Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree783Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th November 2014, 01:27 PM
Cult Master

Sting (the wrestler, not the singer) made his WWE debut at Survivor Series, helping Team Cena defeat The Authority

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 24th November 2014, 08:22 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Not into wrestling but picked up "Beyond the Mat" for a quid in Oxfam. Looks interesting.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 24th November 2014, 08:52 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Not into wrestling but picked up "Beyond the Mat" for a quid in Oxfam. Looks interesting.
Its a very interesting watch even if your not a fan of wrestling. Seeing how far people will push their bodies to entertain. All we see is the ham acting and "fake" fights but behind the scenes its a very dark and lonely place for the people that dedicate their lives to this form of entertainment.
Old 24th November 2014, 11:14 PM
Cult Master

I agree

'Beyond The Mat' is a fascinating (and ultimately depressing) documentary. For someone who admits that he is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Not into wrestling
watch the footage of Mick Foley (AKA Mankind) during the Hell In A Cell match ("King Of The Ring" 1998) and the I Quit match ("Royal Rumble" 1999) for some truly chilling action, and then say that wrestling is fake!!!!!

*Note - you have not said it is fake, but these clips show that the violence is real

**Note - the opponent in the I Quit match is The Rock, now (more commonly) known as Dwayne Johnson

Old 24th November 2014, 11:27 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Haven't kept up with wrestling for about 10 years but just watched Stings WWE debut and it brings back memories!

Beyond the Mat is a a good doc. Can be depressing though, yes. Good to see Jake Roberts doing better, saw a few videos from DDP yoga a while back.
Old 1st March 2015, 09:12 AM
Cult Master

Apparently Arnold Swartzenegger is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame at the 2015 ceremony!

Old 2nd March 2015, 10:46 AM
Cultist in Training

just discovered this thread lol didn't know there was anything wrestling related here ;p

I've been watching wrestling since 95, stopped watching religiously around 2004'ish and got back into it back in 2012.. so excited for Mania
Old 2nd March 2015, 07:41 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Makes Chewie look like the sinful dwarf.....

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd March 2015, 05:57 PM
Cult Master

For those who still think wrestling is fake

Perry Aguayo Jr was a Mexican wrestler:

"On March 20, 2015, Aguayo wrestled a tag match, teaming with Manik against Rey Mysterio Jr. and Xtreme Tiger at a show in Tijuana, Mexico. During the match, Mysterio used a headscissors takedown to propel Aguayo out of the ring, but Aguayo quickly returned to the ring, upon-which Mysterio dropkicked Aguayo in the back to set up for Mysterio's signature 619 as Aguayo landed throat-first on the middle rope. Manik then fell onto the middle rope to set up a double 619 spot, whiplashing the rope Aguayo was resting on. At this point, Aguayo appeared to be limp. Mysterio performed the 619 and did not hit any opponent. The match continued, but was quickly finished by Mysterio pinning Manik. Konnan attempted to revive Aguayo at ringside. Officials later brought Aguayo out of the ring. When paramedics arrived, Aguayo was brought to the local Del Prado hospital, where he was pronounced dead around 1:00am on March 21.

According to the initial announcement from the hospital, Aguayo died from a cervical spine trauma, reportedly as a result of a dropkick by Mysterio Jr. that propelled him forward and caused the ring ropes to snap his neck. The official cause of death was later announced as cardiac arrest, believed to be caused by the neck injury. At the time of the incident Aguayo was not immediately attended to by a physician and was actually taken from the ring on a piece of plywood instead of a stretcher, which lead to some criticism of the event organizers. The Tijuana wrestling commission later explained that the doctor was backstage, attending to two other injuries that happened during the show. One of those injuries was a spinal injury and they did not want to remove that wrestler from the stretcher he was on, which was why they used the plywood to move Aguayo from the ring. The doctors worked on resuscitating Aguayo for over an hour before declaring him dead. On March 21 the attorney general for Baja California announced that they would conduct an investigation into the death of Aguayo and the circumstances surrounding it to determine if there was the possibility of any criminal charges to be filed."

Perro Aguayo Jr. - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 22nd March 2015, 06:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

In that case, if it's a real sport, then it shouldn't be allowed to be discussed on here

(Sad news about the deceased wrestler BTW, I'm not heartless)
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!