman Reigns hasn't been pinned or submitted since he became the WWE Universal Champion, over 2 years ago.

That's incredible!

I honestly think the Women's Tag Team Championship match should have been held on Saturday. I'm kind of surprised about Bayley's new stable losing on Monday. If WWE wants to build up momentum for them, that was a pointless loss.
nope! Reigns is overrated and a medicore wrestler at best, he is one of the problems with WWE at the moment most of his matches are boring and 90% of the time he wins because of his cousins.

so many better wrestlers that WWE had that never got a chance. with any luck with triple h in charge this will change.
also its not like he wrestles week after week

Last edited by trebor8273; 31st August 2022 at 10:13 AM.
Old 1st September 2022, 04:22 PM
Cult Master

Confirmed

Strowman is coming back!
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 1st September 2022, 11:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thompson View Post

That's incredible
!
There has been chatter going on that Roman may loose at Clash At The Castle
Old 2nd September 2022, 07:26 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Apparently Bray Wyatt is set to make a comeback to the WWE soon but no date has been confirmed as of yet
Rumour has it... it will be at 'Clash At The Castle' where he will interfere with the Reigns / McIntyre match
trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Old 3rd September 2022, 05:02 PM
Cult Master

'Clash At The Castle'

Apparently there are a lot of empty seats, with tickets being sold for £22 on Thursday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clash At The Castle 2022.jpg (99.4 KB, 18 views)

Like this? Share it using the links below!