Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree779Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st January 2023, 11:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A.J. Styles suffered a ankle injury last Thursday at a event in Hershey, Pennsylvania and has now confirmed his ankle is broken and will miss out in the up and coming Royal Rumble.
Old 4th January 2023, 11:44 AM
Cult Master

If Wish .com owned the WWF!

Personally, I would happily pay 10x that to see Rock Steadfast in the flesh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic234 - wish .com WWF.jpg (75.6 KB, 27 views)
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 5th January 2023, 11:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The 9 Lives Of Vince McMahon

A documentary of WWE Chairman Vince from his childhood to being the owner of the biggest sports entertainment. Interviews were taken from those who participated in the Dark Side Of The Ring episodes.

Vince did have 9 lives, faced with accusations from a female referee who said she had to perform a sexual act to get a $1 million dollar contract, basing his savings a reputation on Wrestlemania being a success.

The slap heard round the world with David Schultz and John Stossel, a investigation by ABC and David being told to stay in character and slapped the journalist that lead to David being fired and a big payout to the journalist.

The Jimmy Snuka murder of Nancy Argentina and how many thought Vince had paid off people as Snuka was a popular wrestler. The steroid trial with Vince wearing a neck brace and those thought he was going for a sympathy vote.

The 1997 Survivor Series that became famous for the final match between Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart that the aftermath Vince was going for a way of claiming Bret had back stabbed the company.

Another incident in Over The Top in Kansas with the death of Owen Hart and many suspect corners were cut, how the show was allowed to continue and how Vince wanted wanted the investigation to be transferred back to Connecticut and wouldn't be facing a full investigation.

When the Monday night rating wars were happening with WCW, WWF were almost into ruin and talent going to Eric Bischoff, Vince created the Attitude era that saved his company that helped him win and purchase the company.

In 2007 with the death of Eddie Guerro, Vince took a chance to exploit his death with a promo between Randy Orton and Rey Mysterio claiming Eddie was in hell and the backlash from fans and other wrestlers. After that Chris Benoit died and how it came out what had happened, Vince went on t.v. and spoke about the steroids and the look into CTE.

In 2006 while in Miami, Vince went to a tanning salon and asked a staff member to take a photo that he can send to girlfriend in New York. Vince was alleged to have groped the staff member which resulted in a investigation, but when the people learned that the person being accused was Vince McMahon, that investigation was dropped quietly.

In 2022, it was announced Vince was stepping down as chairman after the Wall Street Journal released news that John Laurenitis and Vince had acted inappropriately towards female talent and staff and made silent payouts, Vince's 9 lives ran out. When Vince settled the future of the company hanged in the balance with stock but their stock went up more.

It was stated that Vince McMahon refused to be interviewed for this documentary.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 5th January 2023, 11:46 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The 9 Lives Of Vince McMahon

It was stated that Vince McMahon refused to be interviewed for this documentary.
Bet it mysteriously gets 'cancelled' before it is shown!
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 5th January 2023, 12:12 PM
Cult Master

Rumour has it... this years Money In The Bank PPV will take place at the 02 arena in London on July 1st

Old 5th January 2023, 12:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Bet it mysteriously gets 'cancelled' before it is shown!
I streamed it through Vice via daily motion, there is or was a rumour that vince does not want Dark side of the ring season 4 to be made...he tried that with the first 3 and failed.
Old 6th January 2023, 01:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Apparently Vincent Kennedy McMahon has returned to WWE as a board member, questions have been asked why and Wrestling Observer has speculates that if any sale of the company Vince can stop it, yet if he was to sell the company he will try to benefit from it and stay on as a board member.
Old 6th January 2023, 06:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Apparently Vincent Kennedy McMahon has returned to WWE as a board member, questions have been asked why and Wrestling Observer has speculates that if any sale of the company Vince can stop it, yet if he was to sell the company he will try to benefit from it and stay on as a board member.

WWE board meeting disrupted by mysterious “higher power” / Kayfabe News

"...According to one behind-the-scenes source, who for the sake of anonymity asked to be known only as Stephanie, the “higher power” said he would reveal his identity, but only if WWE legend “Stone Cold” Steve Austin joins the Board too.*

“I have a perfect line but Austin has to be here, quite frankly,” said the figure, who then ordered departing Board members to his puckered ass"
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 11th January 2023, 12:41 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stephanie McMahon has resigned as C0 CEO of WWE Via Twitter

She has written Dear WWE Universe, about 8 months ago I took a leave of absence and within a few weeks unexpectedly had the opportunity of a lifetime, I had the privilege to return as co CEO and chairwoman on the board of WWE. I cannot put into words how proud I am to have lead what I consider to be the greatest company in the world. working alongside a remarkable leadership team and strongest executives I have known in my co CEO Nick Khan. Our founder Vince McMahon has returned as executive chair and is leading a exciting process regarding with Nick and Paul (Triple H) as Chief Concept Officer, I am confident that WWE is in the perfect place to continue creative unparallel content and drive maximum values to share holders. WWE is in a such a strong position That I have decided to return to my leave and take it one step further with my official resignation. I look forward to cheering on WWE from the other side of the business where I started when I was a little kid and pure fan.

it was announced that Vince returned and a few people left, rumour went about that Vinnie was going after Triple H's job/position, and had made a statement that he was thankful that Stephanie stepped in while he was gone.

Stephanie did do a decent job and was always up for promos and took her share of insults from Jericho in the attitude era which brought some good laughs, do wonder if since Vinnie came back and got his feet back under the table has he literally pushed his own daughter out.
Old 11th January 2023, 08:25 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
do wonder if since Vinnie came back and got his feet back under the table has he literally pushed his own daughter out.
Why not? He got rid of his son who why not his daughter as well!
MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!