Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree779Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2023, 02:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Vince is back, Stephanie has resigned and now it looks like WWE has been sold to to a investor in Saudi Arabia. This may be a big game change with their strict laws especially with the LGBT community within WWE.
Old 11th January 2023, 10:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Stephanie McMahon has resigned as C0 CEO of WWE Via Twitter

She has written Dear WWE Universe, about 8 months ago I took a leave of absence and within a few weeks unexpectedly had the opportunity of a lifetime, I had the privilege to return as co CEO and chairwoman on the board of WWE. I cannot put into words how proud I am to have lead what I consider to be the greatest company in the world. working alongside a remarkable leadership team and strongest executives I have known in my co CEO Nick Khan. Our founder Vince McMahon has returned as executive chair and is leading a exciting process regarding with Nick and Paul (Triple H) as Chief Concept Officer, I am confident that WWE is in the perfect place to continue creative unparallel content and drive maximum values to share holders. WWE is in a such a strong position That I have decided to return to my leave and take it one step further with my official resignation. I look forward to cheering on WWE from the other side of the business where I started when I was a little kid and pure fan.

it was announced that Vince returned and a few people left, rumour went about that Vinnie was going after Triple H's job/position, and had made a statement that he was thankful that Stephanie stepped in while he was gone.

Stephanie did do a decent job and was always up for promos and took her share of insults from Jericho in the attitude era which brought some good laughs, do wonder if since Vinnie came back and got his feet back under the table has he literally pushed his own daughter out.
Well that's all the good work that triple H has done down the toilet and everyone will get fired again
Old 11th January 2023, 10:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Vince is back, Stephanie has resigned and now it looks like WWE has been sold to to a investor in Saudi Arabia. This may be a big game change with their strict laws especially with the LGBT community within WWE.
If that's true not good at all with their attitude towards woman and Lgbt community.
Old 11th January 2023, 11:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Well that's all the good work that triple H has done down the toilet and everyone will get fired again
With some of the wrestlers that were sacked, Triple H is slowly bringing them back that a certain someone within the company is not too happy about...makes me wonder who it is
Old 21st January 2023, 10:35 AM
Cult Master

John Cena (left) made his film debut in an unbilled role as a 'gym patron' the 2000 comedy film 'Ready To Rumble'

trebor8273 and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 29th January 2023, 08:29 AM
Cult Master

The results from the 2023 Royal Rumble PPV

SPOILER:
  • The event began with the men's Royal Rumble match, which was the longest match of the evening, lasting for 1:11:42. It was won by Cody Rhodes, who gets a world championship match at WrestleMania 39. The order of entry was: Gunther / Sheamus / The Miz / Kofi Kingston / Johnny Gargano / Xavier Woods / Karrion Kross / Chad Gable / Drew McIntyre / Santos Escobar / Angelo Dawkins / Brock Lesnar / Bobby Lashley / Baron Corbin / Seth Rollins / Otis / Rey Mysterio / Dominik Mysterio / Elias / Finn Balor / Booker T / Damian Priest / Montez Ford / Edge / Austin Theory / Omos / Braun Strowman / Ricochet / Logan Paul / Cody Rhodes
  • Bray Wyatt defeated LA Knight by pinfall in the Mountain Dew Pitch Black match which lasted a shade over 5 minutes. The match was effectively a 'black light' affair, with Knight wearing fluorescent shorts and knee pads and Wyatt using fluorescent face and body paint
  • In a singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship, Bianca Belair retained the title when she defeated Alexa Bliss by pinfall
  • The Woman's Royal Rumble match followed, and lasted for 1:01:03. The winner was Rhea Ripley, who entered in the #1 position, and now has a Woman's Championship Match at WrestleMania 39, The order of entry was: Rhea Ripley / Liv Morgan / Dana Brooke / Emma / Shayna Baszler / Bayley / B-Fab / Roxanne Perez / Dakota Kai / Iyo Sky / Natalya / Candice LeRae / Zoey Stark / Xia Li / Becky Lynch / Tegan Nox / Asuka / Piper Niven / Tamina / Chelsea Green / Zelina Vega / Raquel Rodriguez / Michin / Lacey Evans / Michelle McCool / Indi Hartwell / Sonya Deville / Shotzi / Nikki Cross / Nia Jax
  • In the final match of the event, Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens to remain the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship

Notes:
  • Rey Mysterio was unable to participate in the match after being attacked before he could enter the ring
  • Chelsea Green was eliminated from the Rumble in 4 seconds!
  • The biggest pop of the evening came after the main event when Sami Zayn whacked Roman Reigns with a steel chair
  • On the whole, the event was disappointing, with only the woman's rumble and Reigns / Owens match being anything more than average at best

The next WWE PPV is due to be the 13th Elimination Chamber event which will take place on February 18th at the Bell Centre in Montreal, Canada. This will be the first time that the Elimination Chamber has been held in Canada, and the first major WWE PPV to be held in Montreal since Breaking Point in September 2009
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 1st February 2023, 08:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Hulk Hogan is reportedly paralysed from the waist down after undergoing the 11th back surgery of his career.

The wrestler, 69, has been candid in the past about the amount his body has been put through during the course of his illustrious 35-year wrestling career.

Now, his friend Kurt Angle, has claimed in a podcast that the star – real name Terry Bollea – has lost feeling in his lower body and is forced to walk with a cane.

According to Angle, Hogan underwent an unknown procedure in which nerves from his back were removed. No further details were shared of the operation and it remains to be seen whether he will ever recover the feelings in his legs, or if it is permanent.

He said: “He had the nerves cut from his lower body, he can’t feel his lower body. So, he has to use his cane to walk around.

“I thought he was using the cane because he has pain in his back. He doesn’t have any pain, he has nothing at all. He can’t feel anything.

He continued: “So now he can’t feel his legs. So he has to walk with a cane which is, you know, that’s pretty serious, man.”

In 2021, Hogan admitted to having required a lot of medical attention over the years, saying: “My knees are fake, hips are fake, back is full of metal and part of my face is full of metal.”

The Standard has contacted a representative for Hulk Hogan for comment
Old 2nd February 2023, 07:17 PM
Cult Master

Former WWE star "The Genius" Lanny Poffo has passed away / Wrestling News

MrBarlow likes this.

Old 2nd February 2023, 07:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Aww that's sad he has passed away, the way he would look when he read his poems was a laugh. Always got a laugh when watching Royal Rumble 1992 when managing The Beverly Brothers and slapping The Bush Bushwackers manager Jamison. At least he is with Randy now R.I.P Lanny
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 8th February 2023, 05:20 PM
Cult Master

Jerry 'The King' has been hospitalised following a stroke

WWE legend Jerry 'The King' Lawler in 'very serious' condition in hospital / The Mirror

Jim Ross & others with positive updates on Jerry Lawler / Cage Side Seats

MrBarlow likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!