Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree779Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 3rd September 2022, 09:41 PM
Cult Master

The results from the 2022 Clash At The Castle Pay Per View:

SPOILER:
  • In the pre-show Six-man tag team match, Madcap Moss and The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins and Montez Ford) defeated Austin Theory and Alpha Academy (Chad Gable and Otis) by pinfall
  • The first proper match in the PPV was a Six-woman tag team match where Damage Control (Bayley, Dakota Kai, and Iyo Sky) defeated Bianca Belair, Alexa Bliss, and Asuka by pinfall
  • The next match was the a singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship where Gunther (with Imperium (Ludwig Kaiser and Giovanni Vinci)) defeated Sheamus (with The Brawling Brutes (Ridge Holland and Butch)) by pinfall to retain the title. This bout is being touted as the 'match of the year'
  • In a singles match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship, Liv Morgan defeated Shayna Baszler by pinfall to retain the championship
  • In a tag team match, Edge and Rey Mysterio (with Dominik Mysterio) defeated The Judgment Day (Finn Balor and Damian Priest) (with Rhea Ripley) by pinfall. At the end of the match, Dominik turned heel, kicking Edge in the groin for a low blow and then leveling Rey with a clothesline. Although there was no indication that he had joined Judgment Day, I wouldn't be surprised if that is was will happen. Dominik probably doesn't have strong enough mic or wrestling skills to go out as a singles wrestler at the moment
  • In the penultimate singles match, Seth 'Freakin' Rollins defeated Matt Riddle by pinfall
  • The final match of the event was for a singles match for the Undisputed WWE Universal Championship where Roman Reigns extended his championship run by defeated Drew McIntyre by pinfall. Although there was no sign of Bray Wyatt, Solo Sikoa (who is the younger brother of Jimmy and Jay Uso, and also Reigns cousin) made his WWE debut by interfering in the match and helping Reigns to win, At the end of that match, boxer Tyson Fury stood in McIntyre's corner, telling him that he did the country proud and that everyone was still behind him

The attendance at the event is being reported as being 62,296, but seeing as that figure is exactly the same as a capacity crowd for a wrestling event at the venue...it must be taken with a pinch of salt!!

The next WWE PPV event is due to be 'Extreme Rules', which is to take place on October 8
MrBarlow likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 9th September 2022, 05:56 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan Foreman View Post
Meltzer gave the Seth Rollins / Cody Rhodes Hell In A Cell match a 5* rating
Sheamus / Gunther at Clash At The Castle was also given a 5* rating

Old 15th September 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult Master

Rumour has it... Vinnie Mac is going to be inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame next year

Old 22nd September 2022, 12:30 PM
Cult Master

How much does an audience add to a wrestling match?

'The Invisible Man' vs. 'Invisible Stan' from the Game Changer Wrestling Event 'Joey Janela's Spring Break 3' in 2019

MrBarlow likes this.

Old 22nd September 2022, 07:07 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

How to sell a low blow by Jericho

Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 22nd September 2022, 08:15 PM
Cult Master

I like the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla. He is one of the great heels and his mic skills are up there with the best of them
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 22nd September 2022, 08:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Referee's know how to sell a bump

Old 22nd September 2022, 09:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Big Show almost manages a good accent.

Last edited by MrBarlow; 23rd September 2022 at 06:58 AM.
Old 9th October 2022, 07:23 AM
Cult Master

The results from the 2022 Extreme Rules Pay Per View:

SPOILER:
  • The first match of the event was a Six-man tag team Good Old Fashioned Donnybrook match [which was basically a No Disqualification / No Holds Barred match]. The team of The Brawling Brutes (Sheamus, Ridge Holland, and Butch) won when they defeated Imperium (Gunther, Ludwig Kaiser, and Giovanni Vinci) by pinfall
  • In the Extreme Rules match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship, Ronda Rousey defeated Liv Morgan by technical submission to win the championship
  • In a Strap match, Karrion Kross (with Scarlett) defeated Drew McIntyre by pinfall
  • Bianca Belair defeated Bayley in a Ladder Match to retain the WWE Raw Women's Championship
  • Finn Balor (with Damian Priest, Dominik Mysterio and Rhea Ripley) defeated Edge (with Rey Mysterio and Beth Phoenix) in an "I Quit" match
  • Matt Riddle defeated Seth "Freakin" Rollins by submission in a Fight Pit match [which was a glorified cage match]
  • However, the biggest pop of the event came right at the end PPV when the mystery of the 'white rabbit' was solved, and it was confirmed that Bray Wyatt (in a new Fiend mask) and the rest of the Funhouse crew were returning

The next WWE PPV event is due to be the annual Saudi Arabia extravaganza 'Crown Jewel', due to take place on November 5
MrBarlow likes this.

Old 9th October 2022, 08:10 PM
Cult Master

"WWE is reportedly concerned about Randy Orton’s health and future.

Orton last wrestled on the May 20th SmackDown, where he and Matt Riddle came up short against current Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions The Usos in the match to unify the titles. There was a post-match angle that saw The Bloodline beat down RK-Bro at ringside. Orton has not been seen since then, and WWE mentioned on TV how he’s dealt with a back injury. It was then reported in mid-June how WWE officials were concerned that Orton might need surgery, which would likely have him out of the ring for the rest of 2022

In an update, a new report from the Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that there is a lot of concern over Orton’s back injury, and the severity of the injury

Randy Orton has been synonymous with his RKO finisher for nearly two decades. But, as the 14-time world champion admitted in an interview with FOX 2 Now in St Louis while promoting the 2022 Royal Rumble, the move is starting to take a physical toll on his body. "The Viper" explained, "I've been doing it for a very long time and I kind of wish I could go back in time and create a finishing move that didn't entail me jumping up as high as I can and landing on my back. After doing that a couple of thousand times over the last few decades, I'm starting to feel it.""

Like this? Share it using the links below!